Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a time to be alive 14:10 - Jun 17 with 1381 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Trump as President, Boris as Prime Minister.

It is something when comedy actors like Kevin James playing a ridiculous, goofy version of the President in Pixels, alongside Adam Sandler or Hugh Grant getting off with Tiffany from EastEnders appear more competent and realistic than the actual President or Prime Minister.

All we need know is Johnny English in charge of M15. Was dear old Frank Drebbin alive he'd probably be the National Security Advisor.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

What a time to be alive on 16:17 - Jun 17 with 1303 viewsIllinoisblue

how many kids does Boris have? Saw something on twitter earlier; apparently it's a thing that he won't confirm. 4? 5? 6? I guess you could say on the one hand it's his own personal business and it's nothing to do with anybody else.

On the other hand you could say a man who won't admit to being a father is morally bankrupt, a charlatan, a disgrace and someone clearly not fit to govern his own affairs let alone the country's.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What a time to be alive on 16:30 - Jun 17 with 1293 viewsbaxterbasics

What a time to be alive on 16:17 - Jun 17 by Illinoisblue

how many kids does Boris have? Saw something on twitter earlier; apparently it's a thing that he won't confirm. 4? 5? 6? I guess you could say on the one hand it's his own personal business and it's nothing to do with anybody else.

On the other hand you could say a man who won't admit to being a father is morally bankrupt, a charlatan, a disgrace and someone clearly not fit to govern his own affairs let alone the country's.

For me there are two reasons you might support a candidate.

There are those you like personally, are 'morally good' in your eyes, and so you overlook the fact you aren't keen on some of their political positions.

Or you think they have the best political positions even though they are a bit of a scumbag.

It's pretty rare to find someone who ticks both boxes.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

What a time to be alive on 16:38 - Jun 17 with 1274 viewsIllinoisblue

What a time to be alive on 16:30 - Jun 17 by baxterbasics

For me there are two reasons you might support a candidate.

There are those you like personally, are 'morally good' in your eyes, and so you overlook the fact you aren't keen on some of their political positions.

Or you think they have the best political positions even though they are a bit of a scumbag.

It's pretty rare to find someone who ticks both boxes.

I don't think anybody expects perfection from a politician. Minor drug/drink silliness from years ago I really don't care about. But it all starts with honesty. For Boris and his number of kids... see Trump with his tax returns. They will sit there all day long and tell lies.

62 - 78 - 81

What a time to be alive on 16:53 - Jun 17 with 1252 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What a time to be alive on 16:38 - Jun 17 by Illinoisblue

I don't think anybody expects perfection from a politician. Minor drug/drink silliness from years ago I really don't care about. But it all starts with honesty. For Boris and his number of kids... see Trump with his tax returns. They will sit there all day long and tell lies.

My son has been learning all about democracy at school and they were split into teams, allowed to create some 'election pledges' for things they believed they could make happen at school and there was then a vote.

My son's team suggested that kids were able to volunteer to help litter pick in exchange for an additional form point, something they could benefit from and the school could benefit from.

Another team suggested permanent dress down days and ice cream on the lunch menu every day.

Guess which team won.

Surprisingly they have not been able to deliver on any of their promises, but they were voted in by those silly enough to think it could happen.

He's learned as much about British politics as he probably needs to know!

What a time to be alive on 16:56 - Jun 17 with 1242 viewsIllinoisblue

What a time to be alive on 16:53 - Jun 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

My son has been learning all about democracy at school and they were split into teams, allowed to create some 'election pledges' for things they believed they could make happen at school and there was then a vote.

My son's team suggested that kids were able to volunteer to help litter pick in exchange for an additional form point, something they could benefit from and the school could benefit from.

Another team suggested permanent dress down days and ice cream on the lunch menu every day.

Guess which team won.

Surprisingly they have not been able to deliver on any of their promises, but they were voted in by those silly enough to think it could happen.

yep, the kids have pretty much nailed it there!

62 - 78 - 81

What a time to be alive on 16:59 - Jun 17 with 1236 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

What a time to be alive on 16:56 - Jun 17 by Illinoisblue

yep, the kids have pretty much nailed it there!

Absolutely.

The kids 'in power' got there by promising something they couldn't deliver. There is no ice cream. No dressing down. Instead, the opportunity to do something positive was lost because nobody bothered voting for the less exciting, more realistic option that would have done some small good.

Nailed it as you say.

What a time to be alive on 17:59 - Jun 17 with 1178 viewsTangledupin_Blue

What a time to be alive on 16:59 - Jun 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Absolutely.

The kids 'in power' got there by promising something they couldn't deliver. There is no ice cream. No dressing down. Instead, the opportunity to do something positive was lost because nobody bothered voting for the less exciting, more realistic option that would have done some small good.

Nailed it as you say.

So Johnson, by flagging up the possibility of increasing the higher rate tax threshold to £80,000, is appealing to the 160,000 party members many of whom, one supposes, would benefit directly.

Democracy at work...
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 18:04]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

What a time to be alive on 18:36 - Jun 17 with 1142 viewsFtnfwest

What a time to be alive on 16:53 - Jun 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Guess which team won.

Labour tried that in the last election and still lost
Login to get fewer ads

What a time to be alive on 20:46 - Jun 17 with 1069 viewsBlueBadger

What a time to be alive on 18:36 - Jun 17 by Ftnfwest

How's that strength and stability the Tory party promised us getting on?
[Post edited 17 Jun 2019 20:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What a time to be alive on 22:19 - Jun 17 with 1024 viewsgazzer1999

What a time to be alive on 18:36 - Jun 17 by Ftnfwest

Ha Ha, you mean like Corbyn told all the young people he was going to write off their student depts. Like that was going to happen, never mind a lot of stupid young people believed him.
What a time to be alive on 08:33 - Jun 18 with 929 viewsBigManBlue

What a time to be alive on 22:19 - Jun 17 by gazzer1999

Ha Ha, you mean like Corbyn told all the young people he was going to write off their student depts. Like that was going to happen, never mind a lot of stupid young people believed him.

Genuine question, should they have voted for the party that offered them very little instead? I don't remember much in the last Conservative manifesto likely to appeal to the under 30 demographic.

Much in the same way I wouldn't mock older people for having voting Tory, thinking that they would deliver Brexit in the way they wanted whilst protecting the housing market and cutting tax for high earners.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024