Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... 16:45 - Jun 14 with 5524 viewsbackwaywhen

Taking the P as Norwich have entered the EFL trophy with their U21s . He thinks it’s hilarious as they will turn us over again next season ..... thoughts ....
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 16:56 - Jun 14 with 5450 viewswkj

You've got sh*t mates

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 17:38 - Jun 14 with 5281 viewsjontysnut

Port Vale v Stoke u23 this year was a bit tasty. Well be playing Luton, ColU and Stevenage. They'll be playing Peterboro, Cambridge and Lincoln.
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 17:46 - Jun 14 with 5244 viewsbackwaywhen

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 17:38 - Jun 14 by jontysnut

Port Vale v Stoke u23 this year was a bit tasty. Well be playing Luton, ColU and Stevenage. They'll be playing Peterboro, Cambridge and Lincoln.

Is that a guess or gen !
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 18:00 - Jun 14 with 5186 viewsTractorCam

You have to play one of the under 21s in the group stages.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 18:47 - Jun 14 with 5031 viewsDanny_G

I don’t think we can play them before the knockout rounds - rivals were kept apart in last year’s groups, which I assume will happen again this season: https://www.efl.com/news/2018/july/checkatrade-trophy-round-one-draw-information

‘Southampton U21s will be prevented from being drawn with Portsmouth, and Newcastle United U21s will avoid Sunderland in Round One, as the EFL has committed to work in conjunction with the police to avoid high-profile clashes in the Group Stages.’
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 07:37 - Jun 15 with 4454 viewsIpswichKnight

Won’t be playing Luton as they aren’t in the competition it’s only for league 1 and 2 sides plus the 16 academy teams. Plus you have to have an U23s side in the make up, most likely to be Saaaarfend, Col Who and Brighton.
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 07:45 - Jun 15 with 4443 viewsDanny_G

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 07:37 - Jun 15 by IpswichKnight

Won’t be playing Luton as they aren’t in the competition it’s only for league 1 and 2 sides plus the 16 academy teams. Plus you have to have an U23s side in the make up, most likely to be Saaaarfend, Col Who and Brighton.

The u21 teams are regionalised north and south, but then drawn at random - see the link I posted above. So it’ll probably be us, Colchester and Southend plus any random southern academy team other than Norwich.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 7:47]
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 09:50 - Jun 15 with 4315 viewsEatonBlue

If we have to play them we should field our under 18's just to take the p*ss
Login to get fewer ads

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 09:52 - Jun 15 with 4303 viewssparks

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 09:50 - Jun 15 by EatonBlue

If we have to play them we should field our under 18's just to take the p*ss

We should boycott the competition tbh- its a farce and further designed to direct power to the top flight.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 09:54 - Jun 15 with 4309 viewsPhilTWTD

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 18:47 - Jun 14 by Danny_G

I don’t think we can play them before the knockout rounds - rivals were kept apart in last year’s groups, which I assume will happen again this season: https://www.efl.com/news/2018/july/checkatrade-trophy-round-one-draw-information

‘Southampton U21s will be prevented from being drawn with Portsmouth, and Newcastle United U21s will avoid Sunderland in Round One, as the EFL has committed to work in conjunction with the police to avoid high-profile clashes in the Group Stages.’

Looking at the teams who have entered U21 sides into the competition this season, might Norwich end up in the north rather than south section anyway? Lot of London clubs, other southern sides and Norwich is more north than Birmingham and Wolverhampton.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/june/liverpool-and-manchester-united-u21s-confirme

This post has been edited by an administrator
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 11:17 - Jun 15 with 4176 viewsBigManBlue

I used to love the Trophy, back when it was the LDV Vans / Bachelors Mushy Peas Cup, or whatever it was known as that year - used to go and see Colchester fail around the Southern semi-final stage most years and saw some cracking games.

The under 23's being introduced has made a mockery of it to my mind though, now it's more about getting experience for some of the kids in bloated Cat 1 Academies, whilst the little clubs having a genuinely exciting cup competition get swept aside.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 13:07 - Jun 15 with 4062 viewssparks

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 11:17 - Jun 15 by BigManBlue

I used to love the Trophy, back when it was the LDV Vans / Bachelors Mushy Peas Cup, or whatever it was known as that year - used to go and see Colchester fail around the Southern semi-final stage most years and saw some cracking games.

