Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson Why? 18:56 - Jun 19 with 4308 viewspeterleeblue

Please can someone enlighten me. Are really that stupid that this is going to allowed to happen? It beggars belief it really does.
Please convince me we are not going to hell in a hand cart!
Boris Johnson Why? on 20:27 - Jun 19 with 1692 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:52 - Jun 19 by peterleeblue

I apologise for starting another thread.

While I don't scour every thread in their entirety most threads seem to cover this as off shoots to a main thread.

I thought I would try and understand how someone I view as something of a comedy character is about to front up running our country.

You don't need to apologise for anything, mate. You're just giving your perspective and wanting to start an intelligent conversation, which is great.

This is the future leader of our country we're talking about, it needs to be discussed. And if more people responded with intelligent and fair replies as you have done then it would be a better place all round.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:31 - Jun 19 with 1683 viewspeterleeblue

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:27 - Jun 19 by footers

You don't need to apologise for anything, mate. You're just giving your perspective and wanting to start an intelligent conversation, which is great.

This is the future leader of our country we're talking about, it needs to be discussed. And if more people responded with intelligent and fair replies as you have done then it would be a better place all round.

Thanks Mate. I am sure PhilTWTD will be very pleased with the measured discussion going on here rather than an argumentative slag fest.

We are all entitled to an opinion and if someone could give me some good reasons as to BJ's validity as next leader I would respect them.

What is bizarre the press are not even rounding on him!
Boris Johnson Why? on 20:47 - Jun 19 with 1670 viewsfactual_blue

120,000 members of the blue rinse brigade love him, because they think he's a racist.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:52 - Jun 19 with 1655 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:47 - Jun 19 by factual_blue

120,000 members of the blue rinse brigade love him, because they think he's a racist.

Think or know?

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:55 - Jun 19 with 1646 viewspickles110564

Boris Johnson Why? on 18:58 - Jun 19 by footers

Just been speaking to my mum who's voted Tory in every GE she's been able to. She sounded so depressed about the prospect. If the Tory party think decent people will be impressed by him, then they've got a lot wrong here.

Jackanory
Boris Johnson Why? on 20:57 - Jun 19 with 1643 viewspickles110564

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:21 - Jun 19 by peterleeblue

Mate I couldn't care a less about Up votes.
I care about hearing from someone perhaps a whole lot more educated on this than me convincing me that BJ is fit to be PM.
By and large this board has reasonable balance on such things there must be a counter argument.

Reasonable balance?
Boris Johnson Why? on 21:22 - Jun 19 with 1612 viewsSpruceMoose

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:55 - Jun 19 by pickles110564

Jackanory

I guess you'd know about making stuff up.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Boris Johnson Why? on 21:24 - Jun 19 with 1611 viewsfactual_blue

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:52 - Jun 19 by footers

Think or know?

Our downvoting top gearist has answered that for us.

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson Why? on 21:27 - Jun 19 with 1608 viewsfactual_blue

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:25 - Jun 19 by footers

It's pure cynicism, that's all.

They think because he's well-known and a 'character' that it's all right to excuse pretty much everything else about him, including his utter incompetence, when we're at such a critical political juncture.

Party first, country second.

Self first, self second, self third, party fourth, self fifth.....

.....everybody else in the country four hundred and seventy-first.*

* Unless you're not white, in which case you're about eight thousand five hundred and nineteenth.

Boris Johnson Why? on 21:31 - Jun 19 with 1608 viewsfactual_blue

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:21 - Jun 19 by peterleeblue

Mate I couldn't care a less about Up votes.
I care about hearing from someone perhaps a whole lot more educated on this than me convincing me that BJ is fit to be PM.
By and large this board has reasonable balance on such things there must be a counter argument.

Read about Darius Guppy, boris island, the boris bridge, the boris water cannons, bongo-bongo land, Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, the bullingdon club, his views on Liverpool and so on and so on, and you'll realise there isn't a counter-argument.

Ian Hislop said the other night on HIGNFY that boris is clearly unfit to hold any public office whatsoever.

Boris Johnson Why? on 21:35 - Jun 19 with 1596 viewsfactual_blue

Boris Johnson Why? on 19:16 - Jun 19 by footers

To quote Richard Osman, 'many tory MPs think boris is an arse. Except for chris grayling, who thinks he's an elbow.'

Boris Johnson Why? on 21:36 - Jun 19 with 1592 viewsjas0999

Could be worse. Corbyn could be our next PM!

