Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer flu 15:34 - Jun 18 with 1485 viewsunbelievablue

Seeing as my Mrs had it, BlueInBrum is complaining of it (though that could just be a booze induced stupor knowing him), and I am now starting to feel AWFUL, has anyone else got a case of the summer flu?

- Blocked nose/sinuses
- Weakness
- Sore throat
- Headaches
- Occasional fever

Woe is me.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Summer flu on 15:37 - Jun 18 with 1477 viewsfooters

Me and a couple of colleagues were laid up with the proper flu a couple of months back. Knocked me on my arse in two spells both lasting a week, proper nasty stuff. Don't think I ate for three days.

My mistake was trying to drag myself back into work. Rest up and go get some antibiotics, seemed to work.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Summer flu on 15:43 - Jun 18 with 1454 viewsunbelievablue

Summer flu on 15:37 - Jun 18 by footers

Me and a couple of colleagues were laid up with the proper flu a couple of months back. Knocked me on my arse in two spells both lasting a week, proper nasty stuff. Don't think I ate for three days.

My mistake was trying to drag myself back into work. Rest up and go get some antibiotics, seemed to work.

Not ideal.

I've got a team away day on Thursday...would be a laugh infecting everyone.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Summer flu on 15:50 - Jun 18 with 1438 viewslowhouseblue

Summer flu on 15:37 - Jun 18 by footers

nicely played with the flu and anti-biotics line. i'm surprised you haven't got any bites yet.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Summer flu on 15:55 - Jun 18 with 1419 viewsfooters

Summer flu on 15:50 - Jun 18 by lowhouseblue

nicely played with the flu and anti-biotics line. i'm surprised you haven't got any bites yet.

I hope you're not accusing me of attempting to stir up trouble when there is peace on the board?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Summer flu on 15:58 - Jun 18 with 1409 viewsSwansea_Blue

er, "summer"?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Summer flu on 16:00 - Jun 18 with 1402 viewslowhouseblue

Summer flu on 15:55 - Jun 18 by footers

I hope you're not accusing me of attempting to stir up trouble when there is peace on the board?

no, of course not.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Summer flu on 17:07 - Jun 18 with 1343 viewsallezlesbleus

Yep, I had it last week. Felt dodgy on Monday, really crap on Tuesday, with cough, cold and blinding headache. Not good Wednesday or Thursday, so decided to have a few pints of Guinness on Friday, which done the trick. Not totally over it yet, but loads better than what I was.
Summer flu on 23:48 - Jun 18 with 1281 viewsRyorry

Had 2-week long bad cold (don't think it was 'flu) from mid to end of May which was doing the rounds locally, and for the first time ever in my life, completely lost my voice! Only just getting it back now, still v. hoarse. Never taken me so long to shake off a cold but it was just a particularly bad strain I think.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Summer flu on 11:12 - Jun 19 with 1218 viewsDebsyAngel

Still suffering with mine - 3 months tomorrow it started.

Started as a normal cold, then became a chest infection which antibiotics did not touch, more antibiotics (the doctor said it was asthma and not a chest infection so why prescribe them?), then an endless sore throat that another doctor said was anxiety related acid reflux and had 5 weeks of omeprazole - I thought that was a rubbish diagnosis as of course I was anxious as not getting better. Then had to double the dose of these which of course still did not work. Also developed pleurisy and had to go to A&E.

Went back to the doctors (started to see a regular one instead of a locum who did all sorts of blood tests and swabs and ordered a scan and ENT appointment). Had the ENT Doctor put a tube through my nose - no reflux but got swollen lymph nodes after complications from the chest infection. Not cancer as I was started to get into a real state over. Now got a spray for my throat which isn't doing much, and throat still sore.

What an ordeal. All this from a cold?! And now my poor Mum has a chest infection that she caught after the Rod Stewart gig and getting caught in the rain. Just hoping hers is not the same as what mine is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024