Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you 11:32 - Jun 19 with 1036 viewschicoazul

Marxism in action comrades.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 12:15 - Jun 19 with 963 viewsGeoffSentence

It really was a shame that he spoiled all the good work by going on his vanity crusade in Iraq.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 15:13 - Jun 19 with 813 viewsDarth_Koont

I think Corbyn struck too close to home there.

Blair entrenched neoliberalism in this country.

Pronouns: He/Him

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 16:23 - Jun 19 with 742 viewsRyorry

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 15:13 - Jun 19 by Darth_Koont

Wish Corbyn would strike* somewhere that it actually mattered!

Hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of us are yearning to go back to Blair's kind of middle ground. War aside, those seem like good times looking back from the current "either" "or" extremes.

*I mean actually hit home in a meaningful way politically, not physically punch someone or withdraw his "labour"!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 16:30]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 16:29 - Jun 19 with 726 viewsSwansea_Blue

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 15:13 - Jun 19 by Darth_Koont

I think that's probably fair comment, but only part of the story. There's certainly things he did that have lasting negative consequences - like the debts laden on the taxpayer through PFI arrangements for new infrastructure/buildings, for example. Increased privatisation, etc.

Although it's equally true that that public services were in a much better state under Blair's government. So neoliberalism but with a healthy smattering of state support.

I'd rather than than what we currently have.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 16:30 - Jun 19 with 720 viewsDarth_Koont

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 16:23 - Jun 19 by Ryorry

Wish Corbyn would strike* somewhere that it actually mattered!

Hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of us are yearning to go back to Blair's kind of middle ground. War aside, those seem like good times looking back from the current "either" "or" extremes.

*I mean actually hit home in a meaningful way politically, not physically punch someone or withdraw his "labour"!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 16:30]

It would help if there wasn't such a manufactured storm around him. Then perhaps we'd be judging him on what he says and does, rather than one-eyed allegations of what he represents.

I know it's a rare thing nowadays in the UK but a political discussion on actual policies would be quite refreshing.

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 16:31 - Jun 19 with 714 viewsSwansea_Blue

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 12:15 - Jun 19 by GeoffSentence

It really was a shame that he spoiled all the good work by going on his vanity crusade in Iraq.

For a number of reasons. Firstly and most significantly because of the direct consequences. But also because it gives opponents an easy win and allows them to sidestep any sensible discussion about things that worked well in his govt.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 16:32 - Jun 19 with 710 viewsRyorry

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 16:30 - Jun 19 by Darth_Koont

It would help if there wasn't such a manufactured storm around him. Then perhaps we'd be judging him on what he says and does, rather than one-eyed allegations of what he represents.

I know it's a rare thing nowadays in the UK but a political discussion on actual policies would be quite refreshing.

Agree re discussion of actual policies.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 16:35 - Jun 19 with 705 viewsDarth_Koont

Even Daddy himself has decided to explain it all to you on 16:29 - Jun 19 by Swansea_Blue

I think that's probably fair comment, but only part of the story. There's certainly things he did that have lasting negative consequences - like the debts laden on the taxpayer through PFI arrangements for new infrastructure/buildings, for example. Increased privatisation, etc.

Although it's equally true that that public services were in a much better state under Blair's government. So neoliberalism but with a healthy smattering of state support.

I'd rather than than what we currently have.

Re: your last line. Undoubtedly.

But Blair was just a slowing down of our shift to the right and a wasted opportunity to get a proper balance back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024