Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How long will it be... 08:13 - Jun 14 with 6693 viewschicoazul

....before shops and online retailers aren't allowed to use terms like "Men's" to indicate which clothes are intended for men, but have to use something else instead?
I say within 3 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48628678

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How long will it be... on 13:59 - Jun 14 with 566 viewsjeera

How long will it be... on 08:29 - Jun 14 by BlueBadger

Well, you can already be arrested and thrown in jail for saying you're English...

Really?

Just for saying you're English?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How long will it be... on 14:00 - Jun 14 with 565 viewschicoazul

How long will it be... on 12:45 - Jun 14 by gordon

I'm pretty sure that men and women will always have different shaped bodies, so I think it will always be helpful for shops to indicate to us which body shape their clothes are intended for.

Not in the case of, for instance, pre-transition trans women.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How long will it be... on 14:01 - Jun 14 with 562 viewsSouperJim

How long will it be... on 08:37 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

In that case why are you bothering, as you and others have already decided I am stupid/mad and i'm overreacting? You could tell me why you think i'm wrong, of course.

Hi gents, I think I can see what has happened here and it's a case of miscommunication.

The problem, as I see it, is slight differences in intent and interpretation of the word "overreacting". Based on what Chico has posted, he seems to feel that the word overreacting suggests he was having a strong, perhaps even slightly wild emotional response to the issue in question. When in fact there appears to be little evidence of this in his posts.

Dan however, appears to have meant the term "overreacting" as a statement that Chico's opinion (shops not labelling clothes by gender within 3 years) was simply wide of the mark, an over-estimation if you will as to the response of the retail sector on the given issue.

I hope that helps.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

How long will it be... on 14:09 - Jun 14 with 542 viewsbluebud

How long will it be... on 14:00 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Not in the case of, for instance, pre-transition trans women.

...can you explain why not for pre-transition trans women?
How long will it be... on 14:10 - Jun 14 with 538 viewsSpruceMoose

How long will it be... on 14:01 - Jun 14 by SouperJim

Hi gents, I think I can see what has happened here and it's a case of miscommunication.

The problem, as I see it, is slight differences in intent and interpretation of the word "overreacting". Based on what Chico has posted, he seems to feel that the word overreacting suggests he was having a strong, perhaps even slightly wild emotional response to the issue in question. When in fact there appears to be little evidence of this in his posts.

Dan however, appears to have meant the term "overreacting" as a statement that Chico's opinion (shops not labelling clothes by gender within 3 years) was simply wide of the mark, an over-estimation if you will as to the response of the retail sector on the given issue.

I hope that helps.

Have you ever considered a career in forum moderation? My training institute is offering night classes if you were interested in gaining your accreditation?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

How long will it be... on 14:19 - Jun 14 with 522 viewsSouperJim

How long will it be... on 14:10 - Jun 14 by SpruceMoose

Have you ever considered a career in forum moderation? My training institute is offering night classes if you were interested in gaining your accreditation?

Tempting, but I've heard Phil only pays in digestives and I'm more of a hobnob kinda guy.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

How long will it be... on 14:23 - Jun 14 with 520 viewsJ2BLUE

How long will it be... on 08:20 - Jun 14 by hampstead_blue

we are swiftly moving toward a world were simply identifying something will get you into deep trouble.

Fear of offence could paralize normal society.

In 100 years I reckon people will be heavily encouraged (at least) to bring their kids up gender neutral until they decide what gender they are.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How long will it be... on 14:28 - Jun 14 with 517 viewsSpruceMoose

How long will it be... on 14:23 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

In 100 years I reckon people will be heavily encouraged (at least) to bring their kids up gender neutral until they decide what gender they are.

#YoungBenters

Nonsense.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024