Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 23:04 - Jun 18 with 1078 viewsChocorange

I have been watching the South American Copa America.... which as a major tournament is using VAR .

From what I have now seen over a number of games VAR is going to ruin football as a fans experience.

Many decisions goals, penalties , offsides are checked causing a stop start stop start game. It's also the length of the pauses , always 2/3 mins , the longest was 6 minutes! These are top class international refs too.

It sometimes seems like every time there's a goal before the fans can celebrate and enjoy the goal, the ref is signalling VAR... Stopping the mass joy in its tracks.

Add to that the new handball rules , and it's not looking like improvement fo me.

Guess we won't have VAR in league 1?
The premier league could turn into a farce if the delays are as long.

What does everyone else think?

VAR on 17:44 - Jun 19 with 948 viewsbraveblue

It’s a shambles. Pre season will involve deliberately chipping balls into opposition arms practice. If it can’t be decided in 30 seconds then the referee call should stand.
VAR on 17:46 - Jun 19 with 948 viewsTrequartista

I am against it and have probably bored people enough on previous occasions with the reasons. In summary, the time taken is the least important of the issues, as that can be improved, the inconsistencies however cannot.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

VAR on 18:10 - Jun 19 with 930 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The way to get rid of it is to have a mass boycott of live games by fans. Otherwise it'll be here to stay and ruin the game.

It doesn't work in football and will be a disaster.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

VAR on 18:37 - Jun 19 with 906 viewsJ2BLUE

Brazil had 3 disallowed goals last night according to my scores app. Not sure if they were all VAR related.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

VAR on 19:39 - Jun 19 with 885 viewsHARRY10

But you forget all that lovely time that can be used to show adverts.

And football can then become that costume drama that is the NFL where the advertisers and sponsors determine what happens - and tedious cretins with advanced Aspergers can fill in the huge gaps with inane drivel about vacuous 'stats'.

The 'audience' can then be over excited by screens that count down to the ref's decision (or call, if he is Tarzan) - then on to the next long drawn out set piece.

If you think this is not already happening then check the amount of penalties that have been awarded in the WWC.

Or why referees not longer make a decision - it is a 'call'. There are not problems either as that could infer cause and responsibility so we have the vapid 'ishhooos'. Players are not attackers, strikers or even forwards they are offensive players. Which you would assume means they offend.

So before you complain about VAR consider how complicit you are yourself in encouraging this devaluing of the game.
VAR on 19:50 - Jun 19 with 881 viewsChocorange

VAR on 19:39 - Jun 19 by HARRY10

But you forget all that lovely time that can be used to show adverts.

And football can then become that costume drama that is the NFL where the advertisers and sponsors determine what happens - and tedious cretins with advanced Aspergers can fill in the huge gaps with inane drivel about vacuous 'stats'.

The 'audience' can then be over excited by screens that count down to the ref's decision (or call, if he is Tarzan) - then on to the next long drawn out set piece.

If you think this is not already happening then check the amount of penalties that have been awarded in the WWC.

Or why referees not longer make a decision - it is a 'call'. There are not problems either as that could infer cause and responsibility so we have the vapid 'ishhooos'. Players are not attackers, strikers or even forwards they are offensive players. Which you would assume means they offend.

So before you complain about VAR consider how complicit you are yourself in encouraging this devaluing of the game.

An interesting view, and you may well be right Harry.

If the future of football is as you suggest, I guess all us dinosaurs who love the game as it is now cannot be complicit and need to make our voices heard.

For the record Brazil did have 2 out of the 3 goals disallowed last nite, as did Peru in their first game . All 4 would have been goals without VAR , so is it wrong decision or right decision with a long wait?

My gut instinct is they can shove it lol , goalie technology where it is instant is ok , but the rest detracts instead of adding to the game experience.

I can see there being protests, after all fans have been vocal when the game experience is affected by the football that managers like Pulis and Allardyce choose to play .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024