Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things 19:17 - Jun 19 with 6000 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Off the top of my head, errors that should in reality have been overturned

Good

Marcus Stewart red on Ian Harte against Leeds
Wark red card for foul on Eadie at Carrie Road
Van Nistelrooy’s horrible dive
Ince scoring whilst Forrest was out of his goal
Saunders getting Whelan sent off
O’Callaghan sending off at Watford
Grabban’s offside Derby winner
The assault by Loovens on McGoldrick

Bad

Haynes hand of god at Norwich
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 19:22]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 07:50 - Jun 20 with 1597 viewsbluelagos

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:24 - Jun 19 by EastTownBlue

"Saunders getting Whelan sent off"

It was a penalty, well in Bob Hamer's mind, but there was no sending off.

It's on youtube somewhere. Awful decision but Saunders never dived, was just an appalling decision as Whelan took the ball.

For years I thought he dived but sometimes the blue tinted glasses are just that.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 07:56 - Jun 20 with 1593 viewsbluelagos

One we got away with was Kiwomya's dive at Leeds for a pen to go 3 up. Most of the fans and half the team laughed, and that was before the ref pointed at the spot.

Think we won 4-2 from memory. Late 80s I reckon.

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 07:56 - Jun 20 with 1592 viewsHerbivore

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 21:18 - Jun 19 by Dubtractor

The Bolton playoff second leg?

I jest of course!

I'm assuming you mean it would have been abandoned after they had a fourth player sent off?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 08:09 - Jun 20 with 1586 viewsHerbivore

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 07:56 - Jun 20 by bluelagos

One we got away with was Kiwomya's dive at Leeds for a pen to go 3 up. Most of the fans and half the team laughed, and that was before the ref pointed at the spot.

Think we won 4-2 from memory. Late 80s I reckon.

It was 1992, first season of the Prem. Leeds were the reigning champions.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 08:35 - Jun 20 with 1572 viewsITFC_Forever

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 08:09 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

It was 1992, first season of the Prem. Leeds were the reigning champions.

Not necessarily, we had a 4-2 win at Elland Rd in the late 80s as well..... although I can't remember if Kiwomya won a penalty in that game as well.

Edit: 11th March 1989
https://www.11v11.com/teams/ipswich-town/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Leeds%20Un
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 8:48]

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 09:00 - Jun 20 with 1556 viewsGeoffSentence

The play-off game at Carrow Road.

VAR would have shown clearly that the ball bounced off Berra's knee not his hand. They wouldn't have had a penalty, he wouldn't have been sent off, we would have won.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 11:04]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 10:12 - Jun 20 with 1532 viewsGeoffSentence

Claus Thomsen's goal against Norwich which was then ruled offside - The Invisible Man offside.

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 11:16 - Jun 20 with 1501 viewsPJH

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 10:12 - Jun 20 by GeoffSentence

Claus Thomsen's goal against Norwich which was then ruled offside - The Invisible Man offside.

Do you mean the penalty that was awarded after Claus dived but was then reversed for a fictitious offside?
Login to get fewer ads

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 11:47 - Jun 20 with 1484 viewsskyblue23

Colchester United away 2006 at Layer Road.

We were 1.0 down, Jon Macken scrambled in a rebound to make it 1.1. but it was ruled out for no reason.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 12:00 - Jun 20 with 1472 viewscarlisleaway

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 11:47 - Jun 20 by skyblue23

Colchester United away 2006 at Layer Road.

We were 1.0 down, Jon Macken scrambled in a rebound to make it 1.1. but it was ruled out for no reason.

Watford challenge on Jonny Williams in front of the half way line, he was polaxed and should have been a straight red.
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 12:18 - Jun 20 with 1455 viewsITFC_Forever

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 12:00 - Jun 20 by carlisleaway

Watford challenge on Jonny Williams in front of the half way line, he was polaxed and should have been a straight red.

Wouldn't have changed much... we still won and Williams would still have been injured.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:37 - Jun 20 with 1414 viewsbluelagos

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 08:35 - Jun 20 by ITFC_Forever

Not necessarily, we had a 4-2 win at Elland Rd in the late 80s as well..... although I can't remember if Kiwomya won a penalty in that game as well.

