Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson Why? 18:56 - Jun 19 with 4225 viewspeterleeblue

Please can someone enlighten me. Are really that stupid that this is going to allowed to happen? It beggars belief it really does.
Please convince me we are not going to hell in a hand cart!
Boris Johnson Why? on 18:58 - Jun 19 with 2538 viewsfooters

Just been speaking to my mum who's voted Tory in every GE she's been able to. She sounded so depressed about the prospect. If the Tory party think decent people will be impressed by him, then they've got a lot wrong here.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:06 - Jun 19 with 2510 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Wow, calm down, you're going to have a heart attack.

"Are we going to allow..."

WE don't have any say!!

Chill man.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:06 - Jun 19 with 2505 viewsgtsb

Boris Johnson Why? on 18:58 - Jun 19 by footers

Just been speaking to my mum who's voted Tory in every GE she's been able to. She sounded so depressed about the prospect. If the Tory party think decent people will be impressed by him, then they've got a lot wrong here.

Yet a few hundred MP's do. It's utter madness. The man is a horrible piece of shoite and once in power will hit the poorest hard to keep his rich friends happy. It's all going to end badly eventually.
Boris Johnson Why? on 19:11 - Jun 19 with 2482 viewspeterleeblue

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:06 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

WE don't have any say!!

Chill man.

I get that MM.
No heart attack here just thoroughly depressed that supposedly bright people are making what seems a quite ludicrous decision.

In a round about way we have created this. BJ as PMis a by product of Brexit is he not?
Boris Johnson Why? on 19:13 - Jun 19 with 2470 viewspeterleeblue

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:06 - Jun 19 by gtsb

Yet a few hundred MP's do. It's utter madness. The man is a horrible piece of shoite and once in power will hit the poorest hard to keep his rich friends happy. It's all going to end badly eventually.

My Concern's entirely.

Which makes at all the more bizarre cant produce a more credible leader of their own.

I can only deduce that Politics is so corrupt that the brightest minds want nothing to do with it.
Boris Johnson Why? on 19:14 - Jun 19 with 2457 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:06 - Jun 19 by gtsb

They're all more interested in possible promotions than the country. Same old Tories.

I wonder if there are any party members on here who'd be willing to defend this shower now?

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:15 - Jun 19 with 2465 viewsJ2BLUE

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:06 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

WE don't have any say!!

Chill man.

These threads aren't about BJ but are more about getting a pat on the back and a few up votes for stating the obvious that BJ is not fit to lead.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:16 - Jun 19 with 2452 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:13 - Jun 19 by peterleeblue

My Concern's entirely.

Which makes at all the more bizarre cant produce a more credible leader of their own.

I can only deduce that Politics is so corrupt that the brightest minds want nothing to do with it.

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:17 - Jun 19 with 2446 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:15 - Jun 19 by J2BLUE

These threads aren't about BJ but are more about getting a pat on the back and a few up votes for stating the obvious that BJ is not fit to lead.

Thought-provoking input as ever.

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:18 - Jun 19 with 2446 viewspeterleeblue

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:14 - Jun 19 by footers

They're all more interested in possible promotions than the country. Same old Tories.

I wonder if there are any party members on here who'd be willing to defend this shower now?

I seriously genuinely cannot understand how anyone would vote Tory ever again!
They are a complete Joke.

Two things for me

1. Wanting to vote for TM's deal if it meant she left. So lets saddle the country with a heap of Sh!te just so their party leader is removed.

2. David Mellor admitting on live TV that he voted Leave as a nuisance vote because he never thought it would actually happen. How could someone so in the know be so reckless with his vote?
Boris Johnson Why? on 19:21 - Jun 19 with 2425 viewspeterleeblue

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:15 - Jun 19 by J2BLUE

Mate I couldn't care a less about Up votes.
I care about hearing from someone perhaps a whole lot more educated on this than me convincing me that BJ is fit to be PM.
By and large this board has reasonable balance on such things there must be a counter argument.
Boris Johnson Why? on 19:24 - Jun 19 with 2408 viewsJ2BLUE

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:21 - Jun 19 by peterleeblue

I care about hearing from someone perhaps a whole lot more educated on this than me convincing me that BJ is fit to be PM.
By and large this board has reasonable balance on such things there must be a counter argument.

It's about the 87th thread on the same topic.

His only defenders are Brexit at all costs types. The Tories are all supporting him because he's their only hope. The Tory members have shown in polls they want Brexit over anything else including the financial health of the country and the future of the Tory party.

Truly impaired.

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:25 - Jun 19 with 2396 viewsfooters

It's pure cynicism, that's all.

