Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The VAR farce continues 21:35 - Jun 17 with 5930 viewsBent_double

Penalty to France (it wasn't)

France miss penalty.

Give France a second chance as keeper moved .000001 second before ball was kicked.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

The VAR farce continues on 21:38 - Jun 17 with 3645 viewschristiand

So the French striker got kicked from behind by the Nigerian defender nowhere near the ball, that’s not a penalty? Wow!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The VAR farce continues on 21:39 - Jun 17 with 3640 viewsJubba1975

I genuinely can not believe that decision, and the keeper was booked!
The VAR farce continues on 21:41 - Jun 17 with 3626 viewschristiand

The VAR farce continues on 21:39 - Jun 17 by Jubba1975

Anywhere else on the pitch that’s a free-kick, shouldn’t make any difference that it occurred in the penalty area.

The VAR farce continues on 21:43 - Jun 17 with 3613 viewsJ2BLUE

It was a penalty.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The VAR farce continues on 21:44 - Jun 17 with 3611 viewsN2_Blue

Football is dead.
If both those decisions had been made in men’s World Cup if would be talked about for weeks. The retake decision is probably the most ridiculous decision I’ve ever seen. I wouldn’t agree with it even if the keeper saved it, but to book her and order a retake for coming off her line when she didn’t even save it is just a total joke.

VAR is killing football in so many ways.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The VAR farce continues on 21:48 - Jun 17 with 3597 viewschristiand

The VAR farce continues on 21:44 - Jun 17 by N2_Blue

Football is dead.
If both those decisions had been made in men’s World Cup if would be talked about for weeks. The retake decision is probably the most ridiculous decision I’ve ever seen. I wouldn’t agree with it even if the keeper saved it, but to book her and order a retake for coming off her line when she didn’t even save it is just a total joke.

VAR is killing football in so many ways.

Mind you when keepers have made a save 3 or 4 yards off their line that’s encroaching the rules and they’ve got away with it in the past. It’s a tough one, it’s difficult enough for keepers to make the save from a penalty, perhaps they’ll have to think about their set positions to make sure they have one foot on the line prior to the penalty being taken?

The VAR farce continues on 21:49 - Jun 17 with 3588 viewsEastTownBlue

Slow motion freeze frames of where the keeper's feet at the time the ball is struck is obviously where VAR is going to take us.

The law is that the keeper is cautioned. A retake has to be punishment enough surely ?
The VAR farce continues on 21:52 - Jun 17 with 3567 viewschristiand

The VAR farce continues on 21:49 - Jun 17 by EastTownBlue

Slow motion freeze frames of where the keeper's feet at the time the ball is struck is obviously where VAR is going to take us.

The law is that the keeper is cautioned. A retake has to be punishment enough surely ?

A booking is very harsh.

Login to get fewer ads

The VAR farce continues on 21:52 - Jun 17 with 3572 viewsTrequartista

The VAR farce continues on 21:49 - Jun 17 by EastTownBlue

It is the inconsistency of VAR that cannot ever be rectified unless the entire game is controlled by instant computer decisions. How can you penalise a keeper stepping off a line when encroachment of players is ignored? How can you rule an offside is correct by a millimetre if a substitute warming up has a foot on the pitch at the same time and this is ignored?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

The VAR farce continues on 21:53 - Jun 17 with 3560 viewsNazemariner

Football is supposed to be a spectator sport, and VAR detracts from that. It almost doesn't matter if it is the right or wrong decision as its part of the experience of watching football.

I say ditch VAR. Goal line technology is all you need.

Sadly i think its here to stay though.
The VAR farce continues on 21:55 - Jun 17 with 3546 viewschristiand

The VAR farce continues on 21:52 - Jun 17 by Trequartista

It is the inconsistency of VAR that cannot ever be rectified unless the entire game is controlled by instant computer decisions. How can you penalise a keeper stepping off a line when encroachment of players is ignored? How can you rule an offside is correct by a millimetre if a substitute warming up has a foot on the pitch at the same time and this is ignored?

So the assistant referees don’t do a bad job after all? Don’t moan about any decisions that go against us next season through poor decisions by the officials then. We won’t have the luxury of VAR in lowly League One!

The VAR farce continues on 21:56 - Jun 17 with 3543 viewsJubba1975

The VAR farce continues on 21:41 - Jun 17 by christiand

Anywhere else on the pitch that’s a free-kick, shouldn’t make any difference that it occurred in the penalty area.

