Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What does Boris do now? 07:21 - Jun 14 with 5158 viewsgordon

If he attends the TV debates there's a pretty high risk that Gove dismantles him - the other candidates left are also pretty competent speakers too, so he could end up looking pretty awful. But if he doesn't attend it will show him up for cowardice, and look very poor too.

It's pretty mind-boggling the amount of MPs willing to support him without his competence or ability being tested at all so far.
What does Boris do now? on 07:25 - Jun 14 with 4451 viewsDubtractor

Mind boggling and depressing tbh.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What does Boris do now? on 07:36 - Jun 14 with 4414 viewsGlasgowBlue

I read somewhere that his supporters have priced in his incompetence.

It’s oretty depressing that a huge number of Tory MPs are willing to elect a PM knowing he will be a disaster just because the6 think he will get them another five years.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

What does Boris do now? on 07:39 - Jun 14 with 4406 viewsbluelagos

May's refusal to debate made her look cowardly and was part of the reason the Tories lost their majority. Suspect that will weigh on his mind.

Though the phrase "Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" seems very relevant.

I suspect he will take part and then mumble/bumble when put under pressure. Much as did when taken apart by Eddie Muir in that infamous interview.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

What does Boris do now? on 07:42 - Jun 14 with 4394 viewsHerbivore

It's pure desperation. They all know he's fooking useless and has no principles but they are willing to vote for him because (a) they know that for some reason Tory voters like him so he gives them a chance of winning a GE, and (b) his lack of competence and willingness to graft leaves opportunities for other ministers to basically steer the ship.

It's an absolute classic Tory power grab in a number of ways: Boris sees an opportunity to grab the top job despite not really being up to it, the Tories see a route to keeping power, and his backers see a chance to use his incompetence to wield power themselves.

This is why many of us despise the w@nkers. None of this is about what's good for the country, it's all about self-preservation. A pox on all their houses.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What does Boris do now? on 08:10 - Jun 14 with 4314 viewsWeWereZombies

Forsitan modo latine loqui cum quibus aliqui disputent?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

What does Boris do now? on 08:14 - Jun 14 with 4304 viewsElephantintheRoom

Well his first priority is to get through the weekend without anyting appearing in the sunday papers highlighting why he withdrew last time around. Or any other of the myriad of scandals, perceived and real lurking in the woodwork. Other than that why bother to do anything? The TV debates are pointless charades as the decisions will be made by MPs - who would prefer Johnson to be the annointed one without having to go to 240,000 old farts and bigots in the home counties. Boris is the clear favourite there too. So silence is golden.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What does Boris do now? on 08:28 - Jun 14 with 4250 viewsgordon

What does Boris do now? on 08:14 - Jun 14 by ElephantintheRoom

Well his first priority is to get through the weekend without anyting appearing in the sunday papers highlighting why he withdrew last time around. Or any other of the myriad of scandals, perceived and real lurking in the woodwork. Other than that why bother to do anything? The TV debates are pointless charades as the decisions will be made by MPs - who would prefer Johnson to be the annointed one without having to go to 240,000 old farts and bigots in the home counties. Boris is the clear favourite there too. So silence is golden.

I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves - 16 hustings around the country, presumably there'll be clips available online etc. If it were Boris vs Gove it would be a pretty brutal month for BoJo - maybe Gove isn't favourite to get 2nd spot but he would certainly have no qualms about humiliating Boris over and over again.
What does Boris do now? on 08:54 - Jun 14 with 4177 viewsGuthrum

The media (particularly the Telegraph) has generated the impression that Conservative local associations are peopled entirely by foaming Borisites. Would be interesting to know how far that is true (and why - has everyone else left?), as this appears to be having significant influence on some MPs thoughts.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

What does Boris do now? on 09:35 - Jun 14 with 4113 viewsElephantintheRoom

What does Boris do now? on 08:28 - Jun 14 by gordon

I think we're getting a little ahead of ourselves - 16 hustings around the country, presumably there'll be clips available online etc. If it were Boris vs Gove it would be a pretty brutal month for BoJo - maybe Gove isn't favourite to get 2nd spot but he would certainly have no qualms about humiliating Boris over and over again.

