Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup 13:36 - Jun 19 with 2230 viewsgtsb

It's such a crap competition which most clubs and supporters could do without. Some of the first round games must actually be staged at a loss for the home club.
Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 13:47 - Jun 19 with 2195 viewsBigManBlue

Used to agree, didn't see the need for two "premier" cup competitions - a lot of teams seem to take it as seriously (or not) as the FA Cup these days however.

For me, ditch the OTT branding and it'd probably be alright.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 13:48 - Jun 19 with 2190 viewsITFC_Forever

All / virtually all our games are staged at a loss, given that ME has to put in £6m a year....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 13:52 - Jun 19 with 2180 viewsJ2BLUE

I would scrap it for Prem teams and replace it with 3 competitions for FL clubs in their respective league. Winners get the fourth play off spot. It would throw up some incredible stories over the years IMO. Imagine a team finishing in the bottom three but having fluked their league cup. They would be in the position of going down or going up, having to win the play offs, as unlikely as that would be.

If a team was third and they had already got sixth place they could go for broke and really go all out knowing they had little to lose if they dropped down the league.

I think it would be competitive, meaningful and really be quite interesting.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 14:09 - Jun 19 with 2139 viewsSpruceMoose

OMG. The draw is taking place in Morrisons? I think they're just trolling us.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 14:11 - Jun 19 with 2135 viewsfooters

How else could Thai soft drink manufacturers reach out to the British public?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:13 - Jun 19 with 2135 viewsSitfcB

It would be ok if we did well in it.

Was good when we got to the semi finals!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 14:14]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 14:21 - Jun 19 with 2102 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 13:52 - Jun 19 by J2BLUE

I would scrap it for Prem teams and replace it with 3 competitions for FL clubs in their respective league. Winners get the fourth play off spot. It would throw up some incredible stories over the years IMO. Imagine a team finishing in the bottom three but having fluked their league cup. They would be in the position of going down or going up, having to win the play offs, as unlikely as that would be.

If a team was third and they had already got sixth place they could go for broke and really go all out knowing they had little to lose if they dropped down the league.

When you think about it, there's no logic whatsoever that the Football League Trophy only includes League One and League Two, yet not the Championship.

They'd be better off scraping the League Cup, keeping the FA Cup and having all 72 teams in the EFL Trophy, which could essentially just be called the Football League Cup.

The Premier League isn't part of the Football League, but both are part of the FA. So you could argue the PL clubs should have dropped out of the League Cup in 1992.

The EFL clubs almost exclusively won win the FA Cup or have European commitments, so it would actually allow the competition to gain some value again.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:21 - Jun 19 with 2101 viewsOldsmoker

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:13 - Jun 19 by SitfcB

It would be ok if we did well in it.

Was good when we got to the semi finals!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 14:14]

The days when the Dark Lord reigned supreme are long forgotten.
Please keep it that way.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 14:23 - Jun 19 with 2091 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

That sounds terrible.

You can't have a season like last year where we get some form together for 4 games and end up getting promoted, despite winning 4 games in 46 before that.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 14:26 - Jun 19 with 2082 viewsHalf_Idiot

That could actually be quite exciting to see!

You could do it so that the 3 promotion places go to the top 2 and the league cup winner. If the league cup winner finishes in the top 2 an additional play off game is played between the team that lost the league cup final and the team that came 3rd.
Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 14:26 - Jun 19 with 2081 viewsJ2BLUE

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 14:23 - Jun 19 by WarkTheWarkITFC

That sounds terrible.

You can't have a season like last year where we get some form together for 4 games and end up getting promoted, despite winning 4 games in 46 before that.

I don't think we'd have got past the first round.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 15:02 - Jun 19 with 2038 viewsBlue_Order

I’d like to see it merged with the Scottish League Cup.

I haven’t thought it through any further than that tbh, but the opening rounds could be kept regionalised as it is now so small teams wouldn’t be travelling to the other end of the country on the regular.

That wouldn’t make it any more exciting than it is now for the bigger clubs, but I’d just personally like more ‘Battle of Britain’ matches. I’m talking more Rangers v Leeds than Forest Green v East Fife, but you know.
Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 15:21 - Jun 19 with 2001 viewsKieran_Knows

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 15:02 - Jun 19 by Blue_Order

I’d like to see it merged with the Scottish League Cup.

I haven’t thought it through any further than that tbh, but the opening rounds could be kept regionalised as it is now so small teams wouldn’t be travelling to the other end of the country on the regular.

That wouldn’t make it any more exciting than it is now for the bigger clubs, but I’d just personally like more ‘Battle of Britain’ matches. I’m talking more Rangers v Leeds than Forest Green v East Fife, but you know.

Like the Scottish Challenge Cup which now sees clubs from Ireland and English National League involved?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45850285

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 15:30 - Jun 19 with 1980 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 14:11 - Jun 19 by footers

How else could Thai soft drink manufacturers reach out to the British public?

Actually get their drink in shops? I've never literally seen it in shops.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 15:33 - Jun 19 with 1967 viewsBlue_Order

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 15:21 - Jun 19 by Kieran_Knows

Like the Scottish Challenge Cup which now sees clubs from Ireland and English National League involved?

Yeah basically mate. Bohemians 0-0 Sutton United is a fine example to capture the imagination for it too

I think I just want to see 10k Glaswegians coming down the road a few times a season.
Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 15:37 - Jun 19 with 1951 viewsGeoffSentence

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 15:21 - Jun 19 by Kieran_Knows

Or like the Texaco Cup

Which we won back in 73 and which by some people's definition's is another European Trophy to our name.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 15:53 - Jun 19 with 1928 viewssparks

Because it is now a useful practice tool for the prem clubs.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 16:12 - Jun 19 with 1891 viewsSuperblue95

We scrapped all the cups about 15 years ago. I’m looking forward to seeing who gets a bye into round 2 of the league cup tomorrow evening.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Why dont they just scrap the Carabao cup on 16:33 - Jun 19 with 1862 viewsSwansea_Blue

I love a cup competition. I'm surprised they're not more popular.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024