Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best ever whisky? 22:56 - Jun 13 with 6890 viewsMaySixth

Balvenie.

The end.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Best ever whisky? on 23:00 - Jun 13 with 4239 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Aldi.

I'm right, you're wrong.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Best ever whisky? on 23:01 - Jun 13 with 4229 viewssparks

Best ever whisky? on 23:00 - Jun 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Aldi.

I'm right, you're wrong.

Gentleman Jack.

Lovely lovely stuff. Never got on with the scotch stuff tbh. Prefer Cognac.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Best ever whisky? on 23:02 - Jun 13 with 4225 viewsscotdoc

Best ever whisky? on 23:00 - Jun 13 by Marshalls_Mullet

Aldi.

I'm right, you're wrong.

Peaty chaps for me.
Lagavulin😁
Best ever whisky? on 23:04 - Jun 13 with 4221 viewsMJallday

Talisker. Although Jura is becoming a favourite

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Best ever whisky? on 23:06 - Jun 13 with 4216 viewsOwainG1992

Best ever whisky? on 23:04 - Jun 13 by MJallday

Talisker is terrific.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Best ever whisky? on 23:10 - Jun 13 with 4205 viewsGuthrum

Highland Park.

Or, for American whiskies, Wild Turkey.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Best ever whisky? on 23:11 - Jun 13 with 4204 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whatever makes you frisky

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Best ever whisky? on 23:11 - Jun 13 with 4205 viewshatch

Best ever whisky? on 23:04 - Jun 13 by MJallday

My missus worked for Jura for a little while and we were stacked up with the stuff, unfortunately my taste buds haven’t matured to whisky yet, perhaps not the thread to be admitting that.
Login to get fewer ads

Best ever whisky? on 23:13 - Jun 13 with 4209 viewsOldsmoker

I once had a girlfriends father pour me a single malt.
I said I thought it was "quite nice" but I preferred whiskey with a bit of lemonade.
My girlfriend quickly suggested we go to the pub and I could still hear him shouting and swearing from inside the house as we walked down the street.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Best ever whisky? on 23:13 - Jun 13 with 4200 viewslinhdi

Bowmore. Subtle Islay with a hint of sea salt, it seems. Unbeatable.
Best ever whisky? on 23:16 - Jun 13 with 4190 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best ever whisky? on 23:11 - Jun 13 by hatch

My missus worked for Jura for a little while and we were stacked up with the stuff, unfortunately my taste buds haven’t matured to whisky yet, perhaps not the thread to be admitting that.

I went through a phase during my formative years. Jura is one of may favourites, but then i liked most of them. Love the peaty ones from the islands like Lagavulin and also the more subtle Speysides like Dalwhinnie.

We used to have a drop in my walking/climbing/fieldwork days. I was also travelling a lot then and so often picked up a bottle in duty free. But those days stopped a long time ago and I don't think I've touched a drop in the best part of 15 yrs.

Best ever whisky? on 23:17 - Jun 13 with 4188 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best ever whisky? on 23:13 - Jun 13 by Oldsmoker

I once had a girlfriends father pour me a single malt.
I said I thought it was "quite nice" but I preferred whiskey with a bit of lemonade.
My girlfriend quickly suggested we go to the pub and I could still hear him shouting and swearing from inside the house as we walked down the street.

With a drop of water is the real way. I always found that difficult to get used to as 'real men' (southern England version) were supposed to have liquor neat.

Best ever whisky? on 23:20 - Jun 13 with 4170 viewsWeWereZombies

Haven't got round all of the distilleries yet, I'll get back to you on this one.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Best ever whisky? on 23:28 - Jun 13 with 4171 viewsOldsmoker

Best ever whisky? on 23:17 - Jun 13 by Swansea_Blue

With a drop of water is the real way. I always found that difficult to get used to as 'real men' (southern England version) were supposed to have liquor neat.

I believe her father was a connosieur or maybe he was a drunk.
He was right about one thing - I wasn't going to be his son-in-law.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Best ever whisky? on 23:33 - Jun 13 with 4160 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best ever whisky? on 23:28 - Jun 13 by Oldsmoker

I believe her father was a connosieur or maybe he was a drunk.
He was right about one thing - I wasn't going to be his son-in-law.

