Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... 11:51 - Jun 18 with 8316 viewsHerbivore

How do you begin to reason with people prepared to let the country burn and the union disintegrate to bring about something that I've struggled to see anyone articulate the tangible benefits of?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 11:54 - Jun 18 with 3536 viewsDanTheMan

The power of propaganda.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 11:56 - Jun 18 with 3533 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

61% want Brexit even if it results in significant damage to the UK economy.....

They are most commonly known as pensioners. In the view of that 61%, their livelihood wont be affected by a poor economy, so who cares.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 11:59 - Jun 18 with 3508 viewsHerbivore

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 11:56 - Jun 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

61% want Brexit even if it results in significant damage to the UK economy.....

They are most commonly known as pensioners. In the view of that 61%, their livelihood wont be affected by a poor economy, so who cares.

Very true, the average age of Tory party members is 57 and 40% of them are over 65. Many of them are largely insulated from any of the negative effects of Brexit, and yet it will ultimately be them who decide the future direction of the country.

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:05 - Jun 18 with 3488 viewsHerbivore

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 11:54 - Jun 18 by DanTheMan

The power of propaganda.

Indeed. I'd be interested to see these results plotted against readership of the Mail and the Express.

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:06 - Jun 18 with 3482 viewsSpruceMoose

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 11:59 - Jun 18 by Herbivore

Very true, the average age of Tory party members is 57 and 40% of them are over 65. Many of them are largely insulated from any of the negative effects of Brexit, and yet it will ultimately be them who decide the future direction of the country.

Should open voting up to 16 year olds now people are living much longer. Balance things out a little.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:09 - Jun 18 with 3463 viewsfooters

Hang on, how could Brexit possibly cause significant financial damage to the country? Didn't anyone point this out before the vote?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:12 - Jun 18 with 3449 viewspickles110564

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 11:59 - Jun 18 by Herbivore

Not quite true, we as voters put the Tories in power and will be able to kick them out very soon as Boris will have to go for a GE to get Brexit through.
Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:16 - Jun 18 with 3441 viewsElephantintheRoom

I think you'll find Tory MPS ARE members of the tory party. And you are confusing economic well being with taking back control of immigration, our laws and borders. Conveniently forgetting that the only land border we have with the EU has to remain open to goods and people - and non-EU immigration has proved uncontrollable. Never let reality intervene with dogma when there are votes in it.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:21 - Jun 18 with 3423 viewsOldsmoker

My uncle is a bastion of the local community and also a Tory member.
I haven't seen him for over 20 years.
This poll does not surprise me one bit.
His views on the "troubles" in NI were "let them all kill themselves".
He also thought all young people should do compulsory National Service and the death penalty should be brought back.
He said "we didn't fight 2 World wars to have the EU dictate to us."
I pointed out to him that he was 12 in WW2 so he definitely didn't fight in 2 world wars and his reply was "you're a commie".
Has he mellowed in his old age? Not a chance.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:24 - Jun 18 with 3408 viewsROKERITE

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:06 - Jun 18 by SpruceMoose

Should open voting up to 16 year olds now people are living much longer. Balance things out a little.

On the contrary, it should be raised to twenty-one. When the average life expectancy was about sixty you had to wait till you were twenty-one to vote, even though most people were out in the world trying to earn a living well before they were sixteen. Now that life expectancy is around eighty raising the voting age to twenty-one is logical, particularly as most will have little experience outside of education.
Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:28 - Jun 18 with 3379 viewsOldsmoker

A downvote from Pickles!
To know I've rattled his cage gives me a warm glow.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:29 - Jun 18 with 3379 viewsCoachRob

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:24 - Jun 18 by ROKERITE

On the contrary, it should be raised to twenty-one. When the average life expectancy was about sixty you had to wait till you were twenty-one to vote, even though most people were out in the world trying to earn a living well before they were sixteen. Now that life expectancy is around eighty raising the voting age to twenty-one is logical, particularly as most will have little experience outside of education.

