Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's next after VAR? 09:47 - Jun 18 with 1124 viewsBent_double

Assuming we are stuck with VAR, what do we think will come next to 'improve' football to make sure it is 99.99999% accurate, as opposed to just 99.9999%?

I'll go for a full body suit with headgear, that contains thousands of pressure sensors able to measure the force of contact between players, perhaps similar to the 'snickometer' in cricket, so when there is a contentious foul, video can be matched with audio/pressure readings to see how firm/light the contact was.

Or mind-reading - a player will know if they've committed a foul and will be thinking along the lines of 'Oh sh!t, thats a pen', so once the technology is available to read the players thoughts, it could be used to help the ref/VAR people make their decision.

There you go UEFA/FIFA, you can have those for free. Well, actually I'd like a few million for coming up with the ideas please.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

What's next after VAR? on 10:11 - Jun 18 with 1080 viewsFtnfwest

Platini's already had that for not coming up with the idea!
What's next after VAR? on 10:14 - Jun 18 with 1076 viewschicoazul

Probably wont be any refs at all on the pitch at high level football eventually. All players will be mike'd up to listen in on what they say. Heading will be banned.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What's next after VAR? on 10:36 - Jun 18 with 1056 viewsElephantintheRoom

European League. Closely followed by a global league. Premier League to implode within 10 years as Brexit bites and mercenaries chase more money in China and other far wealthier countries.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What's next after VAR? on 10:41 - Jun 18 with 1054 viewschicoazul

What's next after VAR? on 10:36 - Jun 18 by ElephantintheRoom

European League. Closely followed by a global league. Premier League to implode within 10 years as Brexit bites and mercenaries chase more money in China and other far wealthier countries.

Good.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What's next after VAR? on 11:20 - Jun 18 with 1032 viewsBLUEBEAT

Mixed gender teams.

Poll: W or W

What's next after VAR? on 11:21 - Jun 18 with 1033 viewsmonty_radio

Giant robotic hands that flick the players and weighted boots so that they always wobble upright again. Micro surgery on goalies' backs to accommodate titanium sticks that control them. The sponsors are too obvious to name.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

What's next after VAR? on 13:35 - Jun 18 with 971 viewsWeWereZombies

WAR

And if there is anything left after that

XAR
YAR
ZAR

What do I win?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

What's next after VAR? on 13:36 - Jun 18 with 969 viewsDeano69

What's next after VAR? on 13:35 - Jun 18 by WeWereZombies

WAR

And if there is anything left after that

XAR
YAR
ZAR

What do I win?

VAS then VAT

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

What's next after VAR? on 14:52 - Jun 18 with 936 viewssundaze

What's next after VAR? on 10:14 - Jun 18 by chicoazul

Probably wont be any refs at all on the pitch at high level football eventually. All players will be mike'd up to listen in on what they say. Heading will be banned.

There won't be any players either. Agents and players bankrupt the game, fans refuse to keep paying more money, both at the stadiums and for tv coverage.
This leads to clubs installing huge screens on the pitch facing all four stands and fans watching playstation / xbox games featuring their teams playing full 90 minute matches each week.
Still the same problems though, the big clubs generate more "viewers", meaning these clubs generate more virtual money, enabling them to purchase the best virtual players.

On the plus side, at least we won't need VAR.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024