Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy 08:57 - Jun 17 with 4902 viewsGlasgowBlue

Cull the elderly

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 15:03 - Jun 17 with 1074 viewsGlasgowBlue

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 13:28 - Jun 17 by Steve_M

At least that one was accidental, this is pathetic:

Thankfully there is one candidate with some decency

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 15:34 - Jun 17 with 1040 viewsGeoffSentence

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 13:20 - Jun 17 by Herbivore

Think it'd have to be a blanket thing to euthanise everyone over, say, 75 or 80. A hefty cull initially but then a steady stream as people have their 75th or 80th birthday.

I'd make it more voluntary than that, I would ask who believed in an after-life. Those who say yes are eligible for the cull program. Everybody should be happy. The after-life people get to go and enjoy it sharpish, everybody else gets to hang about on good old planet Earth.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 15:34]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 15:38 - Jun 17 with 1024 viewsHerbivore

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 15:34 - Jun 17 by GeoffSentence

I'd make it more voluntary than that, I would ask who believed in an after-life. Those who say yes are eligible for the cull program. Everybody should be happy. The after-life people get to go and enjoy it sharpish, everybody else gets to hang about on good old planet Earth.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 15:34]

Not a bad shout that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 15:39 - Jun 17 with 1031 viewsSteve_M

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 15:03 - Jun 17 by GlasgowBlue

Thankfully there is one candidate with some decency

Javid has criticised Trump, albeit mildly, too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 16:08 - Jun 17 with 992 viewschicoazul

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 15:39 - Jun 17 by Steve_M

Javid has criticised Trump, albeit mildly, too.

And didnt get an invite to Trump's state visit as a consequence.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 16:14 - Jun 17 with 982 viewsSteve_M

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 16:08 - Jun 17 by chicoazul

And didnt get an invite to Trump's state visit as a consequence.

No, he criticised Trump today. It must have been for some other reason that he wasn't invited then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 16:17 - Jun 17 with 974 viewsDubtractor

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 16:14 - Jun 17 by Steve_M

No, he criticised Trump today. It must have been for some other reason that he wasn't invited then.

What reasons might there be?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 16:21 - Jun 17 with 967 viewschicoazul

Sorry beg your pardon, I meant in the recent past!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 16:21 - Jun 17 with 966 viewsbritbiker

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 13:28 - Jun 17 by footers

I'm sorry if this is a sensitive question, no need to answer of course, but I have always wondered what actually happens if you decline treatment.

Having seen many family members become unrecognisable through chemo etc, it's certainly something I'd consider.

But, medical bods and others, what happens if you choose not to go through with cancer treatments?

My mum was always glamorous so the thought of losing her hair and being sick through chemotherapy was a non runner especially as it wasnt a form of cancer that would be cured by treatment.

She was given approximately six months and she was determined to go to her granddaughter's wedding which was five months away. We spent last summer taking her on trips. She was independent and didn't show she was in pain but she wasn't able to eat so she lost all her weight.

NHS put a mesh in her throat to help her swallow and kept her medicated to try to stop stomach acids etc. They sent nurses round every night to check on her but she wouldn't allow any other medical visits.

She made the wedding and went downhill immediately. She could only eat a couple of biscuits and no hot drinks.

The day she agreed to go to the Hospice (which didn't happen), was the day we knew she had given up. In the hospital they start medicating with a no resuscitation rule.

You don't realise this is the doctors way of easing them to final death, but I was aware of it having gone through the same unwittingly with dad a year earlier.

I had a bizarre conversation with the doctor the night before she passed who said she may last another month which was complete nonsense as she wasn't eating or drinking and at that time caughing up blood. I was lucky that I was with her when she passed and fortunately it was quick.

I feel sorry for anyone who has no relatives to look out for them in hospital as I love the NHS but the palative treatment is very dis jointed. Most of the nurses are good but they don't have time to sit with patients to ensure they eat and drink. Dad was almost blind and couldn't hear without hearing aids. These unfortunately got lost in his bedsheets when he fell asleep. He then started missing meals as he couldn't hear the nurses or locate his food. We made suee we were there everynight to feed him. Sadly others were not as lucky.
Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 17:50 - Jun 17 with 921 viewsJ2BLUE

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 14:18 - Jun 17 by No9

I'm 75 next birthday, I'm sure my family would have something to say if you wanted me topped.
Have you thought this through?

Maybe stop people having too many children?
etc. etc. etc.

"what took you so long?"

"when can you take him?"

etc?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 17:57 - Jun 17 with 911 viewssparks

Was alarmed to hear him backing Trump over Khan.

Seriously....

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 18:00 - Jun 17 with 902 viewsWeWereZombies

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 14:18 - Jun 17 by No9

I'm 75 next birthday, I'm sure my family would have something to say if you wanted me topped.
Have you thought this through?

Maybe stop people having too many children?
etc. etc. etc.

I have always looked to Compay Segundo of the Buena Vista Social Club for solace about my later years, here is a paragraph from his obituary in The Sunday Telegraph (and might also be remembered from the Wim Wenders film):

"As long as blood runs in my body, I'm going to love women," he proclaimed. "One night of romance. . . Oh, that has no price. No price at all. And I haven't forgotten how. At my 90 years, I have five children. But right now I'm working on the sixth."

Not sure if my family are too happy about that attitude though...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 21:37 - Jun 17 with 851 viewsBlueBadger

Wasn't it still Ramadan?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jeremy Hunt’s radical new policy on 21:45 - Jun 17 with 847 viewsSwansea_Blue

So he actually HAS got a solution to Brexit then

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024