Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? 12:27 - Jun 19 with 4964 viewsbontcho

I wonder if the rest of our transfer dealings depend on shifting his wages and he's looking to flush out the interest so we know where we stand?

I dunno why but I've always assumed Bart would go.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:29 - Jun 19 with 4551 viewsSamWhiteUK

But Millwall!?
Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:30 - Jun 19 with 4535 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Brinkmanship.

...and possibly just answering a question that he has been asked.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:39 - Jun 19 with 4492 viewsclive_baker

We clearly want rid. A seven figure fee and the opportunity to get a big earner off the books, it certainly makes sense, and no doubt Mr O’Neill is trying to get a little bit of the supposed interest firmed up by way of an offer.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:41 - Jun 19 with 4480 viewsSuperblue95

I think it’d be best if he moved on so I’ve no issue if we are actively looking to get rid

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:57 - Jun 19 with 4413 viewshammo56

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:29 - Jun 19 by SamWhiteUK

But Millwall!?

Where would you expect him to go?
Based on his form last season I would be surprised if any Premiership or higher end Championship club showed a interest.
Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:58 - Jun 19 with 4405 viewsIllinoisblue

Big Pole in the Shop Window

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:59 - Jun 19 with 4388 viewsxrayspecs

Think it is more likely that he is simply commenting on what is a pretty open secret.
Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 13:04 - Jun 19 with 4378 viewsPJH

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:57 - Jun 19 by hammo56

Based on his form last season I would be surprised if any Premiership or higher end Championship club showed a interest.

On his 2018/19 form I don't think there would be a lot of interest above mid Championship level with a view to him being first choice keeper but possibly one of the better teams might see him as coming in to put pressure on their current first choice.
If he ever rediscovers his early 2016 to summer 2018 form then they would have a pretty good keeper on their hands.
Login to get fewer ads

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 13:07 - Jun 19 with 4358 viewsmonty_radio

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:59 - Jun 19 by xrayspecs

Think it is more likely that he is simply commenting on what is a pretty open secret.

We craved a friendly authoritative face sitting casually in the stand, and telling us something of what the club is doing. Well, there he is, putting us in the picture, while picturing himself.
It's inevitable that such a role would be utilised to tell us nothing, as well as, occasionally, something.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 13:30 - Jun 19 with 4275 viewsbontcho

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:57 - Jun 19 by hammo56

I'd expect him to go to a Championship club who plays pretty direct football, that probably means Millwall, Forest, Sheff Wed and Brum are realistic. Millwall are definitely in the market for a keeper, not sure about the others.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 13:44 - Jun 19 with 4234 viewshoppy

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 13:30 - Jun 19 by bontcho

I'd expect him to go to a Championship club who plays pretty direct football, that probably means Millwall, Forest, Sheff Wed and Brum are realistic. Millwall are definitely in the market for a keeper, not sure about the others.

Yes, sure... but Millwall?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 13:50 - Jun 19 with 4213 viewsITFC_Forever

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 13:44 - Jun 19 by hoppy

Yes, sure... but Millwall?

And there's no way Millwall will pay £1m - £1.5m for him.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 13:55 - Jun 19 with 4191 viewsElephantintheRoom

Because the owner will not have factored Bart's wages into the new season - especially as two more dodgy keepers have been added to the mix. A watsapp message from the far east on business will have reminded O'Neill it's time to pull his finger out and unload the overpaid dross.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 14:48 - Jun 19 with 4087 viewsWickets

We will be very lucky to get anywhere near a £1mill ,i think but i was one of the ones who thought £3mill was a good deal for us last season !
Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 15:00 - Jun 19 with 4057 viewsArnieM

I’d say O’Neill’s Comments are nothing short of Town trying to drum up an auction and maximise our bargaining position .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 15:01 - Jun 19 with 4053 viewsActionMan

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:39 - Jun 19 by clive_baker

We clearly want rid. A seven figure fee and the opportunity to get a big earner off the books, it certainly makes sense, and no doubt Mr O’Neill is trying to get a little bit of the supposed interest firmed up by way of an offer.

