Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? 22:24 - Jun 17 with 2435 viewsSE1blue

I know it's League One and the Carabao bloody Cup (only tinpot teams bother winning this...) but as soon as the fixtures are out, I look forward to the season ahead, however poorly we've performed leading up to this point.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 22:33 - Jun 17 with 2405 viewsTractorCam

Of course! Both on the same day is a bonus as well.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 03:56 - Jun 18 with 2305 viewsIllinoisblue

Yep, very much. Mourning period is over. Time to rise up and fooking get stuck in. COYB

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 07:12 - Jun 18 with 2238 viewschristiand

Not especially, think reality will finally kick in at this point!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 08:12 - Jun 18 with 2177 viewsPJH

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 07:12 - Jun 18 by christiand

Not especially, think reality will finally kick in at this point!

That is what I reckon.
Interested yes but excited no.

I think that the only people that should be getting excited about League One fixtures are supporters of teams that were in League Two last season, certainly not supporters of teams that were in The Championship.
Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 08:37 - Jun 18 with 2149 viewsBigManBlue

Course I am - I'd be excited even if it was the Thurlow Nunn Premier! Whilst I appreciate we don't want to be in League 1, it's Ipswich Town and they're my team and I can't wait to get behind them wherever we are and whoever we're playing. No point being embarrassed about it, that's just the nature of sport and actually supporting a proper side.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 08:47 - Jun 18 with 2130 viewsOsborneOneNil

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 08:37 - Jun 18 by BigManBlue

Course I am - I'd be excited even if it was the Thurlow Nunn Premier! Whilst I appreciate we don't want to be in League 1, it's Ipswich Town and they're my team and I can't wait to get behind them wherever we are and whoever we're playing. No point being embarrassed about it, that's just the nature of sport and actually supporting a proper side.

Quite right.
Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 10:15 - Jun 18 with 2075 viewsSitfcB

Always look forward to it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 10:21 - Jun 18 with 2070 viewsskyblue23

I'm just looking forward to some news. Fixtures coming up, then preseason bits, then finally the season begins. I'm literally so so bored!

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 10:30 - Jun 18 with 2054 viewsElephantintheRoom

Genuinely embarrassed about Parlour and Barnes trousering cash for a pointless cup draw in a supermarket. The league fixtures have curiousity value though. Mildly more interesting than yet another championship fixture list that's for sure.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 10:39 - Jun 18 with 2037 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Fixture release day is always a big thing.

And, btw, you denigrate the Carabao Cup but I'd like to see us go for it. Firstly because it is a trophy we have a chance of winning and secondly because a trip to Wembley would be quite a buzz.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 11:07 - Jun 18 with 2003 viewsallezlesbleus

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 08:37 - Jun 18 by BigManBlue

All my Spurs, Man City, Liverpool supporting mates have been lording it over me for the past year or so (well, even more than normal). Us going down has made me see even more how much I love ITFC, regardless of what league we are in. Living in France, I only get to see around 6 - 10 games in the flesh per season, but the pride and passion is there as much as ever. You have to experience the bad times to enjoy the highs. I would 100% rather be a Town fan in our current situation, than a plastic fan who only ever watches his team on tv and never gets to support them in the flesh.

I don't think we will walk League 1 at all...…..in fact, I think top 6 would be a good marker. However, I think with a decent start and especially if Norwood can continue to find the net regularly, then our long lost confidence would quickly return and we could be a force to be reckoned with. As long as we try and play better football, build a team again by promoting youngsters rather than gambling on too many loanees, then I will be happy.

COYBB
Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 12:43 - Jun 18 with 1904 viewsJimmyJazz

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 10:39 - Jun 18 by Tangledupin_Blue

Fixture release day is always a big thing.

And, btw, you denigrate the Carabao Cup but I'd like to see us go for it. Firstly because it is a trophy we have a chance of winning and secondly because a trip to Wembley would be quite a buzz.

A trophy we have a chance of winning??

I know both cups change their names regularly, but are you mixing it up with the Chekatrade Trophy by any chance?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 13:35 - Jun 18 with 1853 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 12:43 - Jun 18 by JimmyJazz

A trophy we have a chance of winning??

I know both cups change their names regularly, but are you mixing it up with the Chekatrade Trophy by any chance?

Yes, I am.

Or, as Facters might say... "Well done; I was wondering who would spot that."

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 14:43 - Jun 18 with 1792 viewsSE1blue

Anyone else genuinely excited about the fixtures being released on Thursday? on 13:35 - Jun 18 by Tangledupin_Blue

Yes, I am.

Or, as Facters might say... "Well done; I was wondering who would spot that."

Oh I agree we should definitely go for the Checkatrade as it's our level now (sadly) and could provide some fun come the spring/summer.

The Carabao cup always strikes me as a tournament for teams outside of the champions league. You can take it seriously as a club outside the Premiership and do really well until the quarters when the big teams start to load their teams with regulars.

I just love all the pre-season stuff and thoughts of us doing well...those are usually short lived.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024