Edit: 11th March 1989
https://www.11v11.com/teams/ipswich-town/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Leeds%20Un
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 8:48]

That's the one. Was at Elland Road and Mervyn Day was in goal from memory.

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:47 - Jun 20 with 1409 viewsParisBlue

One that went in our favour was the Bristol Rovers cup match in 1978. That would have changed our history, but how that game was ever played is beyond me.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:15 - Jun 20 with 1394 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

The penalty Everton got in the quarter final replay back in the mid 80's after we had drawn at Goodison. Think it was given against Osman for handball and always thought it was a dodgy decision.

Pretty sure Zondervan's shot was over the line against them up the road in the Milk Cup Semi Final first leg, thus meaning we would've taken a 2-0 first leg lead
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:16 - Jun 20 with 1392 viewsGeoffSentence

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 11:16 - Jun 20 by PJH

Do you mean the penalty that was awarded after Claus dived but was then reversed for a fictitious offside?

Yeah that's it, a penalty rather than a goal. Was it a dive? I was in the Churchmans that day so didn't have the best of views, but was absolutely livid that it was reversed after the budgies mobbed the ref. Who says they won't change their minds.

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:20 - Jun 20 with 1383 viewsPJH

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:16 - Jun 20 by GeoffSentence

Yeah that's it, a penalty rather than a goal. Was it a dive? I was in the Churchmans that day so didn't have the best of views, but was absolutely livid that it was reversed after the budgies mobbed the ref. Who says they won't change their minds.

The one I am talking about was at Carrot Rud so you would not have had a good view from Churchmans!
The penalty was in a game we lost 2-1, Warky had scored one penalty and was placing the ball for the second one when the ref and lino had a chat and pretended that it was offside-Thomsen did go down very dramatically.
You are obviously talking about something else.
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:28 - Jun 20 with 1374 viewsGeoffSentence

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:20 - Jun 20 by PJH

The one I am talking about was at Carrot Rud so you would not have had a good view from Churchmans!
The penalty was in a game we lost 2-1, Warky had scored one penalty and was placing the ball for the second one when the ref and lino had a chat and pretended that it was offside-Thomsen did go down very dramatically.

Fark me! My head is all over the place. Must have been watcing on the telly box.

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:29 - Jun 20 with 1373 viewsParisBlue

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:20 - Jun 20 by PJH

Kevin Lynch was the referee

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:33 - Jun 20 with 1370 viewsfarkenhell

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:37 - Jun 20 by bluelagos

That's the one. Was at Elland Road and Mervyn Day was in goal from memory.

I remember that one. Great game. I remember Kiwomya's penalty, but don't recall thinking he had dived (mind you, he had the genius knack of going down like a sack of spuds if anyone touched him in the box - much like Eric Gates).

I digress. What I do recall is that Kiwomya and Dalian tore Leeds apart that day, especially in the 2nd half. Twas brilliant to see, although sadly they rarely played together. I went to the match with a few Leeds-supporting mates from Uni. They came out complaining that we had stolen a couple of GB's 4 x 100 team!
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:33 - Jun 20 with 1369 viewsPJH

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:29 - Jun 20 by ParisBlue

Kevin Lynch was the referee

Yes.

I don't think that it should have been a penalty and I imagine the lino told him the same so they had a little chat and one of them must have said "I know, let's pretend it was offside".
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 23:03 - Jun 20 with 1342 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Horseface's penalty in 2002.

Tripped over his own hooves when the ball had gone out of play and the penalty won the game.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 23:06]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 23:09 - Jun 20 with 1315 viewsbluelagos

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:33 - Jun 20 by farkenhell

I remember that one. Great game. I remember Kiwomya's penalty, but don't recall thinking he had dived (mind you, he had the genius knack of going down like a sack of spuds if anyone touched him in the box - much like Eric Gates).

I digress. What I do recall is that Kiwomya and Dalian tore Leeds apart that day, especially in the 2nd half. Twas brilliant to see, although sadly they rarely played together. I went to the match with a few Leeds-supporting mates from Uni. They came out complaining that we had stolen a couple of GB's 4 x 100 team!

I chatted with CK in a pub about 6 months ago and mentioned his dive. He claimed not to remember it :-)

Dont even remember DA playing to be honest. He was very quick, remember that well and describing him as like John Barnes with pace.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024