Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, pre season starts in 10 or so days 11:17 - Jun 14 with 5237 viewschicoazul

And we have no first team full backs, no central defensive cover, no wide player cover, and Judge is wounded.
We have lots of central midfielders though, and 3 keepers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 11:22 - Jun 14 with 4912 viewsSitfcB

CBS

Woolfenden
Chambers
Nsiala
Ndaba

Full backs

Emmanuel
Donacien
Kenlock
Nydam

Wide

Rowe
Edwards
El Mizouni
Lankester (?)

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:08 - Jun 14 with 4826 viewschicoazul

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 11:22 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

CBS

Woolfenden
Chambers
Nsiala
Ndaba

Full backs

Emmanuel
Donacien
Kenlock
Nydam

Wide

Rowe
Edwards
El Mizouni
Lankester (?)

CBs are 2 youngsters (not that there is anything wrong with that necessarily) 1 of whom does look good, a creaking Chambo and my man Toto who I like.

I dont think we have anything like the quality needed in full back, and I dont think is Nydam a FB really?

Yes Edwards is good but rowe and El Miz are unknowns really and who knows when or what state Lankester will be in when he comes back.

Lots to do IMVHO Sitters.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:13 - Jun 14 with 4817 viewsFixed_It

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:08 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

CBs are 2 youngsters (not that there is anything wrong with that necessarily) 1 of whom does look good, a creaking Chambo and my man Toto who I like.

I dont think we have anything like the quality needed in full back, and I dont think is Nydam a FB really?

Yes Edwards is good but rowe and El Miz are unknowns really and who knows when or what state Lankester will be in when he comes back.

Agreed if we were a Championship Club but sadly we aren't - and I think we have a squad capable of doing well in League 1, with maybe one or two additions.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:15 - Jun 14 with 4804 viewsSitfcB

A agree that’s there a bit to do and needs to be sorted ASAP. Lee O’Neill did say we’d get our business done early.

Suppose it’ll become easier at the start of July once players are released from contracts etc.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:18 - Jun 14 with 4790 viewsBrixtonBlue

Are you trying to convince everyone you're mad/stupid today?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:19 - Jun 14 with 4774 viewschicoazul

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:15 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

A agree that’s there a bit to do and needs to be sorted ASAP. Lee O’Neill did say we’d get our business done early.

Suppose it’ll become easier at the start of July once players are released from contracts etc.

He did indeed. And as we all know now because he has told us many times, Marcus is taking a much more hands on active role in transfers now.

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:20 - Jun 14 with 4768 viewschicoazul

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:18 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

Are you trying to convince everyone you're mad/stupid today?

Abuse reported.

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 13:39 - Jun 14 with 4644 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:20 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Abuse reported.

You didn't even manage to do that right!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 14:02 - Jun 14 with 4595 viewschicoazul

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 13:39 - Jun 14 by BrixtonBlue

You didn't even manage to do that right!

Of course I didnt report you for abuse, it was a joke. Sorry if it's not what you're paying for, we will all remember you calling me mad and/or stupid the next time you're crying about people having a go at you on here though.

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 14:07 - Jun 14 with 4574 viewsBrixtonBlue

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 14:02 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Of course I didnt report you for abuse, it was a joke. Sorry if it's not what you're paying for, we will all remember you calling me mad and/or stupid the next time you're crying about people having a go at you on here though.

It was a reference to your other thread where you mentioned being mad/stupid.

It was also a joke.

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 16:32 - Jun 14 with 4454 viewscatch74

Imagining we’ll still get 1 or 2 loans this season, so that will wait until teams have sorted their squads out. Ball and to a lesser extent Gorrin have been bandied about, so hopefully at least a couple of signings along those lines too. Looking back I think we got our first player in early July last season, feels we’re a bit more settled and on top of things this year.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 17:15 - Jun 14 with 4390 viewsJ2BLUE

We need a LB and CB IMO. Quite happy to have Woolf as one of our 4 CBs but think counting Nbada is ridiculous. We need another senior CB.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 23:08 - Jun 14 with 4144 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 11:22 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

CBS

Woolfenden
Chambers
Nsiala
Ndaba

Full backs

Emmanuel
Donacien
Kenlock
Nydam

Wide

Rowe
Edwards
El Mizouni
Lankester (?)

Donacien is seen as a CB and Skuse can cover. CB is not the priority and we will need players to leave if we are to get any in there.

Who knows if another youngster might come back pushing for the first team too? It must be more likely in League 1 than it was in the Championship.

For wide players, add Sears (although he and Lankester are out to start with), Harrison, Jackson and Judge can all play there.

