Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager 10:49 - Jun 14 with 2133 viewsSteve_M

Seems like a classic reaction against Pulis, pick someone fans will take to instantly. It'll be interesting to see how he does given one of the larger budgets in the division and an owner keen for a quick promotion.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/12/middlesbrough-appoint-jonathan-

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 11:51 - Jun 14 with 2050 viewswkj

The Lampard effect. Recently retired player given a tough first task. Interesting to see how it will transpire

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 18:49 - Jun 14 with 1926 viewsbrogansnose

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 11:51 - Jun 14 by wkj

The Lampard effect. Recently retired player given a tough first task. Interesting to see how it will transpire

Hmmm, is Frankie going to Chelsea, an even tougher task but it would quieten down the masses.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/14/chelsea-frank-lampard-talks-mau
Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 18:51 - Jun 14 with 1923 viewswkj

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 18:49 - Jun 14 by brogansnose

Hmmm, is Frankie going to Chelsea, an even tougher task but it would quieten down the masses.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/14/chelsea-frank-lampard-talks-mau

I just read that, what a tough choice for him. If i were him unless its a massive payday i'd say no, assuming that chance may come to him again later- but 2 seasons with no transfers? ooooof, that could Tim Sherwood his career

Crybaby

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 18:58 - Jun 14 with 1907 viewsgiant_stow

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 18:51 - Jun 14 by wkj

I just read that, what a tough choice for him. If i were him unless its a massive payday i'd say no, assuming that chance may come to him again later- but 2 seasons with no transfers? ooooof, that could Tim Sherwood his career

Madness! He has to grab the chance now.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:01 - Jun 14 with 1891 viewswkj

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 18:58 - Jun 14 by giant_stow

Were talking about lampard replacing Sarri, not Michael Theoklitos replacing Farke

Crybaby

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:03 - Jun 14 with 1883 viewsgiant_stow

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:01 - Jun 14 by wkj

Were talking about lampard replacing Sarri, not Michael Theoklitos replacing Farke

Who the f is that and what are you on about replacing farke?!!!! stop playing with me, brute

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:06 - Jun 14 with 1875 viewsbrogansnose

I wouldn't, the club is in flux and there's far too much pressure to have an immediate impact. Better off building up your CV and stock and perhaps riding to the rescue later.

It does smell of not being able to get in who they may want with the transfer ban and Hazard leaving and Frankie boy ticking some boxes for the time being.
Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:34 - Jun 14 with 1835 viewsJ2BLUE

Hazard gone, no signings and City/Liverpool are going to be even stronger. God you budgies are thick.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:36 - Jun 14 with 1836 viewsfabian_illness

When he was at Leeds his nickname was ‘Village’, as in village idiot, on account that he wasn’t very bright.
Be interesting to see how he does.
Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:39 - Jun 14 with 1828 viewsgiant_stow

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:34 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

Hazard gone, no signings and City/Liverpool are going to be even stronger. God you budgies are thick.

Ya boo to you roo. If he stays, muffs it up at Derby, he may not get offered any big job again. So what if its a tricky ask? That'll give him more kudos points to spend. take the chance to manage a big boy or it may never come again

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:40 - Jun 14 with 1824 viewsgiant_stow

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:06 - Jun 14 by brogansnose

I wouldn't, the club is in flux and there's far too much pressure to have an immediate impact. Better off building up your CV and stock and perhaps riding to the rescue later.

It does smell of not being able to get in who they may want with the transfer ban and Hazard leaving and Frankie boy ticking some boxes for the time being.

Yes it does and he should take advantage of that.

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:46 - Jun 14 with 1804 viewsJ2BLUE

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:39 - Jun 14 by giant_stow

Ya boo to you roo. If he stays, muffs it up at Derby, he may not get offered any big job again. So what if its a tricky ask? That'll give him more kudos points to spend. take the chance to manage a big boy or it may never come again

Derby make the play offs almost every year. Chelsea fans consider it to be written in the stars that he manages them. The opportunity won't be lost. At best he's in a battle for third if he goes there but Spurs will win that. Then what is he left with? A battle for fourth with United and Arsenal. It would be madness.

I bet you Chelsea go for an established but ageing coach who just wants the payday.

Truly impaired.

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:49 - Jun 14 with 1794 viewsgiant_stow

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:46 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

Derby make the play offs almost every year. Chelsea fans consider it to be written in the stars that he manages them. The opportunity won't be lost. At best he's in a battle for third if he goes there but Spurs will win that. Then what is he left with? A battle for fourth with United and Arsenal. It would be madness.

I bet you Chelsea go for an established but ageing coach who just wants the payday.

Derby aren't exactly flushed with cash anymore - it might actually be a safer bet to go to Chelsea expectations wise.

You wrong Mr! (all of you are )

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:52 - Jun 14 with 1781 viewsJ2BLUE

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 19:49 - Jun 14 by giant_stow

Derby aren't exactly flushed with cash anymore - it might actually be a safer bet to go to Chelsea expectations wise.

You wrong Mr! (all of you are )

You're wrong mate. Not as wrong as Norfolk family reunions but clearly wrong.

Truly impaired.

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 20:18 - Jun 14 with 1735 viewsBloomBlue

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 18:49 - Jun 14 by brogansnose

A lot of Chelsea fans want him as Manager, they say Frank is a Chelsea legend and perfect for Manager.

I guess a bit like Mark Fish getting the managers job at Town.
Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 11:42 - Jun 15 with 1452 viewsKeaneish

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 11:51 - Jun 14 by wkj

Terrible appointment for me. I expect them to slide to mid table.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 16:42 - Jun 15 with 1356 viewsNo9

Well, it is time to bring in new blood.
Lampard @ derby & Gerrard at rangers should be encouragement to owners to ring the changes.
Hopefully the old guard - Pulis, Alardyce, McCarthy have enough to not bother club football any more.
Time to move on, I wish him well
Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 21:20 - Jun 15 with 1283 viewsChurchman

Jonathan Woodgate is Boro Manager on 18:51 - Jun 14 by wkj

I go with this view for exactly the transfer embargo reason. I am also not sure how long the oligarch will stay interested in propping them up.

The risk though is that he fails at Derby. Yes, they made the playoffs and did well at dirty Leeds place, but his team set up in the few games I saw didn’t wholly impress me. However, he will get time to learn there or somewhere else as Bryan Robson did, so I think time is just about on his side to wait on Chelsea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024