The under 23's being introduced has made a mockery of it to my mind though, now it's more about getting experience for some of the kids in bloated Cat 1 Academies, whilst the little clubs having a genuinely exciting cup competition get swept aside.

Indeed- and those little clubs also have no prospect of ever building and getting bigger because they can never bring through good players and sell them, or use them to progress, because they are all in the said acadmies.

The FA and PL have blood on their hands so far as grass roots and lower league football is concerned. Ignorant, arrogant self agrandising cockwombles.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 13:13 - Jun 15 with 4050 viewsBigManBlue

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 13:07 - Jun 15 by sparks

Indeed- and those little clubs also have no prospect of ever building and getting bigger because they can never bring through good players and sell them, or use them to progress, because they are all in the said acadmies.

The FA and PL have blood on their hands so far as grass roots and lower league football is concerned. Ignorant, arrogant self agrandising cockwombles.

Well put. And now their chance of a big day out or a cup win is slowly being taken away too. I’m dreading the day that PL under 23’s end up in Leagues 1 and 2, which I think is where this is headed as it becomes more normalised to the UK audience.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 13:18 - Jun 15 with 4039 viewsBlueNomad

Nodge fans can look forward to weekly thrashings next season so this competition might be their only hope. Then we might be equals again in 20/21. Let him float now and refer back in the future
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 13:37 - Jun 15 with 4010 viewsBobbyDazzler

Norwich wont win
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 15:10 - Jun 15 with 3883 viewsArnieM

I stopped reading it after “ my norwich mate......”

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 18:23 - Jun 15 with 3720 viewsfarkenhell

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 15:10 - Jun 15 by ArnieM

Tis a bit like "Milosevic" and "must score". Words that shouldn't appear together in the same sentence.

(Gary Lineker quote)
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 18:46 - Jun 15 with 3700 viewsbackwaywhen

Genuine friend through work , had banter for last 24 years .... and yes a real mate !
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 22:41 - Jun 15 with 3497 viewsStewart27

I stopped believing it after “sent me an email”.
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 23:51 - Jun 15 with 3406 viewsFramfarmer

your Nodge mates won't be laughing that much when they lose every week in the premier league, starting with away at Liverpool, finishing away at Man City. They'll be envious of us winning matches every week.
:)
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 00:03 - Jun 16 with 3396 viewsCheltenham_Blue

You had me convinced until you said "..... thoughts ...."

Now its clear this is made up, you don't have any friends, especially Nodge ones.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 02:28 - Jun 16 with 3334 viewsSuperblue95

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 16:56 - Jun 14 by wkj

You've got sh*t mates

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 02:35 - Jun 16 with 3330 viewsSuperblue95

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 13:18 - Jun 15 by BlueNomad

Nodge fans can look forward to weekly thrashings next season so this competition might be their only hope. Then we might be equals again in 20/21. Let him float now and refer back in the future

They won’t win anything but (and this may accumulate a few down arrows) I predict they will finish comfortably clear of relegation and reach at least a quarter final in a cup

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 08:35 - Jun 16 with 3229 viewsDanny_G

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 09:54 - Jun 15 by PhilTWTD

Looking at the teams who have entered U21 sides into the competition this season, might Norwich end up in the north rather than south section anyway? Lot of London clubs, other southern sides and Norwich is more north than Birmingham and Wolverhampton.

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/june/liverpool-and-manchester-united-u21s-confirme

This post has been edited by an administrator

I suppose so, though it might make sense for west midlands teams to be kept together and Norwich put with the Anglian teams.

Another thing we can say with some certainty is that, if we are grouped with Colchester and Southend, we’ll be playing Southend at home and Colchester away. As Colchester were at home to Southend last year, the rule (which I assume they’ll be keeping for 2019/20) is that they have to play them away this year. This means their home match, other than the guaranteed u21 game, has to be against us.
My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 09:51 - Jun 16 with 3148 viewsbackwaywhen

My Nodge mate has just emailed me .... on 00:03 - Jun 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

You had me convinced until you said "..... thoughts ...."

Now its clear this is made up, you don't have any friends, especially Nodge ones.

Your really funny my friend ......😁😁😁😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024