They think because he's well-known and a 'character' that it's all right to excuse pretty much everything else about him, including his utter incompetence, when we're at such a critical political juncture.

Party first, country second.

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:25 - Jun 19 with 2398 viewsOldsmoker

"...there must be a counter argument."

I've got nothing.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:28 - Jun 19 with 2383 viewsTrequartista

I think the thing to cling to is that he has held office as Mayor of London and although opinion is split on his performance, he was re-elected for a second term from a very diverse electorate, so he couldn't have done that bad a job.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:39 - Jun 19 with 2341 viewsBloomBlue

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:28 - Jun 19 by Trequartista

I think the thing to cling to is that he has held office as Mayor of London and although opinion is split on his performance, he was re-elected for a second term from a very diverse electorate, so he couldn't have done that bad a job.

And that's the point he won two terms as Mayor of London and London has always been a Labour stronghold. In fact when he won the first term it was one on this Countries biggest political shocks given Labours stronghold on London. Most experts said it was simply a backlash against Adolf Livingstone and he wouldn't win a second term but he did.
Boris Johnson Why? on 19:40 - Jun 19 with 2325 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:11 - Jun 19 by peterleeblue

I get that MM.
No heart attack here just thoroughly depressed that supposedly bright people are making what seems a quite ludicrous decision.

In a round about way we have created this. BJ as PMis a by product of Brexit is he not?

Not sure who "we" is?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:49 - Jun 19 with 2286 viewspeterleeblue

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:40 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure who "we" is?

We in this case is the electorate who voted to leave.
Boris Johnson Why? on 19:52 - Jun 19 with 2285 viewspeterleeblue

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:24 - Jun 19 by J2BLUE

It's about the 87th thread on the same topic.

His only defenders are Brexit at all costs types. The Tories are all supporting him because he's their only hope. The Tory members have shown in polls they want Brexit over anything else including the financial health of the country and the future of the Tory party.

I apologise for starting another thread.

While I don't scour every thread in their entirety most threads seem to cover this as off shoots to a main thread.

I thought I would try and understand how someone I view as something of a comedy character is about to front up running our country.
Boris Johnson Why? on 20:06 - Jun 19 with 2253 views66notout

Donald Trump Why?
Or why the hero worship for a manager brought in with a remit to avoid relegation and whose points-per-game ratio kept us rock-bottom in the worst season in the club’s history and inspired supporters to purchase 25 per cent more season tickets for the subsequent campaign.
Yip, strange times....
Boris Johnson Why? on 20:16 - Jun 19 with 2227 viewsJ2BLUE

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:52 - Jun 19 by peterleeblue

I apologise for starting another thread.

While I don't scour every thread in their entirety most threads seem to cover this as off shoots to a main thread.

I thought I would try and understand how someone I view as something of a comedy character is about to front up running our country.

You don't owe me an explanation. I'm sorry if i've interpreted the thread wrong

Truly impaired.

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:21 - Jun 19 with 2214 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good luck with that. We’re in Trump ‘cult’ territory with Boris. If you’re looking for rational arguments in favour of Boris being PM I suggest not holding your breath. There’s really very little. He’s being appointed on one issue (Brexit), on which he is both delusional and mocked by our fellow Europeans. I struggle to think of a worse candidate, but in the interest of fairness I’m happy to be convinced otherwise, if anyone can answer your request for a convincing argument.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:23 - Jun 19 with 2205 viewspeterleeblue

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:06 - Jun 19 by 66notout

Donald Trump Why?
Or why the hero worship for a manager brought in with a remit to avoid relegation and whose points-per-game ratio kept us rock-bottom in the worst season in the club’s history and inspired supporters to purchase 25 per cent more season tickets for the subsequent campaign.
Yip, strange times....

Regarding PL. I share your opinion. But whisper it quietly its not a popular opinion on here.

I hope he starts well and gets us moving in the right direction. However, we have seen nothing to suggest he might though.

However, the fan base is UNITED so all good.
Boris Johnson Why? on 20:24 - Jun 19 with 2200 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

On the plus side we may see people demanding proper proportional representation.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:27 - Jun 19 with 2191 viewspeterleeblue

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:21 - Jun 19 by Swansea_Blue

Good luck with that. We’re in Trump ‘cult’ territory with Boris. If you’re looking for rational arguments in favour of Boris being PM I suggest not holding your breath. There’s really very little. He’s being appointed on one issue (Brexit), on which he is both delusional and mocked by our fellow Europeans. I struggle to think of a worse candidate, but in the interest of fairness I’m happy to be convinced otherwise, if anyone can answer your request for a convincing argument.

If I am honest the thread has gone the way I thought it would. But I was happy to be convinced otherwise.

Very worrying indeed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024