Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? 10:07 - Jun 19 with 3363 viewsTractorBoyOlly

I'll plump for Shrewsbury away
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 10:08]

Poll: Final points total?

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:12 - Jun 19 with 2400 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone but Sunderland away please.

Don't fancy going all the way up there to sit a hundred miles up in the sky to watch a defeat.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:15 - Jun 19 with 2378 viewsPJH

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:12 - Jun 19 by ITFC_Forever

Anyone but Sunderland away please.

Don't fancy going all the way up there to sit a hundred miles up in the sky to watch a defeat.

Although last time we went there and sat a hundred miles up in the sky we won 2-0 but that was when we used to be a Championship club.
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:22 - Jun 19 with 2368 viewsskyblue23

I have it on very good authority from a father of a certain player who is in the know but I'm not going to reveal who we're playing or who this person is. I'm in the know you see..
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 10:55]

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:23 - Jun 19 with 2347 viewsITFC_Forever

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:22 - Jun 19 by skyblue23

I have it on very good authority from a father of a certain player who is in the know but I'm not going to reveal who we're playing or who this person is. I'm in the know you see..

a) Who is this curtain player? Is he good at drawing?

b) Players wouldn't have any more of an idea than us.

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:24 - Jun 19 with 2338 viewsfooters

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:23 - Jun 19 by ITFC_Forever

He needs to pull himself together...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:26 - Jun 19 with 2330 viewsPJH

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:24 - Jun 19 by footers

He needs to pull himself together...

that might make him blind.
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:27 - Jun 19 with 2323 viewsBerlinBlue

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:22 - Jun 19 by skyblue23

Load of cobblers.
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:29 - Jun 19 with 2311 viewsReuser_is_God

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:15 - Jun 19 by PJH

Although last time we went there and sat a hundred miles up in the sky we won 2-0 but that was when we used to be a Championship club.

Good to see you're still whining about us being in League 1.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:30 - Jun 19 with 2302 viewsGooders7592

Lincoln away & live on Sky is my guess
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:33 - Jun 19 with 2292 viewsportmanpensioner

MK away wonder how many we would take
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:34 - Jun 19 with 2282 viewsIpswichKnight

Home to Oxford will be my guess.
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:35 - Jun 19 with 2265 viewsITFC_Forever

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:34 - Jun 19 by IpswichKnight

Home to Oxford will be my guess.

No.

We know from Norwich's fixtures we will be away.

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:36 - Jun 19 with 2266 viewsEastTownBlue

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:15 - Jun 19 by PJH

On a more negative note, the last time we played up there for the first game was our relegation season of 01/02. How both clubs have fallen since.
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:40 - Jun 19 with 2240 viewsPJH

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:29 - Jun 19 by Reuser_is_God

Good to see you're still whining about us being in League 1.

I find it strange that some people seem to be pleased about it but there you go.
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:43 - Jun 19 with 2229 viewsChocorange

In a world of logic , I shall explain.

Looking at the Prem fixtures a lot of teams playing each other in the opening game have a long journey. burnley V Saints, Wet Spam v Citee , Pool v Scum, Bournemouth v Blades ! Geordies v Gooners etc.

Therefore the same may go for us , and we also know we are very likely to be away.

So the furthest away in the north and west ( am leaving the south out of it as they will also need to play northern teams ..as there are more of them) ...this gives me away to Accrington, Bury,Bolton, Tranmere,Blackpool, Fleetwood, Rochdale and Shrewsbury and also Slumberland in the far north.

I don't think Sky will want a potentially big game between the fans and 2nd fans as an opening game , so knock out Sunderland, also it's rare for 2 relegated teams to play first game so knock out Boltn too.
Knocking out Accrington for no good reason other than we played them in the cup , that leaves me with the other 6

Blackpool, Fleetwood, Rochdale, Tranmere Bury and Shrewsbury.

Often relegated teams seem to play mid table sides and it could be somewhere with room for a biggish following for the division we are now in..

Haven't looked at the away ends capacity , but from that list Teanmere and Blackpool probably have the biggest so one of those 2 is my guess , throw in Norwood and that would make a good story for the opening day .

Then again ... Logic is a load of balls sometimes........
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:43 - Jun 19 with 2225 viewsITFC_Forever

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:36 - Jun 19 by EastTownBlue

On a more negative note, the last time we played up there for the first game was our relegation season of 01/02. How both clubs have fallen since.

Went to that.

Sereni and George's debut.... Bramble got caught ball-watching, lost his man and promptly found him again via the means of a foul in the penalty box. They scored the penalty to beat us 0-1.

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:44 - Jun 19 with 2215 viewsPJH

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:36 - Jun 19 by EastTownBlue

Yes, I was there that day.
Sereni and George making their competitive debuts.
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:55 - Jun 19 with 2181 viewsReuser_is_God

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:40 - Jun 19 by PJH

I find it strange that some people seem to be pleased about it but there you go.

I'm not pleased about it but I'm not going to spend my time whining like a little b1tch about it but there you go.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 11:17]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:56 - Jun 19 with 2173 viewsskyblue23

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:23 - Jun 19 by ITFC_Forever

A) I have no idea what you're talking about drawing?

B) I don't know anything but the joke seems to be lost on people

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 11:03 - Jun 19 with 2142 viewsTractor_Buck

Oh I really really hope you're right.
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 11:04 - Jun 19 with 2138 viewsIpswichKnight

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:35 - Jun 19 by ITFC_Forever

No.

We know from Norwich's fixtures we will be away.

We start the week before the Premier league.
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 11:08 - Jun 19 with 2115 viewsPJH

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 11:04 - Jun 19 by IpswichKnight

and as them from Norfolk are away in their first game we will be at home that weekend therefore we will be away first game.
Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 11:11 - Jun 19 with 2101 viewsITFC_Forever

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 11:04 - Jun 19 by IpswichKnight

Yes. We do.

And Norwich are away to Liverpool for their first game, so we therefore we are at home for our second game and away for our first one.

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 11:27 - Jun 19 with 2052 viewsGavTWTD

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 10:30 - Jun 19 by Gooders7592

Lincoln away & live on Sky is my guess

Will we have any televised matches this season? I've genuinely no idea.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 11:30 - Jun 19 with 2039 viewsJ2BLUE

Opening fixture - Anyone in the know? on 11:27 - Jun 19 by GavTWTD

Will we have any televised matches this season? I've genuinely no idea.

I don't know why so many think we'll be televised on the opening weekend. The Championship takes centre stage. There are league one games but nowhere near as many and most are during international breaks.

Oh and the opening fixture is away at Gillingham. I'm prepared to gamble all 11000 up votes you stole from me on this Gav. Shall we say evens?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024