It may make sense from a short term financial perspective but for me if we're serious about returning to the Championship and competing with the likes of Sunderland who have new owners, Rotherham, Bolton, Peterborough and so on , we need to keep our better players to stand the best chance of going straight back up and not losing millions more in this division.

If anything we should be looking to retain the likes of Bart and be investing in players along the lines of Judge, if we don't and we have an underwhelming season it's going to turn pretty bitter around Portman Road.

We'll make more money being an established Championship club again then we will from selling Bart, in the same way we'd have made more money staying up instead of selling Webster, Garner and Waghorn last year.

It's short termism.
Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 15:04 - Jun 19 with 4046 viewschicoazul

Well pre season starts next week and we have practically no defenders or wide players but we do have 3 keepers so it makes sense to shift him ASAP.

EDIT; maybe our transfer policy nowadays is based on sell on clauses anyway? In which case it makes perfect sense to sell our best players for tiny fees compared to what they would be worth in a year or two.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 15:06]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 16:11 - Jun 19 with 3943 viewsArnieM

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 15:01 - Jun 19 by ActionMan

It may make sense from a short term financial perspective but for me if we're serious about returning to the Championship and competing with the likes of Sunderland who have new owners, Rotherham, Bolton, Peterborough and so on , we need to keep our better players to stand the best chance of going straight back up and not losing millions more in this division.

If anything we should be looking to retain the likes of Bart and be investing in players along the lines of Judge, if we don't and we have an underwhelming season it's going to turn pretty bitter around Portman Road.

We'll make more money being an established Championship club again then we will from selling Bart, in the same way we'd have made more money staying up instead of selling Webster, Garner and Waghorn last year.

It's short termism.

At the risk of being sent into orbit by many on here, I would suggest Holy is equally as good as Bart, if not better. We shall see !

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 17:08 - Jun 19 with 3859 viewshadleighboyblue

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 16:11 - Jun 19 by ArnieM

At the risk of being sent into orbit by many on here, I would suggest Holy is equally as good as Bart, if not better. We shall see !

must admit I thought Holy was more likely to be Bart's replacement , rather than Gerken's replacement
Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 17:35 - Jun 19 with 3813 viewsCheltenham_Blue

To start a bidding war probably. I'd imagine its in his remit to gain as much financially for the club as possible.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 18:22 - Jun 19 with 3723 viewsDublinBlue84

In HR terms, it's called 'managing out'

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 18:47 - Jun 19 with 3688 viewsArnieM

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 18:22 - Jun 19 by DublinBlue84

In HR terms, it's called 'managing out'

Offloading
Getting rid
Sacking
Downsizing
Rationalisation

All daft terms for the same thing really innit !

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 19:11 - Jun 19 with 3662 viewsHARRY10

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 15:01 - Jun 19 by ActionMan

It's short termism.

We are targetted to lose around 39m of last seasons income ie more than half. Where excactly are we to find this money to meet that loss ?

Whoever signs him will have to meet his current contract so I very much doubt that they will be offering a fee as well. Much as with Sereni way back.

We need to bring our outgoings into line with a much reduced income. That, I suspect, will mean sales of younger players where we can generate a fee as opposed to simply ridding ourselves of a hefty contract.
Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 19:39 - Jun 19 with 3618 viewsGarv

It's short termism.

Agreed. How many points has Bart won us over the last few seasons?* He’s likely to do the same again next season.

*Yes last year was not his finest, but he’s been more good than bad.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 19:53 - Jun 19 with 3595 viewsBLUEBEAT

Why has O'Neill confirmed that there's been interest in Bart? on 12:58 - Jun 19 by Illinoisblue

Big Pole in the Shop Window

We’re banking on a bigger Czech (sic)

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024