Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV Licences for the over 75s 15:22 - Jun 19 with 3939 viewsGeoffSentence

My Gordon Brown hating, tory voting parents-in-law are livid that their free TV licence is being taken away.

Chuckle

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

TV Licences for the over 75s on 17:17 - Jun 19 with 997 viewsGeoffSentence

TV Licences for the over 75s on 16:38 - Jun 19 by BLUEBEAT

The TV licence is the biggest con going.

Well done BBC.

http://www.bbctvlicence.com/

That's a different argument though, I just found it funny that they never had a good word to say about Gordon Brown and always voted tory despite not being poor and now they are hopping mad that the gift Gordon gave them has been taken away by the very people they voted for.

I can't wait to see their faces when they need social care.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

TV Licences for the over 75s on 17:20 - Jun 19 with 996 viewsfactual_blue

TV Licences for the over 75s on 16:39 - Jun 19 by Chondzoresk

Should be means tested. I know a guy in his late 60s, amazing pension, plays the stock market for fun and still rubs everyone’s nose in it when he proclaims he gets his TV license and money towards his heating bills...like he needs it. Probably why everyone hates him....

If he's in his late sixties, he doesn't get a free TV licence: you have to be over seventy-five.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TV Licences for the over 75s on 17:26 - Jun 19 with 986 viewsPJH

TV Licences for the over 75s on 17:20 - Jun 19 by factual_blue

If he's in his late sixties, he doesn't get a free TV licence: you have to be over seventy-five.

As two of us have already pointed out, although you have done it better.
TV Licences for the over 75s on 17:48 - Jun 19 with 959 viewsBloomBlue

TV Licences for the over 75s on 17:20 - Jun 19 by factual_blue

Maybe he got confused with the free bus pass
TV Licences for the over 75s on 17:54 - Jun 19 with 952 viewsfactual_blue

TV Licences for the over 75s on 17:26 - Jun 19 by PJH

As two of us have already pointed out, although you have done it better.

My apologies. My team clearly didn't spot your post.

I will deal with my team later.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TV Licences for the over 75s on 19:37 - Jun 19 with 911 viewsnorth_stand77

TV Licences for the over 75s on 17:08 - Jun 19 by PJH

Taking my own case in isolation I do not feel at all guilty about accepting whatever I am given in benefits/perks having worked from age 17 until just short of my 63rd birthday apart from breaks due to being made redundant three times.
During that time I contributed in National Insurance and Income Tax(no idea what they are called now)and had very very few days off sick.

When I do feel guilty is when you hear of families living on the breadline or worse but I am not sure if my refusing my £100 per year fuel allowance or not having occasional free bus rides would make too much difference to that.

Basically there are two sides to the argument and if I was means tested then I am comfortable enough to survive without these things but where has the 40 odd years of my NI and Tax gone?

Absolutely agree with this.

There are millions in a similar position who were told that by paying in all their lives, there would be a few benefits later in life. These are gradually being eroded.
TV Licences for the over 75s on 19:40 - Jun 19 with 908 viewsBLUEBEAT

TV Licences for the over 75s on 17:17 - Jun 19 by GeoffSentence

That's a different argument though, I just found it funny that they never had a good word to say about Gordon Brown and always voted tory despite not being poor and now they are hopping mad that the gift Gordon gave them has been taken away by the very people they voted for.

I can't wait to see their faces when they need social care.

Yes, sorry for taking it on a tangent.

Poll: W or W

TV Licences for the over 75s on 22:37 - Jun 19 with 871 viewsPinewoodblue

My Mum, 98 , isn't too pleased that she will have to pay for a TV licence next year.

People do realise that is that nice company, Capita, that collects TV licence fees for the BBC and pursues payment from non payers.. .

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

TV Licences for the over 75s on 22:42 - Jun 19 with 858 viewsPinewoodblue

TV Licences for the over 75s on 17:08 - Jun 19 by PJH

Taking my own case in isolation I do not feel at all guilty about accepting whatever I am given in benefits/perks having worked from age 17 until just short of my 63rd birthday apart from breaks due to being made redundant three times.
During that time I contributed in National Insurance and Income Tax(no idea what they are called now)and had very very few days off sick.

When I do feel guilty is when you hear of families living on the breadline or worse but I am not sure if my refusing my £100 per year fuel allowance or not having occasional free bus rides would make too much difference to that.

Basically there are two sides to the argument and if I was means tested then I am comfortable enough to survive without these things but where has the 40 odd years of my NI and Tax gone?

Winter fuel payment is £200. If two people in the household qualify you get £100 each. If you declined the money the other pensioner in the household would get the £200.

Rather than refuse it the best way is to donate an equal sum to a worthy charity which, with gift, costs the government more.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

TV Licences for the over 75s on 22:54 - Jun 19 with 847 viewsBasuco

By the Tory party, which makes it so funny, it appears not to be widely reported that the Government stopped funding the free over 75 licence to save money and just expected the BBC to pick up the tab. Unsurprisingly the BBC is not keen to absorb the costs of this. I hope you enjoy telling them this.
TV Licences for the over 75s on 00:09 - Jun 20 with 820 viewsjeera

TV Licences for the over 75s on 22:42 - Jun 19 by Pinewoodblue

Winter fuel payment is £200. If two people in the household qualify you get £100 each. If you declined the money the other pensioner in the household would get the £200.

Rather than refuse it the best way is to donate an equal sum to a worthy charity which, with gift, costs the government more.

It does seem odd that someone living in the Canaries still qualifies for the WA.

Of all the things to cut back on I'd have thought that would be a fair shout.

Although I suppose it would a saving of relatively peanuts so no one has bothered maybe.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TV Licences for the over 75s on 01:21 - Jun 20 with 792 viewssyntaxerror

Its ok, Nigel will shut down the lefty BBC, but we will all get the opportunity to subscribe to Fox News and RT
TV Licences for the over 75s on 05:57 - Jun 20 with 760 viewsOldsmoker

TV Licences for the over 75s on 22:37 - Jun 19 by Pinewoodblue

My Mum, 98 , isn't too pleased that she will have to pay for a TV licence next year.

People do realise that is that nice company, Capita, that collects TV licence fees for the BBC and pursues payment from non payers.. .

Capita - the company that destroys the argument that the private sector do it better than the public sector.
When I moved into my flat the landlord told me to ignore the TV license threats for Flat A as it doesn't exist. It's Flats 1,2 and 3.
Every 4 weeks the "we know where you live" threat arrives in the post and is put to one side.
They have never once come round to bust Flat A.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024