Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Life through JC's eyes..... 12:05 - Jun 15 with 25552 viewshampstead_blue

Even when caught on camera JC wants to support his mates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48645280

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:09 - Jun 16 with 1692 viewsSpruceMoose

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:03 - Jun 16 by BrixtonBlue

As I've said before, blaming Corbyn for Brexit is like blaming the fireman for the fire.

Hardly! Blaming Corbyn for Brexit is like blaming the best mate of the arsonist who stood by and said nothing while petrol and matches were chucked around, and then didn't call the fire brigade when the fire got started as he wanted the house to burn down (while telling the home owners he might phone in a bit).

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:26 - Jun 16 with 1670 viewsBluesquid

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:08 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

"Nothing to worry about now re dodgy intelligence, not on your nelly!
Not now we've got a member of the coalition responsible for systematically destroying the country and people of Yemen providing "evidence".

I don't agree with virtually anything the Saudi's do but this is very one sided. Where is the condemnation for the Iranians supplying the houthis with missiles and weapons in order to attack the Saudis and prolong the fighting in Yemen? In fact their supplying of those groups was what started the fighting in Yemen wasn't it? You seem to see a lot from only one side and seem to really dislike the west. You stick the boot in every time you can whilst you seem to give other regimes a totally free pass.

I've asked numerous times - why is that?

As Elder pointed out, you literally have no idea how many plots and attacks have been averted by the intelligence forces, you just like to stick the boot in wherever you can. Sometimes it's legitimate but you literally give them no credit for anything.

SB
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 15:10]

We were discussing intelligence failures, i'd be happy to discuss the conflict in Yemen if you'd like to start a thread.

You say that i keep bringing up historical incidents so let's look at the present day then shall we?

EG stated that the UAE have presented evidence, do you trust the UAE?
Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:28 - Jun 16 with 1660 viewsNo9

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:09 - Jun 16 by SpruceMoose

Hardly! Blaming Corbyn for Brexit is like blaming the best mate of the arsonist who stood by and said nothing while petrol and matches were chucked around, and then didn't call the fire brigade when the fire got started as he wanted the house to burn down (while telling the home owners he might phone in a bit).

In much the same way as some people think the leader of HMLO has as much power as the so called leader of the Free World?
Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:34 - Jun 16 with 1649 viewsBrixtonBlue

Corbyn is best mates with David Cameron?!

Actually, my analogy went too far. But Corbyn's lack of movement isn't why we have Brexit. It's the people who started it and the lies that kept it going. With hindsight, I'm not sure anyone could've done anything to stop it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:37 - Jun 16 with 1641 viewsNo9

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:34 - Jun 16 by BrixtonBlue

Actually, my analogy went too far. But Corbyn's lack of movement isn't why we have Brexit. It's the people who started it and the lies that kept it going. With hindsight, I'm not sure anyone could've done anything to stop it.

Brexit was on the cards the moment Mr Cameron became leader of the tory party.
It may not have gone the way it was desired but actions speak louder than words he & Pickles planned this from the start.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:41 - Jun 16 with 1632 viewsDarth_Koont

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:34 - Jun 16 by BrixtonBlue

Also seems that people are now compressing the last three or four months to represent the last three years. It's only in this period that there's been a hardening of Remain resolve within the Labour Party and indeed across the country.

Before that, Remainers were saying we must respect the vote and deliver Brexit or at least have a People's vote on the deal. Corbyn may be too passive on this but now he's at a position he'd have been attacked for 12 months ago - and probably by many of the same people who are attacking him now.

Pronouns: He/Him

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:50 - Jun 16 with 1614 viewsStokieBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:26 - Jun 16 by Bluesquid

We were discussing intelligence failures, i'd be happy to discuss the conflict in Yemen if you'd like to start a thread.

You say that i keep bringing up historical incidents so let's look at the present day then shall we?

EG stated that the UAE have presented evidence, do you trust the UAE?

See this is entirely the problem I have with your line of reasoning. Trust shouldn't trump good factual evidence.

I've not see the UAE evidence (has someone posted it?). However the question shouldn't be "do you trust the UAE?", the question should be regarding whether the evidence itself is good and reliable.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:01 - Jun 16 with 1550 viewsBluesquid

Life through JC's eyes..... on 15:50 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

See this is entirely the problem I have with your line of reasoning. Trust shouldn't trump good factual evidence.

I've not see the UAE evidence (has someone posted it?). However the question shouldn't be "do you trust the UAE?", the question should be regarding whether the evidence itself is good and reliable.

SB

Can you not see the problem here?

The "evidence" hasn't been made public and therefore we have to just trust them, which is why i aked my question.

[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 17:24]
Login to get fewer ads

Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:23 - Jun 16 with 1525 viewsStokieBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:01 - Jun 16 by Bluesquid

Can you not see the problem here?

The "evidence" hasn't been made public and therefore we have to just trust them, which is why i aked my question.

[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 17:24]

Yes.

I've already said it should, multiple times. Everything should be judged on it's merit.

As for evidence not being made public, there could be reasons for that. I don't believe the public should be privy to all intelligence information do you?

SB

Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:28 - Jun 16 with 1518 viewsBluesquid

Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:23 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

Yes.

I've already said it should, multiple times. Everything should be judged on it's merit.

As for evidence not being made public, there could be reasons for that. I don't believe the public should be privy to all intelligence information do you?