You're gettng a little ahead of yourself. The priority will be to get vanity candidates to bend the knee next week - that includes Gove who has lied on his US visa applications and denied it on national TV.. A charade of voting will establish Hunt as the chosen number 2 . Hunt will be asked to stand down in exchange for a top job - and no need to worry those tory party members at all. The only problem for Johnson now is if reality intrudes on the process - which is why all the real effort is being spent via suppressing court cases and sunday paper stories..

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What does Boris do now? on 09:38 - Jun 14 with 4106 viewsgordon

What does Boris do now? on 08:54 - Jun 14 by Guthrum

The media (particularly the Telegraph) has generated the impression that Conservative local associations are peopled entirely by foaming Borisites. Would be interesting to know how far that is true (and why - has everyone else left?), as this appears to be having significant influence on some MPs thoughts.

Yup, and it'd be interesting to know how much attention they would pay to the hustings as well, it might just be that Boris is higher profile, but once he was scrutinised support would fall away.
What does Boris do now? on 09:43 - Jun 14 with 4081 viewsBloomBlue

Maybe he's looking at Corbyn and thinking if you commit to nothing you can fool some people into thinking you're talking sense especially the social media brigade
What does Boris do now? on 09:45 - Jun 14 with 4080 viewsRadlett_blue

Boris is going to be in the final come what may. He will hope that he is up against a soft Brexiteer (probably Hunt) as it's hard to see the Tory members voting for that.
Gove seems an even more unappealing PM than Boris (hard to write that I know) so he seems unstoppable.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What does Boris do now? on 09:49 - Jun 14 with 4061 viewsPinewoodblue

Too early to think about the final two debate. Wait and see which candidates pull out over the weekend and who gets 33 votes on Tuesday.

Suspect Rory will still be roaring which will surprise some. Tory MPs are probably the least trustworthy electorate on the planet. Boris will probably see his vote fall as MPs vote tactically to try and remove challengers, this is where Rory will get support. Not sure Hancock will make the cut.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What does Boris do now? on 09:55 - Jun 14 with 4029 viewsIpswichKnight

What does Boris do now? on 08:54 - Jun 14 by Guthrum

Think I read there is something like 30,000 new members or something, not all of them are going to be raving brexiters sent over by the Brexit party to do there bidding!

Yes Boris is popular mainly as he does as Lynton Crosby tells him ( do not forget the allure of Lynton Crosby he won London elections twice, a conservative majority and won an Australian election recently. He knows how to win! ) take Lynton away and the Tories turn back to the rats in a sack as demonstrated when Nick Timothy sidelined him and let the Maybot run loose in the last election.

Starting to sound like Matt Hancock might pull out very soon. I would very much like to see Rory v Boris in the final 2.
What does Boris do now? on 10:04 - Jun 14 with 3993 viewsPinewoodblue

What does Boris do now? on 09:55 - Jun 14 by IpswichKnight

Think I read there is something like 30,000 new members or something, not all of them are going to be raving brexiters sent over by the Brexit party to do there bidding!

Yes Boris is popular mainly as he does as Lynton Crosby tells him ( do not forget the allure of Lynton Crosby he won London elections twice, a conservative majority and won an Australian election recently. He knows how to win! ) take Lynton away and the Tories turn back to the rats in a sack as demonstrated when Nick Timothy sidelined him and let the Maybot run loose in the last election.

Starting to sound like Matt Hancock might pull out very soon. I would very much like to see Rory v Boris in the final 2.

Wondered about new members. The surge in membership with Labour moved them more towards the left and got Corbyn elected.

Be interesting, if it even goes to party members, what difference a 25% increase in membership means.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What does Boris do now? on 10:11 - Jun 14 with 3968 viewsfooters

What does Boris do now? on 08:10 - Jun 14 by WeWereZombies

Forsitan modo latine loqui cum quibus aliqui disputent?

