Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Car hire issues 14:55 - Jun 18 with 6636 viewsitfcjoe

About to go into my 3rd hour at the airport as car at wrong airport, now new car coming.

Wife and kids been taxi’d to the hotel - not a good start to the holiday, and my halloumi in Costa is sh*t whilst great street food and little restaurants are just a short car ride away.

Positives, Mrs will have apartment setup and stuff unpacked when I get there.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Car hire issues on 07:37 - Jun 19 with 1237 viewsBlueStreak

I am in Pathos for a wedding in August but haven't sorted out any transfers yet to my hotel. Are there shuttle buses or am I going to have to be bent over getting a taxi?
Car hire issues on 07:53 - Jun 19 with 1224 viewsBloomBlue

Car hire issues on 07:37 - Jun 19 by BlueStreak

I am in Pathos for a wedding in August but haven't sorted out any transfers yet to my hotel. Are there shuttle buses or am I going to have to be bent over getting a taxi?

Taxi. Went in April and negotiated with the taxi driver 30euro from airport to Paphos (port area), but that was April I'll assume Aug will be more expensive.
Car hire issues on 08:52 - Jun 19 with 1194 viewsRadlett_blue

Car hire issues on 07:31 - Jun 19 by TractorWood

I used Sixt a few years ago in Spain. They are by all accounts a reputable company but they tried the 'the car you ordered is not ready, but we have a worse one ready now' trick. Told them to shove it and they gave me a better car after 30 minutes of fake phone calls to their 'manager'.

I booked the car 5 months in advance. Horrible industry.

Rules of picking up a hire car at an airport:
1. The firm you have chosen will be the one with the longest queue at the kiosk.
2. The queue will move excruciatingly slowly, as they try to sell extra insurance & other upgrades to the people ahead of you.
3. They will not have the car you ordered. A more expensive one is readily available though.
4. They will take a huge deposit on your card, even if you refuse to buy their superfluous insurance upgrade.
5. If you have requested something like a roof rack, the car will not have one.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Car hire issues on 09:10 - Jun 19 with 1178 viewsWeWereZombies

No problems getting a shuttle bus when I went a few years back, check the airport website closer to your time of departure:

https://www.airport-paphos.com/

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Car hire issues on 09:16 - Jun 19 with 1176 viewsdusseldorf_blue

We are often in Cyprus flying to Paphos or Larnaka, never had a problem with Car hire, I know that doesn't help :-)

Usually used the 'best value option' that involves a shuttle bus to car pick up point
Car hire issues on 10:11 - Jun 19 with 1152 viewsitfcjoe

I guess there is but usually get a taxi anyway - about €35 for a 20 minute trip so not out of the way expensive if there is a car full

Car hire issues on 10:16 - Jun 19 with 1154 viewsdavblue

Car hire issues on 06:44 - Jun 19 by itfcjoe

Did you quiz him on the upcoming transfer? Where about a are you staying

We are in the Olympic Lagoon hotel about 5 mins from the harbour.

I didn’t say anything as I wasn’t 100% sure it was him, did t want to look a complete berk!
Car hire issues on 10:45 - Jun 19 with 1131 viewsfarkenhell

Car hire issues on 16:38 - Jun 18 by davblue

And I’m pretty sure Remi Matthews and Josh Vela are staying here also. I was just in the gym with Who I think is Remi!

Hope you greeted him with the word "scummer"!
Login to get fewer ads

Car hire issues on 11:26 - Jun 19 with 1116 viewsBlueStreak

Car hire issues on 10:11 - Jun 19 by itfcjoe

I guess there is but usually get a taxi anyway - about €35 for a 20 minute trip so not out of the way expensive if there is a car full

It is just me going. have checked and the hotel is 40 mins away from the airport so I am going to be tight and get the bus for €1.50 and then have a 15 minute walk. Extra beer money!
Car hire issues on 11:43 - Jun 19 with 1107 viewsitfcjoe

Car hire issues on 11:26 - Jun 19 by BlueStreak

It is just me going. have checked and the hotel is 40 mins away from the airport so I am going to be tight and get the bus for €1.50 and then have a 15 minute walk. Extra beer money!

That’s sensible on your own, bit different to having family there and copious amounts of luggage!

Car hire issues on 18:09 - Jun 19 with 1056 viewsdavblue

Car hire issues on 10:16 - Jun 19 by davblue

We are in the Olympic Lagoon hotel about 5 mins from the harbour.

I didn’t say anything as I wasn’t 100% sure it was him, did t want to look a complete berk!

It’s deffo Vela and Matthews who are staying here. Saw them signed in in the signing in book at the gym today.
Car hire issues on 06:35 - Jun 20 with 1013 viewsEly_Blue

Car hire issues on 08:52 - Jun 19 by Radlett_blue

Rules of picking up a hire car at an airport:
1. The firm you have chosen will be the one with the longest queue at the kiosk.
2. The queue will move excruciatingly slowly, as they try to sell extra insurance & other upgrades to the people ahead of you.
3. They will not have the car you ordered. A more expensive one is readily available though.
4. They will take a huge deposit on your card, even if you refuse to buy their superfluous insurance upgrade.
5. If you have requested something like a roof rack, the car will not have one.

That’s never been my experience of renting a car which I do regularly when on business.

Usually I can turn up at the Hertz desk in most airports and be on my way to my car within a matter of a couple of minutes, the sheet with pictures of any damage etc is usually already emailed to me by the time I get off the plane, and because I rent so frequently it usually results in me getting an upgrade, last week I was given an S90 for €18 per day!

The moral of the story......... stick with a reputable company

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024