SB

To justify military action, yes, without a doubt.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:49 - Jun 16 with 1492 viewsROKERITE

Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:28 - Jun 16 by Bluesquid

Our enemies would love someone like you in charge. Our friends --- well soon we wouldn't have any.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:04 - Jun 16 with 1473 viewsStokieBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 17:28 - Jun 16 by Bluesquid

What if that compromises a network and leads to the death of operatives who provided that information?

It totally depends on each independent scenario. If it's safe to provide the information then they should.

It's simply not your right to know in all circumstances. I know you think it is but that's not really how it should work.

SB

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:15 - Jun 16 with 1460 viewsChurchman

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:04 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

What if that compromises a network and leads to the death of operatives who provided that information?

It totally depends on each independent scenario. If it's safe to provide the information then they should.

It's simply not your right to know in all circumstances. I know you think it is but that's not really how it should work.

SB

There is some information that cannot be in the public arena without risking people’s lives. You are totally correct.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:23 - Jun 16 with 1448 viewsChurchman

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:15 - Jun 16 by Churchman

There is some information that cannot be in the public arena without risking people’s lives. You are totally correct.

I would add that an elected government should be free to make decisions it sees fit without necessarily consulting the public. But it should be held accountable for its actions afterwards including, if it goes to war without evidence.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:36 - Jun 16 with 1430 viewsBluesquid

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:04 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

SB

Well if evidence is not made public then we are back to trust alone then aren't we?

Which is exactly why i asked my question because the UAE's "evidence" that EG cited has not been made public.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:42 - Jun 16 with 1415 viewsStokieBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:36 - Jun 16 by Bluesquid

Well if evidence is not made public then we are back to trust alone then aren't we?

Which is exactly why i asked my question because the UAE's "evidence" that EG cited has not been made public.

You aren't trusting the UAE you're trusting your governments interpretation. If it's safe to do so I'm sure it'll be made public. If it's not and later turns out to be wrong there could be recourse then.

You honestly think all intelligence should be public? I can't agree with the position.

SB

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:43 - Jun 16 with 1410 viewsSpruceMoose

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:42 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

You aren't trusting the UAE you're trusting your governments interpretation. If it's safe to do so I'm sure it'll be made public. If it's not and later turns out to be wrong there could be recourse then.

You honestly think all intelligence should be public? I can't agree with the position.

SB

Surely if it is all public it ceases to be intelligence and is Instead news...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:46 - Jun 16 with 1408 viewsBluesquid

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:42 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

SB

I don't trust the Conservative party.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:52 - Jun 16 with 1397 viewsChurchman

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:46 - Jun 16 by Bluesquid

I don't trust the Conservative party.

Then if they are found to have lied, hold them to account in the ballot box. Until then let people do their jobs. The problem is when governments and people like Blair are not held to account afterwards.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:54 - Jun 16 with 1392 viewsBluesquid

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:52 - Jun 16 by Churchman

Then if they are found to have lied, hold them to account in the ballot box. Until then let people do their jobs. The problem is when governments and people like Blair are not held to account afterwards.

And why do you think that is? That Blair has not been held to account?
Life through JC's eyes..... on 19:00 - Jun 16 with 1386 viewsDarth_Koont

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:52 - Jun 16 by Churchman

Surely, when they've lied, bungled and basically misinterpreted information for years for their own ends you start to hold them to account before they go and make another mess?

Given the hawkish attitude towards Iran from Trump, Bolton, Netanyahu et al it seems fair to expect more than just evidence but something approaching proof.

The French and Germans aren't convinced so not sure why we're so eager.

Pronouns: He/Him

Life through JC's eyes..... on 19:20 - Jun 16 with 1367 viewsBrixtonBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 11:54 - Jun 16 by noggin

Forget the evidence, let's just bomb some democracy into those bloody arabs innit.

I see Glassers is still swerving these questions.

Once a swerver, always a swerver.

Reminds me of Michael Howard in front of Jeremy Paxman.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Life through JC's eyes..... on 19:26 - Jun 16 with 1360 viewsBluefish

I wouldn't waste your breath on dolly, you can argue anything in the world but dolly will oppose it to his dying breath because that is what the students are doing. Forget following politics or having a clue, he wants to be part of what the students are doing regardless of his age.

I expect a flashing red light for this.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Life through JC's eyes..... on 20:10 - Jun 16 with 1328 viewsChurchman

Life through JC's eyes..... on 18:54 - Jun 16 by Bluesquid

And why do you think that is? That Blair has not been held to account?

I wish I knew. I just know that if politicians were held accountable (e.g. Cameron and Brexit), they might make better decisions. At the moment, many of all persuasions seem to treat it as a means of filling their boots in office (expenses) and after they ship out (books, House of Lords, lecture circuit etc). Awful people.
Life through JC's eyes..... on 20:55 - Jun 16 with 1304 viewsBrixtonBlue

Life through JC's eyes..... on 19:26 - Jun 16 by Bluefish

I wouldn't waste your breath on dolly, you can argue anything in the world but dolly will oppose it to his dying breath because that is what the students are doing. Forget following politics or having a clue, he wants to be part of what the students are doing regardless of his age.

I expect a flashing red light for this.

Why do you bother mate? It's just silly and unnecessary.

I wish you no ill will though.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 20:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024