Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
good photos of lightning 14:14 - Jun 19 with 539 viewslowhouseblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48688194

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

good photos of lightning on 14:23 - Jun 19 with 514 viewsStokieBlue

Those are excellent, there is something a bit primordial about lightning. The geek inside me enjoys this website:

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#m=oss;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=;ts=0;

The best storm I ever saw (perhaps 3 storms joining together actually) was in Lake Atitlan. It was insane, lightning literally every 2-3 seconds for well over an hour. Quite a sight with a nice beer and the volcanoes as a backdrop.

This place (although not this storm):

SB

“You may not feel outstandingly robust, but if you are an average-sized adult you will contain within your modest frame no less than 7 X 10^18 joules of potential energy—enough to explode with the force of thirty very large hydrogen bombs, assuming you knew how to liberate it and really wished to make a point."

good photos of lightning on 16:36 - Jun 19 with 443 viewsSwansea_Blue

I took one the other night of a fantastic display - just missed the flashes though

Poll: So then cake aficionados, which is your favourite part of Battenberg?

good photos of lightning on 17:20 - Jun 19 with 409 viewsDeano69

good photos of lightning on 16:36 - Jun 19 by Swansea_Blue

I took one the other night of a fantastic display - just missed the flashes though

I got this just as it struck near me.. Should be as good as new in a few weeks

Poll: Who makes the Final Tonight?

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020