Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen 09:27 - Jun 17 with 3201 viewstractordownsouth

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-714584

I appreciate it’s the Mail but it’s been reported on a number of other websites....£12m for a full back who’s never played above League One!?!?
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 9:30]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:32 - Jun 17 with 3119 viewsGeoffSentence

We missed a trick letting Jordan Spence's contract run down.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:36 - Jun 17 with 3094 viewsSuperblue95

Nah the maddest transfer fee I have ever seen is the 8 Million Reading paid for Sone Aluko a couple of years ago. First of all what were Reading doing with that kind of money and second of all why spend it on somebody as crap as Aluko.

Still boggles my mind to this day

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:36 - Jun 17 with 3090 viewsCoco

More so than Vinicus Junior? 39m for a player who hadn’t even kicked a first team football.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:39 - Jun 17 with 3070 viewsrickw

I thought they were mad a year ago spending 12.5m on Danny Ward, at least he'd had a season on loan in the Championship!!

On a positive note, if we're successful next season and a Premier League team poaches one of our youngsters then the going rate is higher than I thought!!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:44 - Jun 17 with 3032 viewsGeoffSentence

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:32 - Jun 17 by GeoffSentence

We missed a trick letting Jordan Spence's contract run down.

No fee involved for this one, so doesn't really fit with your OP, but the maddest transfer of all time must be Ali Dia at Southampton

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/22/ali-dia-story-20-years-on-south

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:58 - Jun 17 with 2965 viewsOwainG1992

I actually think it would be good business for Leicester.
It's pretty low risk when you think how much money they get in the prem now.
Who's to say in a couple years time they are getting bids of 40 mill plus for him?

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 10:12 - Jun 17 with 2875 viewsHalf_Idiot

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:58 - Jun 17 by OwainG1992

Who's to say in a couple years time they are getting bids of 40 mill plus for him?

But the alternative is that he's a complete flop and he ends up getting released or sold for barely anything back to a lower league club
This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 10:25 - Jun 17 with 2809 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 10:12 - Jun 17 by Half_Idiot

But the alternative is that he's a complete flop and he ends up getting released or sold for barely anything back to a lower league club

Doubt it, even if he never plays a game for them they’d probably be able to sell him in a couple of years for £5m+ based on potential, so fairly low risk really

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 11:01 - Jun 17 with 2684 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:58 - Jun 17 by OwainG1992

Re your last line, you could justify ANY transaction with that statement.

I suspect it's not 12m up front.

I guess most of Leicesters best players over the last few years have come from lower leagues at cheap prices, and they are trying to cut out the middle man to get them early.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 11:04 - Jun 17 with 2670 viewsLeoMuff

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:36 - Jun 17 by Coco

More so than Vinicus Junior? 39m for a player who hadn’t even kicked a first team football.

Was in Madrid this year and he has probably raised that in shirt sales alone, loads of fans with his name on their back, opinion seem to be he was one bright spark in a season of very few.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 11:14 - Jun 17 with 2600 viewsNazemariner

The games fooked!

The sooner SKY TV withdraws from football, and the inevitable collapse of many clubs happens, the better it will be for the game as a whole.
This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 11:19 - Jun 17 with 2582 viewsWeWereZombies

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 10:12 - Jun 17 by Half_Idiot

Nah, Nodge will probably pay a couple of million...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 11:52 - Jun 17 with 2470 viewsTractorCam

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:36 - Jun 17 by Coco

At the time, now he's valued at 100m+. Very good business.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 21:54 - Jun 17 with 1914 viewsfarkenhell

This has got to be the maddest transfer fee I’ve ever seen on 09:39 - Jun 17 by rickw

I thought they were mad a year ago spending 12.5m on Danny Ward, at least he'd had a season on loan in the Championship!!

On a positive note, if we're successful next season and a Premier League team poaches one of our youngsters then the going rate is higher than I thought!!

Going rate? Come on, this is Ipswich you're talking about. Move the decimal point to the left!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024