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur.

Just ask Mr Rees-Mogg.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What does Boris do now? on 10:13 - Jun 14 with 3963 viewsGuthrum

'... not all of them are going to be raving brexiters sent over by the Brexit party to do there bidding!' - tho quite a lot of them will be, judging by situations such as Beaconsfield.

What does Boris do now? on 10:15 - Jun 14 with 3959 viewsBlueBadger

Lyton's tactics only tend to work so long though. He was also behind the 2017 campaign and the London mayoral failures. Seems you can only win by dog-whistling and smearing for so long.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What does Boris do now? on 10:17 - Jun 14 with 3951 viewsfooters

What does Boris do now? on 10:15 - Jun 14 by BlueBadger

Lyton's tactics only tend to work so long though. He was also behind the 2017 campaign and the London mayoral failures. Seems you can only win by dog-whistling and smearing for so long.

He failed in Australia with the 'strong and stable' stuff too. In fact, I'm struggling to think of a recent campaign of his that's gone just ok and not been an unmitigated disaster.

Bloke's a nasty influence on political life wherever he goes.

What does Boris do now? on 10:20 - Jun 14 with 3935 viewsStokieBlue

He's in a spot of bother now. If he doesn't go it looks weak, what's the point of having a PM who can't argue his corner.

If he does go he will get destroyed by Stewart and Gove who are just more accomplished at debating.

It's whether that destruction will even matter to the Tory MPs and membership. It's quite possible it won't make a different no matter how badly he does.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What does Boris do now? on 10:30 - Jun 14 with 3897 viewsGuthrum

What does Boris do now? on 10:20 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

He's in a spot of bother now. If he doesn't go it looks weak, what's the point of having a PM who can't argue his corner.

If he does go he will get destroyed by Stewart and Gove who are just more accomplished at debating.

It's whether that destruction will even matter to the Tory MPs and membership. It's quite possible it won't make a different no matter how badly he does.

SB

Tho if he does anything spectacularly self-damaging on TV, that could affect his chances of winning a General Election, thus putting a big dent in one of the features which supposedly makes him more attractive to the membership.

What does Boris do now? on 10:37 - Jun 14 with 3875 viewsWeWereZombies

What does Boris do now? on 10:11 - Jun 14 by footers

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur.

Just ask Mr Rees-Mogg.

Circa quod quid est in secessum emittitur?

What does Boris do now? on 10:47 - Jun 14 with 3854 viewsfooters

What does Boris do now? on 10:37 - Jun 14 by WeWereZombies

Circa quod quid est in secessum emittitur?

My latin isn't what it used to be, buh!

What does Boris do now? on 11:02 - Jun 14 with 3826 viewsGeoffSentence

What does Boris do now? on 09:35 - Jun 14 by ElephantintheRoom

You're gettng a little ahead of yourself. The priority will be to get vanity candidates to bend the knee next week - that includes Gove who has lied on his US visa applications and denied it on national TV.. A charade of voting will establish Hunt as the chosen number 2 . Hunt will be asked to stand down in exchange for a top job - and no need to worry those tory party members at all. The only problem for Johnson now is if reality intrudes on the process - which is why all the real effort is being spent via suppressing court cases and sunday paper stories..

I found the use of the term 'vanity candidates' by the Bojo camp very interesting since he is the archetypal vanity candidate.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What does Boris do now? on 11:02 - Jun 14 with 3826 viewsWeWereZombies

What does Boris do now? on 10:47 - Jun 14 by footers

My latin isn't what it used to be, buh!

Mine never was, they streamed you after your first year at Northgate depending on how well you did in the end of year Latin exam. I came 21st out of 24 and it was the 'B' stream and no more Latin for me. I am sure I would have been a Nobel prize winner by now if another system had been in use.

So Google Translate is all I have and that was supposed to mean 'What about whatever is said in latrine?', when I switched the translate direction around I got 'To this end, what is it in the draft?'!
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 11:13]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024