Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... 16:54 - Jun 18 with 5763 viewsKieran_Knows

... can't see Bart going to them now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:00 - Jun 18 with 5441 viewsJ2BLUE

I was wondering the same about Knudsen now Pulis has gone. Perhaps he will regret now signing a new deal here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:06 - Jun 18 with 5402 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derby County?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:07 - Jun 18 with 5402 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:00 - Jun 18 by J2BLUE

I was wondering the same about Knudsen now Pulis has gone. Perhaps he will regret now signing a new deal here.

Knudsens stock is way lower than it was last year.

From the outside he is a left back who couldn't get in a dismal defence.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:23 - Jun 18 with 5334 viewsITFC_Forever

That is a ridiculous decision.

Monk dragged them up to a position they had no right to be in and the fans liked him.... We should have gone in for Monk when it was clear Mick was going, but as usual we dithered and he went elsewhere.

Brum were a complete mess when he took over, and he got them to a very safe position (even after the 9 point deduction).

They are going to be in a relegation battle next season, as are QPR.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:25 - Jun 18 with 5324 viewswkj

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:23 - Jun 18 by ITFC_Forever

Monk dragged them up to a position they had no right to be in and the fans liked him.... We should have gone in for Monk when it was clear Mick was going, but as usual we dithered and he went elsewhere.

Brum were a complete mess when he took over, and he got them to a very safe position (even after the 9 point deduction).

Probably a behind the scenes barney about the season expectation vs the budget - I bet you he was fired before he was able to resign.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:26 - Jun 18 with 5320 viewsTractorCam

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:23 - Jun 18 by ITFC_Forever

What? Monk was there before we knew Mick was going and we were never interested in him and probably wouldn't have been anyway.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:29 - Jun 18 with 5290 viewsMullet

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:26 - Jun 18 by TractorCam

What? Monk was there before we knew Mick was going and we were never interested in him and probably wouldn't have been anyway.

Imagine the outcry if we'd gone from Mick to Monk too. That'd have been interesting for sure.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:32 - Jun 18 with 5264 viewsParisBlue

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:29 - Jun 18 by Mullet

Imagine the outcry if we'd gone from Mick to Monk too. That'd have been interesting for sure.

Imagine the outcry if we'd gone straight from Mick to Lambert...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:33 - Jun 18 with 5261 viewsITFC_Forever

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:26 - Jun 18 by TractorCam

Come on...... we all knew Mick was going for most of the second half of the 2017-18 season, even if it wasn't announced until whenever it was.

Far beyond ME to have any kind of succession plan though.

Why wouldn't we have been interested? Young, promising English manager, done reasonably well so far in his career and (admittedly with hindsight) done a very decent job with the basket-cases that are Brum.

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:42 - Jun 18 with 5222 viewsBloomBlue

Unless MM gets the manager's job and then Bart would
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:58 - Jun 18 with 5142 viewslinhdi

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:33 - Jun 18 by ITFC_Forever

Come on...... we all knew Mick was going for most of the second half of the 2017-18 season, even if it wasn't announced until whenever it was.

Why wouldn't we have been interested? Young, promising English manager, done reasonably well so far in his career and (admittedly with hindsight) done a very decent job with the basket-cases that are Brum.

Strange how Monk has left Leeds, Middlesbrough and Drum after being by most accounts popular and doing a pretty good job with the team. Yet no obvious, credible public reasons have been given for him leaving any of them.
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 18:02 - Jun 18 with 5122 viewsMullet

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:32 - Jun 18 by ParisBlue

Imagine the outcry if we'd gone straight from Mick to Lambert...

We would have been relegated later in the season?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 18:09 - Jun 18 with 5104 viewsronnyd

That,s the problem of having a job in an industry that,s awash with egotistic, impatient and dodgy unethical owners.
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 18:13 - Jun 18 with 5074 viewsbrogansnose

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:25 - Jun 18 by wkj

Probably a behind the scenes barney about the season expectation vs the budget - I bet you he was fired before he was able to resign.

Owners looking for a fresh change of footballing philosophy, apparently. Sort of thing that you do at the end of the season I would have thought rather than just prior to pre-season.
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 18:16 - Jun 18 with 5059 viewsChocorange

Maybe they want Zola back in again as he is leaving Chelsea
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 18:17 - Jun 18 with 5055 viewsROKERITE

Reading Small Heath Alliance that is exactly what it was. Brum supporters are not happy with their owners.
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 18:41 - Jun 18 with 4981 viewsdavblue

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 18:09 - Jun 18 by ronnyd

That,s the problem of having a job in an industry that,s awash with egotistic, impatient and dodgy unethical owners.

I’ve been reading Johan Cruyff’s book on holiday and how he tried to set Ajax up and actually failed in 2010 because of infighting and board members who didn’t want to let go.

Very interesting and it’s at pretty much every level where money is involved. Cruyff had Ajax and the team in mind to make them a force again and people didn’t want to lose power even though it would probably mean Ajax not moving forward.

How we could do with our version of Cruyff at Ipswich a true visionary who comes along once in a while.
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 20:37 - Jun 18 with 4786 views66notout

It was a major bust-up between Monk and the CEO but why on earth would they fire him before he was able to resign? Sack him and they have to pay compensation, whereas his resignation would entitle him to precisely nothing.
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 07:43 - Jun 19 with 4492 viewsITFC_Forever

Turns out it was the Jota sale to Villa that sparked the row.

Must admit I’d missed that one, but that’s a great signing for Villa and makes sense now Smith is there as he worked with him at Brentford.

Jota was far too good for Birmingham.

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 07:49 - Jun 19 with 4479 viewsBloomBlue

Rumour is Derby want him as Manager if Lampard goes to Chelsea
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 09:36 - Jun 19 with 4354 viewsChurchman

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:58 - Jun 18 by linhdi

Strange how Monk has left Leeds, Middlesbrough and Drum after being by most accounts popular and doing a pretty good job with the team. Yet no obvious, credible public reasons have been given for him leaving any of them.

I think that says more about those clubs than it does him. Leeds and Birmingham in particular.

As for Birmingham City I’ve always thought them a loathsome club. I went there many years ago (not the League Cup semi) and detested it. That club seems to attract the dregs of Birmingham as the other grounds were fine.
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 09:43 - Jun 19 with 4342 viewsReuser_is_God

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:33 - Jun 18 by ITFC_Forever

Agree, Monk would've been ideal for us.

If it goes tits up for us & Lambert goes in October I hope Monk is still unemployed then...

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 09:45 - Jun 19 with 4335 viewsReuser_is_God

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 17:00 - Jun 18 by J2BLUE

Knudsen will end up playing in some second rate European league where he belongs.

Evans out

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 10:19 - Jun 19 with 4289 viewsPJH

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 09:45 - Jun 19 by Reuser_is_God

Knudsen will end up playing in some second rate European league where he belongs.

Which would be better than playing in the third rate English league that we are in.
Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 10:23 - Jun 19 with 4275 viewsReuser_is_God

Garry Monk sacked at Birmingham... on 10:19 - Jun 19 by PJH

Which would be better than playing in the third rate English league that we are in.

He's so sh1t he couldn't even get into our worst team in 60 plus years FFS.

Evans out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024