Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things 19:17 - Jun 19 with 6007 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Off the top of my head, errors that should in reality have been overturned

Good

Marcus Stewart red on Ian Harte against Leeds
Wark red card for foul on Eadie at Carrie Road
Van Nistelrooy’s horrible dive
Ince scoring whilst Forrest was out of his goal
Saunders getting Whelan sent off
O’Callaghan sending off at Watford
Grabban’s offside Derby winner
The assault by Loovens on McGoldrick

Bad

Haynes hand of god at Norwich
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 19:22]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:24 - Jun 19 with 4375 viewsEastTownBlue

"Saunders getting Whelan sent off"

It was a penalty, well in Bob Hamer's mind, but there was no sending off.
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:26 - Jun 19 with 4362 viewsWarkystache

That 'goal' Clive Thomas gave in the '75 FA Cup Semi-Final.

Lucky Hammer bastards

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:36 - Jun 19 with 4350 viewsEwan_Oozami

Savage's dive when Sereni breathed on him

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:49 - Jun 19 with 4328 viewstiptreeblue

Alan Hudson goal for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 1970/71 season. it hit the side of the goal. we lost 2-1
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:43 - Jun 19 with 4265 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:24 - Jun 19 by EastTownBlue

Sorry yes. I knew that. No idea why I thought momentarily he was sent off.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:49 - Jun 19 with 4253 viewsMelford

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:24 - Jun 19 by EastTownBlue

You it's a sh!t decision when you can remember the ref's name nearly 30 years later. I Bob Hamer for that and Keren Barrett for Cambridge away where Craig Forrest got assaulted and the goal was allowed to stand.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:53 - Jun 19 with 4243 viewsPJH

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:49 - Jun 19 by Melford

You it's a sh!t decision when you can remember the ref's name nearly 30 years later. I Bob Hamer for that and Keren Barrett for Cambridge away where Craig Forrest got assaulted and the goal was allowed to stand.

The one that gave the goal that wasn't at Chelsea as mentioned earlier in this thread was Roy Capey and that was approaching 50 years ago-Geoff Hammond's debut for us that day which is not relevant except that he (Hammond not Capey) went to the same primary school as me.
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:53 - Jun 19 with 4239 viewsITFC_Forever

VAR wouldn’t have prevented the Incr goal while Forrest was 30 yards out getting booked...

Surely it’s correct application if the laws of the game in terms of re-starting play. Not sure what VAR would do about that.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 21:09 - Jun 19 with 4209 viewsGeoffSentence

the Villa game last year. I am pretty sure that their comedy penalty would have been overturned and we would have had one ourselves for the clear handball.

In fact, just list any gane that Keith Stroud was in charge of.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 21:12 - Jun 19 with 4202 viewsbluefunk

Ignore me it’s been said
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 21:13]
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 21:13 - Jun 19 with 4193 viewsITFC_Forever

Bad:
League Cup Quarter Final in December 2010. The offence that lead to our penalty v WBA for the 1-0 win was outside the box.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 21:14]

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 21:16 - Jun 19 with 4180 viewsGeoffSentence

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:49 - Jun 19 by tiptreeblue

Alan Hudson goal for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in 1970/71 season. it hit the side of the goal. we lost 2-1

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 21:18 - Jun 19 with 4176 viewsDubtractor

The Bolton playoff second leg?

I jest of course!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 21:20 - Jun 19 with 4168 viewsPJH

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 21:16 - Jun 19 by GeoffSentence

and in the stand on the other side of the dog track behind that goal is me.
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 22:01 - Jun 19 with 4094 viewsPendejo

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 21:16 - Jun 19 by GeoffSentence

I think that is the first time I've seen that oft spoken of "goal", now having seen that... the ref was on that side of the goal, the angle the ball comes out at is impossible if its gone in, footage is better quality than most I've seen from that era.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 22:05 - Jun 19 with 4086 viewsPJH

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 22:01 - Jun 19 by Pendejo

I think that is the first time I've seen that oft spoken of "goal", now having seen that... the ref was on that side of the goal, the angle the ball comes out at is impossible if its gone in, footage is better quality than most I've seen from that era.

Yes, a never to be forgotten moment in my ITFC watching career.

I still cannot understand how the referee came to the conclusion that it had gone in.
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 22:07 - Jun 19 with 4084 viewsTrequartista

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 21:18 - Jun 19 by Dubtractor

The Bolton playoff second leg?

I jest of course!

Not sure what the score would have been, but the game would have not have finished before midnight!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 22:27 - Jun 19 with 4039 viewsPinewoodblue

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 20:49 - Jun 19 by Melford

Didn't a Cambridge player back heel it into the goal fully expecting a foul to be given, or is my memory playing tricks?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 22:33 - Jun 19 with 4021 viewsITFC_Forever

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 22:27 - Jun 19 by Pinewoodblue

Didn't a Cambridge player back heel it into the goal fully expecting a foul to be given, or is my memory playing tricks?

Yep.

The ref then got hit by a battery thrown by a Town fan.

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 22:50 - Jun 19 with 3985 viewsPinewoodblue

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 22:07 - Jun 19 by Trequartista

Not sure what the score would have been, but the game would have not have finished before midnight!

The game would have finished early as Notlob would not have had the minimum number of players on the pitch

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 01:16 - Jun 20 with 3895 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Bolton Town play off first leg 1999. Naylor fouled in penalty area, no pen given. Bolton score only goal 2 mins later.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 06:40 - Jun 20 with 3836 viewsBluespeed225

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 19:26 - Jun 19 by Warkystache

That 'goal' Clive Thomas gave in the '75 FA Cup Semi-Final.

Lucky Hammer bastards

That game should be used in training films for referees. Thomas was/is an arrogant nob, and would have been removed from the list these days. Betting syndicates in the Far East would have been suspected...
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 07:08 - Jun 20 with 3793 viewsSamWhiteUK

Grant Holt and Damian Delaney, Holt diving and rolling everywhere. Fat cheat
ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 07:20 - Jun 20 with 3784 viewsITFC_Forever

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 22:07 - Jun 19 by Trequartista

The same, as there was nothing wrong with the goals we scored.

ITFC matches where VAR would have changed things on 07:45 - Jun 20 with 3740 viewsSuperblue95

Toto Nsialas red card for making a pass against Sheffield Wednesday last season

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024