Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just one question 08:50 - Jun 17 with 3334 viewsBlueNomad

Members of the Tory Party should ask themselves one thing - is Johnson the sort of person I would want to see get a promotion at work? Is he the sort of boss I would want to work for? If no then how the hell could they want him to be promoted to leader of the country!
Just one question on 13:22 - Jun 17 with 371 viewsBigManBlue

I'm of an age where my first vivid memory of Tory politics was Double D being thrown over in 2005(?), despite his obvious appeal to the party faithful, because it was eminently obvious that Cameron, and not him, was the person likely to win them an election.

Don't know where I'm going with this other than... I really hoped that something similar would happen this time! Not looking likely now though. In my cheerier moments I imagine that, at least if he does b*gger everything up royally, it'll be end of the Tories and BoJo as we know them.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Just one question on 16:06 - Jun 17 with 316 viewsWeWereZombies

Just one question on 12:45 - Jun 17 by gordon

Not quite sure how changing the Mayor makes less people die on roads! Think that decline is mirrored nationally, and related to modern cars having better safety features. To be meaningful any statistics like that have to be related to specific policies and compared to data from other similar cities.

So you think that the traffic in London has improved since 2004? I was being slightly facetious in suggesting that the volume of traffic resulting in slower traffic means fewer accidents. As you say there are more safety features in cars every year, also London seems to get a younger demographic all the time and there is an inevitable uptake of awareness in pedestrians and road users. Road fatalities may have fallen but cyclist deaths are on the increase:

https://fullfact.org/news/sixth-cyclist-killed-londons-roads-fortnight-should-we

https://visionzerolondon.wordpress.com/latest-pedestrians-and-cyclists-deaths-in

Johnson was Mayor from 4th May, 2008...
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 16:38]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024