Are all academics to banned from voting in your new world order?
Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:30 - Jun 18 with 3377 viewspickles110564

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:28 - Jun 18 by Oldsmoker

A downvote from Pickles!
To know I've rattled his cage gives me a warm glow.

I just love how you make this stuff up, always makes me chuckle that others on here fall for it.
Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:32 - Jun 18 with 3369 viewsElephantintheRoom

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:24 - Jun 18 by ROKERITE

Crikey. Next you'll be saying that this country had an empire ad ruled the world before we gave women the vote - something Churchill was very much against. Personally I think it makes more sense to stop people over the age of 65 voting - especially as most of them seem to vote for a party that has devastated the NHS, community healthcare and local services not to mention the police.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:35 - Jun 18 with 3353 viewsHerbivore

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:16 - Jun 18 by ElephantintheRoom

I think you'll find Tory MPS ARE members of the tory party. And you are confusing economic well being with taking back control of immigration, our laws and borders. Conveniently forgetting that the only land border we have with the EU has to remain open to goods and people - and non-EU immigration has proved uncontrollable. Never let reality intervene with dogma when there are votes in it.

That's a garbled mess.

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:35 - Jun 18 with 3349 viewsHerbivore

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:12 - Jun 18 by pickles110564

Not quite true, we as voters put the Tories in power and will be able to kick them out very soon as Boris will have to go for a GE to get Brexit through.

I don't think we'll see a GE before the end of October. There isn't enough time.

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:36 - Jun 18 with 3343 viewspickles110564

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:35 - Jun 18 by Herbivore

I don't think we'll see a GE before the end of October. There isn't enough time.

You agree he will need to call a GE to have any chance of delivering Brexit?
Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:41 - Jun 18 with 3337 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks a good reason to vote for a Corbyn-led Labour Party.

If these loons are against that over and above everything else, then it's probably a necessary step forward.

Pronouns: He/Him

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:46 - Jun 18 with 3315 viewsHerbivore

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:36 - Jun 18 by pickles110564

You agree he will need to call a GE to have any chance of delivering Brexit?

It's a moot point. Legally we are leaving at the end of October and there isn't enough time for a GE before then.

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:50 - Jun 18 with 3293 viewsHalf_Idiot

Or perhaps introduce a cap on the voting age to prevent those that have very little time left in the modern world having huge effects on those yet to even enter it.

On a side note I do not believe we should lower the voting age to 16 unless they introduce simple politics in schools as a compulsory GSCE. When I was 16 I knew almost nothing about politics. Even now, 10 years later the little that I do know has all been self taught through.
Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:51 - Jun 18 with 3288 viewsBlueBadger

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:30 - Jun 18 by pickles110564

I just love how you make this stuff up, always makes me chuckle that others on here fall for it.

Makes a change from you making stuff up.

And then running away.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 12:54]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:53 - Jun 18 with 3262 viewsSwansea_Blue

Take home message - musn't let Labour win, feck everything and everyone else. These are the numpties who'll be picking our next PM ladies and gents. Happy days

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:56 - Jun 18 with 3250 viewsBlueBadger

It's ironic that the Tory party members will condemn the Dear Leader as a Marxist and communist and here we are, facing a situation where the country is going to be run by someone picked by a bunch of anonymous grey-hairs who have no idea what's going on outside their own personal bubble.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:57 - Jun 18 with 3240 viewsHerbivore

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:53 - Jun 18 by Swansea_Blue

Take home message - musn't let Labour win, feck everything and everyone else. These are the numpties who'll be picking our next PM ladies and gents. Happy days

It's thoroughly depressing. Brexit is more important than peace on the island of Ireland but not as important as keeping Labour out of power.

Blimey, Tory party members might be worse than the MPs.... on 12:58 - Jun 18 with 3234 viewsfactual_blue

Surely a twenty-one year-old in Sunderland is regarded as A Very Old Person?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024