The keeper didn't foul the player, just stepped off her line for the penalty! I question that booking, and if that's what VAR is for than next season there is going to be a lot of retakes.
The VAR farce continues on 21:59 - Jun 17 with 3518 viewschristiand

The VAR farce continues on 21:56 - Jun 17 by Jubba1975

The keeper didn't foul the player, just stepped off her line for the penalty! I question that booking, and if that's what VAR is for than next season there is going to be a lot of retakes.

My point was the kick on the back of the leg for the initial penalty decision.

The VAR farce continues on 22:00 - Jun 17 with 3518 viewsRadlett_blue

Or...goalkeepers will change their behaviour and play by the laws of the game, which require them to stay on their line.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The VAR farce continues on 22:00 - Jun 17 with 3517 viewsWD19

Nah, there won’t be. FIFA have no interest in influencing whether Everton win away at Southampton or not.
The VAR farce continues on 22:02 - Jun 17 with 3495 viewsTrequartista

The VAR farce continues on 21:55 - Jun 17 by christiand

So the assistant referees don’t do a bad job after all? Don’t moan about any decisions that go against us next season through poor decisions by the officials then. We won’t have the luxury of VAR in lowly League One!

Well they do their best, and until the day arrives when every decision is instantly made by a computer, that's the only consistent way of refereeing a game.

The VAR farce continues on 22:04 - Jun 17 with 3480 viewssundaze

Crazy thing is that the keeper done exactly the same thing on the retake. So she should have had a second yellow card and the penalty should have been retaken again.
The VAR farce continues on 22:06 - Jun 17 with 3473 viewsRonFearonsHair

The VAR farce continues on 21:55 - Jun 17 by christiand

I enjoy moaning at officials, it's part of the pantomime.

I would absolutely dread the day they got everything right.
The VAR farce continues on 22:06 - Jun 17 with 3471 viewschristiand

The VAR farce continues on 22:04 - Jun 17 by sundaze

Crazy thing is that the keeper done exactly the same thing on the retake. So she should have had a second yellow card and the penalty should have been retaken again.

Now that would be farcical! A retake is punishment enough surely?

The VAR farce continues on 22:08 - Jun 17 with 3459 viewschristiand

The VAR farce continues on 22:02 - Jun 17 by Trequartista

Well they do their best, and until the day arrives when every decision is instantly made by a computer, that's the only consistent way of refereeing a game.

The game has too much money at stake for incorrect decisions by human error. VAR is the way forward, but still a few teething issues.

The VAR farce continues on 22:11 - Jun 17 with 3440 viewssundaze

The VAR farce continues on 22:06 - Jun 17 by christiand

Now that would be farcical! A retake is punishment enough surely?

Agreed, but it just shows the inconsistencies regarding the VAR shambles.
It is not stopping the arguments, it is not ready for big games in it's present form.
Cricket has it worked out perfectly and it often takes less time for them to get to a correct decision.
The VAR farce continues on 22:25 - Jun 17 with 3369 viewsTrequartista

The VAR farce continues on 22:08 - Jun 17 by christiand

The game has too much money at stake for incorrect decisions by human error. VAR is the way forward, but still a few teething issues.

The penalty decision is subjective, not objective, so a subjective decision is being replaced by a delayed subjective decision.

The keeper off the line is an objective decision, but on the re-take the France number six has a foot in the penalty area. So that was an incorrect decision that those in charge of VAR chose to ignore, probably to preserve the sanity of all involved.

The VAR farce continues on 22:27 - Jun 17 with 3358 viewsTrequartista

The VAR farce continues on 22:04 - Jun 17 by sundaze

I think, but am not certain, that if a goal is scored, infringements from the defending team are superseded by the goal, and vice versa if a save is made when attackers infringe.

The VAR farce continues on 22:27 - Jun 17 with 3357 viewsEastTownBlue

The VAR farce continues on 22:11 - Jun 17 by sundaze

It is not stopping the arguments, it is not ready for big games in it's present form.
Cricket has it worked out perfectly and it often takes less time for them to get to a correct decision.

Agree about the time.

Yesterday it took a minute to review a penalty incident before advising the referee to have a look at the pitch side monitor. Then another minute after that. It is far too slow.
The VAR farce continues on 22:29 - Jun 17 with 3354 viewsTrequartista

The VAR farce continues on 22:11 - Jun 17 by sundaze

It works in Cricket because Cricket is a different game, not because it is not yet up to speed in Football.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024