Best ever whisky? on 23:48 - Jun 13 with 4134 viewsTractorchef

I did taste of London with The Balvenie a couple of years back matching dishes to their whisky. It really is very good! PortWood would be my preference.
Best ever whisky? on 23:59 - Jun 13 with 4120 viewsPinewoodblue

Best ever whisky? on 23:10 - Jun 13 by Guthrum

Highland Park.

Or, for American whiskies, Wild Turkey.

I'm with Guthrum and will share Highland Park although there is now such a bewildering choice of individual whiskies in the Highland Park range.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Best ever whisky? on 06:46 - Jun 14 with 3975 viewsWeWereZombies

Best ever whisky? on 23:59 - Jun 13 by Pinewoodblue

I'm with Guthrum and will share Highland Park although there is now such a bewildering choice of individual whiskies in the Highland Park range.

I had my first bottle of Highland Park last year, either the 10 or the 12 year. It is interesting to see a whisky out of Orkney and there is a different, and difficult to place, taste to it. One to watch out for in a couple of years will be the first bottles from the new distillery on Raasay which started up last year.

Best ever whisky? on 08:17 - Jun 14 with 3904 viewsglasso

My favourites seem to change by the minute (I'm also more of a bourbon man) but I'd recommend exploring That Boutiquey Whisky Company. Tried a few of their more expensive bottles at a whisky tasting event a while back and they were pretty special
Best ever whisky? on 08:31 - Jun 14 with 3869 viewsBlueBadger

Nonsense, it's this.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/bowmore/bowmore-15-year-old-darkest-35cl-w

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Best ever whisky? on 08:35 - Jun 14 with 3864 viewsPinewoodblue

Best ever whisky? on 06:46 - Jun 14 by WeWereZombies

I had my first bottle of Highland Park last year, either the 10 or the 12 year. It is interesting to see a whisky out of Orkney and there is a different, and difficult to place, taste to it. One to watch out for in a couple of years will be the first bottles from the new distillery on Raasay which started up last year.

You are right about the taste the smoothness comes from the ageing but there is something different about HP, tastes as if it should be more expensive.

Tried a couple from the Viking range and enjoyed them. This was on a drinks inclusive cruise which included all premium whiskies particularly liked the 20+ year Absolute but could never justify the price tags.

2023 year of destiny

Best ever whisky? on 08:44 - Jun 14 with 3852 viewsWeWereZombies

Best ever whisky? on 08:35 - Jun 14 by Pinewoodblue

You are right about the taste the smoothness comes from the ageing but there is something different about HP, tastes as if it should be more expensive.

Tried a couple from the Viking range and enjoyed them. This was on a drinks inclusive cruise which included all premium whiskies particularly liked the 20+ year Absolute but could never justify the price tags.

I guess I pound a different beat, picked up the ten year Highland Park for something like £20 in an Asda superstore one Christmas. The competition for the seasonal drinks market often drives prices down. I am not keen on this new trend from distilleries to name expressions rather than declare their age but I suspect I don't really have much of a palette so rely on a good age for guidance.

Would that the women I meet did the same...

Best ever whisky? on 09:45 - Jun 14 with 3783 viewsSikamikanico

Best ever whisky? on 23:17 - Jun 13 by Swansea_Blue

I went on a distillery tour in the early 00's. Edradour in Pitlochry.

The Scotsmen in charge of the tour told us all (threatened really) that if he saw any of us ever add ice, coke or anything apart from a little water he would hit us hard over the head.
Best ever whisky? on 09:50 - Jun 14 with 3777 viewsSaleAway

Different whisky for different times.. there is no right answer.

However a drinks cabinet containing

Lagavulin
Highland park
Talisker
Scapa

should see you right for most occasions.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Best ever whisky? on 09:58 - Jun 14 with 3761 viewsPinewoodblue

Best ever whisky? on 09:45 - Jun 14 by Sikamikanico

I went on a distillery tour in the early 00's. Edradour in Pitlochry.

The Scotsmen in charge of the tour told us all (threatened really) that if he saw any of us ever add ice, coke or anything apart from a little water he would hit us hard over the head.

Brother in law is a Scot, taking a wee dram is obligatory if you visit. He will pour one for my wife and always says you know where the lemonade is I will not do it for you.

If you like your whisky chilled,as I do, use granite rocks kept in the freezer. Small cubes shaped. If I'm offered Bells I take ice but only to dilute it and take the sharpness away.

2023 year of destiny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024