We really still have a big squad and most of them should be good enough for this level. What we really need is to trim it and find a consistent team that will play as a team. Where we really were lacking was up front. We have got one in but I think we could possibly do with another.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 23:50 - Jun 14 with 4086 viewsBLUEBEAT

“Judge is wounded”

Journos should replace injured with wounded immediately

Poll: W or W

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 07:48 - Jun 15 with 3947 viewsKeaneish

Isn't Donacien a CB in PLs eyes? There's your four centre backs. Do I think it's good enough? No, we need better.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 07:50 - Jun 15 with 3941 viewswkj

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 07:48 - Jun 15 by Keaneish

Isn't Donacien a CB in PLs eyes? There's your four centre backs. Do I think it's good enough? No, we need better.

I think I saw a story out there saying Donny is going to be given a chance as rb this season by Lambert
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 7:50]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 09:14 - Jun 15 with 3862 viewsKeaneish

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 07:50 - Jun 15 by wkj

I think I saw a story out there saying Donny is going to be given a chance as rb this season by Lambert
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 7:50]

I thought he did OK at RB last season and he's got a point to prove. Makes sense as he's on the books and provides competition. Chambers and Nsiala a show in for the CB slots, not that I'm completely comfortable with Nsiala starting.

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 11:12 - Jun 15 with 3772 viewsCaptMickMills

Josh Emmanuel 88 first team appearances mainly in Championship and League 1 at age 21

Myles Kenlock 66 first team appearances mainly at Championship at age 22

If we signed players with similar age and experience then probably think reasonable signings.

Both are viable first team players in League 1
So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 11:40 - Jun 15 with 3742 viewsKeaneish

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 11:12 - Jun 15 by CaptMickMills

Josh Emmanuel 88 first team appearances mainly in Championship and League 1 at age 21

Myles Kenlock 66 first team appearances mainly at Championship at age 22

If we signed players with similar age and experience then probably think reasonable signings.

Both are viable first team players in League 1

They are but they're both still very young and prone to naieve mistakes. That coupled with Nsiala's rash decision making and Chambers poor season is a very shaky back four in my opinion. Plus, with two young pros at full back, Wolfenden's starts would be that more limited. We need a very competent, versatile signing still.

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 11:52 - Jun 15 with 3722 viewstractorboy1978

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:15 - Jun 14 by SitfcB

That is a well used sound byte from clubs up and down the country year in and year out. There is of course an element of "wait and see what is available" and deals agreed subject to other deals falling into place. I should imagine we will still end up with a couple coming in or going out in late July/August.
So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 11:56 - Jun 15 with 3712 viewshampstead_blue

It is a bit worrying.

I hope there will be a huge cake arrive at Playford Rd and out will jump all of the players we want and need.....

Am I getting all dreamy?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 11:58 - Jun 15 with 3710 viewsBigManBlue

Agree 100% that we need another centre half, and have needed cover there for years (proper cover - not midfielders or wing backs who played there once or twice as teenagers).

Will personally be surprised if we see much more than that though, suspect this year will be about getting more from what we've got than ripping it up and buying better. If anyone thinks we'll get better (for League 1 standard) than, for instance, Emmannuel at RB or Rowe on the wing, then I'd have to disagree - at least when you consider the prices we'll be looking to pay.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 11:59 - Jun 15 with 3708 viewstitanicclown

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 17:15 - Jun 14 by J2BLUE

We need a LB and CB IMO. Quite happy to have Woolf as one of our 4 CBs but think counting Nbada is ridiculous. We need another senior CB.

Donacian - as 4th choice in league 1 should be fine.
So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:05 - Jun 15 with 3694 viewstitanicclown

Bailey Clements will get a chance to impress at LB in preseason.
Kenlock probably needs an experienced back up but Clements is a good young LB - reminds me of George McCartney. Hes 19 in Nov.
So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 12:10 - Jun 15 with 3684 viewstractorboy1978

So, pre season starts in 10 or so days on 11:58 - Jun 15 by BigManBlue

Agree 100% that we need another centre half, and have needed cover there for years (proper cover - not midfielders or wing backs who played there once or twice as teenagers).

Will personally be surprised if we see much more than that though, suspect this year will be about getting more from what we've got than ripping it up and buying better. If anyone thinks we'll get better (for League 1 standard) than, for instance, Emmannuel at RB or Rowe on the wing, then I'd have to disagree - at least when you consider the prices we'll be looking to pay.

Well we've out done Championship clubs on Norwood's wages so we aren't scrimping this summer. Personally, I will be surprised if we see Emmanuel lining up as the first choice RB and I don't think Rowe will play too much either unless he really impresses in pre season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024