In seriousness, the country is in a right pickle. Tories have failed, yet most sensible folk refuse to vote for a Corbyn led Labour Party either.
Boris Johnson Why? on 21:42 - Jun 19 with 1581 viewseireblue

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:57 - Jun 19 by pickles110564

Reasonable balance?

I think you try your best.

You just don’t have the best material to work with.
Boris Johnson Why? on 21:43 - Jun 19 with 1578 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:55 - Jun 19 by pickles110564

Jackanory

Hi pickles,

I've taken you off ignore since your incessant, impotent downvoting continues, which is a shame as I thought we'd come to some sort of understanding about such childish behaviour?

No, it's not Jackanory. I spoke to my mother after work today. We talked about my grandad's birthday, her bathroom renovation, my chronic alcoholism and the Tory leadership race. She expressed her huge displeasure that Boris would become the next Prime Minister.

Most of my family vote Conservative or UKIP.

Boris Johnson Why? on 21:50 - Jun 19 with 1568 viewsfactual_blue

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:21 - Jun 19 by Swansea_Blue

Good luck with that. We’re in Trump ‘cult’ territory with Boris. If you’re looking for rational arguments in favour of Boris being PM I suggest not holding your breath. There’s really very little. He’s being appointed on one issue (Brexit), on which he is both delusional and mocked by our fellow Europeans. I struggle to think of a worse candidate, but in the interest of fairness I’m happy to be convinced otherwise, if anyone can answer your request for a convincing argument.

I can think of a word quite similar to 'cult' that applies to boris.

Boris Johnson Why? on 22:09 - Jun 19 with 1543 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:31 - Jun 19 by peterleeblue

Thanks Mate. I am sure PhilTWTD will be very pleased with the measured discussion going on here rather than an argumentative slag fest.

We are all entitled to an opinion and if someone could give me some good reasons as to BJ's validity as next leader I would respect them.

What is bizarre the press are not even rounding on him!

The only sensible candidate in the leadership race was Rory Stewart.
Politically, i have been fairly conservative in my voting habits although voted twice for labour under Anthony Blair.
Today, i feel politically homeless.
There are no reasons for BJ,s validity to becoming leader mate. No redeeming features whatsoever. It is going to be a very bumpy ride.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Boris Johnson Why? on 22:46 - Jun 19 with 1501 viewsJuggsy

Without saying too much, I have been lucky enough in my work to have had a tour around the Cabinet Offices and COBR.

The highly experienced person briefing us joked that Boris the buffoon was kept away from all the really important decisions pertaining to my line of work, which gives you an idea of the 'esteem' he is held in by those in the know.

Skip forward 3 years and the buffoon looks nailed on to make all those decisions ..... scary.
Boris Johnson Why? on 22:53 - Jun 19 with 1488 viewsreusersfreekicks

It's baffling to all but the most reactionary. A man of proven little competence and integrity. Caught lying repeatedly. I think Tory members and MPs are deluding themselves as to what he brings.
Scary times
Boris Johnson Why? on 00:27 - Jun 20 with 1455 viewsRyorry

Boris Johnson Why? on 22:53 - Jun 19 by reusersfreekicks

It's baffling to all but the most reactionary. A man of proven little competence and integrity. Caught lying repeatedly. I think Tory members and MPs are deluding themselves as to what he brings.
Scary times

Trump, the Ukranian comic who somehow became President; and now Johnson leads me to the only possible conclusion - ie we are all actually part of a new 'Truman' show ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Truman_Show

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/04/ukraine-comic-turned-president-1904221132

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Boris Johnson Why? on 00:48 - Jun 20 with 1443 viewsjeera

Boris Johnson Why? on 20:16 - Jun 19 by J2BLUE

You don't owe me an explanation. I'm sorry if i've interpreted the thread wrong

I think most normal people are struggling to believe what's unfolding in front of their very eyes, to the point they have to check with others that it's even real.

This is all very hard to comprehend.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Boris Johnson Why? on 05:37 - Jun 20 with 1417 viewspeterleeblue

Boris Johnson Why? on 00:48 - Jun 20 by jeera

I think most normal people are struggling to believe what's unfolding in front of their very eyes, to the point they have to check with others that it's even real.

This is all very hard to comprehend.

and that Jeera is exactly as I see it.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/darkness-brand-brexit-rise-arse-clowns-2116129

Justin Hawkins (The Darkness) was right........
Boris Johnson Why? on 07:36 - Jun 20 with 1382 viewsOldsmoker

It appears that none of the Tory candidates to be PM want to be known as a TIT - Theresa in Trousers.
This might explain why some of them, like Johnson, appear completely bonkers.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024