Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Lampard's Derby might need re-naming 19:39 - Jun 17 with 1362 viewsFixed_It

Difficult to know whether he should go to Chelsea at this stage of his career or not. Too big an opportunity to turn down? Too early?
Think we have to remember that Derby scraping into the play-offs was largely down to his loanees. Mainly from Chelsea. But good luck to him if he does go there - seems a decent bloke.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Frank Lampard's Derby might need re-naming on 19:42 - Jun 17 with 1348 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He should 100% take it.

The way football management is, you cant choose the timing.

He could be 8th in the Champ in Dec and facing the sack.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Frank Lampard's Derby might need re-naming on 21:31 - Jun 17 with 1223 viewsNazemariner

It's a match made in heaven is it not?
Frank Lampard's Derby might need re-naming on 00:21 - Jun 18 with 1132 viewsstonojnr

Frank Lampard's Derby might need re-naming on 19:42 - Jun 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

He should 100% take it.

The way football management is, you cant choose the timing.

He could be 8th in the Champ in Dec and facing the sack.

and he could be 8th in the Premiership and facing the sack by Dec, Sarri hardly did a bad job, they finished 3rd, won the UEFA cup, and Chelsea fans are more than happy he's left, so what theyll give him more time just because he's Frank.

for as long as he stays in management, Frank will always have an opportunity to manage Chelsea, but wont get a repeat chance to go back if it goes wrong.

for me its too much like Curbishley and West Ham, its the dream job, but its not the right moment
(No subject) (n/t) (n/t) on 08:47 - Jun 18 with 982 viewsStewart27

[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 8:48]
Frank Lampard's Derby might need re-naming on 08:48 - Jun 18 with 977 viewsHerbivore

He's not earned it but he should definitely take it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Frank Lampard's Derby might need re-naming on 09:00 - Jun 18 with 963 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’d have a lot more respect for FL if he said that although honoured to be approached, it was too soon in hi managerial career to make such a big step up and that he will honour his contract with Derby.

That said, it’s an chance that may never come up again and a poor start to next season could see Derby sack him by Christmas.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Frank Lampard's Derby might need re-naming on 09:03 - Jun 18 with 954 viewsBigManBlue

Frank Lampard's Derby might need re-naming on 09:00 - Jun 18 by GlasgowBlue

I’d have a lot more respect for FL if he said that although honoured to be approached, it was too soon in hi managerial career to make such a big step up and that he will honour his contract with Derby.

That said, it’s an chance that may never come up again and a poor start to next season could see Derby sack him by Christmas.

See your point, though I wonder if he'll see the transfer ban as a rather unique golden ticket to have time to build and learn that he wouldn't necessarily expect to get at a top club again.

Always thought he seems like a good bloke, hope he does well whatever he chooses.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024