Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Classy goodbye from Jonas 20:38 - Jun 19 with 6230 viewsMullet

https://www.instagram.com/p/By5wUgKA5j9/?igshid=19wke2bn3dekz

Yet another decent player who should be playing for us in the second tier and won't be. This window is going to really allow us to take stock of the last few years and the foolishness that has engulfed the club.

If Lambert can spot and develop half the players moving on from us, or filling the coffers by moving on again we might just be ok eventually.

Do we even use wyscout anymore or are we down to a bootleg open office style rip off?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:43 - Jun 19 with 4027 viewsJ2BLUE

I wish him all the best but I do wish he had insisted on playing for the second half of last season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:44 - Jun 19 with 4023 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Let it go.

Goodbye Jonas, thanks for your service.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 20:44]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:45 - Jun 19 with 4022 viewsReuser_is_God

More classy than any of his performances on the pitch.

Committed to the cause & all that lark but my god he had zero composure.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:47 - Jun 19 with 3992 viewsMullet

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:43 - Jun 19 by J2BLUE

I wish him all the best but I do wish he had insisted on playing for the second half of last season.

Lambert died on that hill it seems in making a statement of excluding those not committed. Then you see JK at Wigan and he is penalised for that foul and sent off, and it's hard to make a case that he was capable of performing here.

It's hard not to say it backfired for everyone when his agent agitated for a deal, and no one got what they wanted bar the club about to snap up a bargain.

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:50 - Jun 19 with 3969 viewsMullet

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:44 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Let it go.

Goodbye Jonas, thanks for your service.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 20:44]

Let what go? A needless relegation? Mismanagement? Our worst season ever? It's that sort of attitude that will see the club sink while a few delusional types keep pretending this will be the best thing that ever happens to them.

Evans should be held to account for all of this, it's on his watch. Even promotion merely puts us back below where we were by half a league table. There needs to be short, medium and long term improvement as a minimum.

He should have thanked.... on 20:51 - Jun 19 with 3955 viewsBloots

….our previous, previous manager.

Just for a final laugh.

#bantz

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:53 - Jun 19 with 3932 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:50 - Jun 19 by Mullet

Let what go? A needless relegation? Mismanagement? Our worst season ever? It's that sort of attitude that will see the club sink while a few delusional types keep pretending this will be the best thing that ever happens to them.

Evans should be held to account for all of this, it's on his watch. Even promotion merely puts us back below where we were by half a league table. There needs to be short, medium and long term improvement as a minimum.

Let it go. It's done, it's gone. You have zero influence on these matters.

Get behind the lads for next season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

He should have thanked.... on 20:55 - Jun 19 with 3915 viewsPJH

He should have thanked.... on 20:51 - Jun 19 by Bloots

….our previous, previous manager.

Just for a final laugh.

#bantz

He did that about 15 months ago much to the annoyance of some on here.
Login to get fewer ads

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:56 - Jun 19 with 3915 viewsMullet

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:53 - Jun 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

Let it go. It's done, it's gone. You have zero influence on these matters.

Get behind the lads for next season.

Whereas repeating the same meaningless statement in the hope of shutting down the uncomfortable truth is far more fruitful.

The idea of "get behind the lads" as some sort of jibe is pretty priceless too.

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:58 - Jun 19 with 3903 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:50 - Jun 19 by Mullet

As much as I detest Evans, (and I do), I don't think he can be held accountable for Knudsen going to the World Cup and then going all Billy big boll*cks when he came home.

We've done well at left back over the last few years with Cresswell, Mings and then Knudsen, I only hope whoever comes in is as good.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:01 - Jun 19 with 3873 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:56 - Jun 19 by Mullet

Whereas repeating the same meaningless statement in the hope of shutting down the uncomfortable truth is far more fruitful.

The idea of "get behind the lads" as some sort of jibe is pretty priceless too.

You'll give yourself a heart attack.

If having meaningless rants that have zero impact is your thing, then fill your boots.

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:01 - Jun 19 with 3875 viewsMullet

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:58 - Jun 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

As much as I detest Evans, (and I do), I don't think he can be held accountable for Knudsen going to the World Cup and then going all Billy big boll*cks when he came home.

We've done well at left back over the last few years with Cresswell, Mings and then Knudsen, I only hope whoever comes in is as good.

He can be held accountable for far more than that. it's his club, his watch and his decisions that have ultimately put us in a position of strengthening as many rivals as possible and setting us back years.

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:02 - Jun 19 with 3866 viewsBlueBadger

Did he actually do that though?
He's always been professional to a fault.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:03 - Jun 19 with 3856 viewsFunge

He wasn't up to much last year, but those Norwich goals were fun.

Sigh. All the best, I suppose.
Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:05 - Jun 19 with 3838 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:02 - Jun 19 by BlueBadger

Did he actually do that though?
He's always been professional to a fault.

To a fault right up to the point it became clear he and/or his agent were trying to manufacture a move in January.

Other than that, yes, until he got into the Denmark squad, he was always professional.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:07 - Jun 19 with 3821 viewsPJH

I am not sure that he did go all Billy big boll*cks.
I think the first time that there was any suggestion that his time at ITFC might be approaching it's end was when Hurst announced that he(Hurst) was not interested in discussing a new contract for Jonas last September.
By January Jonas was quite reasonably considering new employment as at that point he was potentially going to be out of work on 30th June(as he seemingly still is).
Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:11 - Jun 19 with 3796 viewsMullet

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:03 - Jun 19 by Funge

He wasn't up to much last year, but those Norwich goals were fun.

Sigh. All the best, I suppose.

Who was? The only player who was arguably better under Hurst than Mick was out for a year and touted as one of our most talented thanks to getting his break early on under MM. Perhaps Bishop if you ignore his debut season or average out the injury hit ones?

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:16 - Jun 19 with 3758 viewsFunge

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:11 - Jun 19 by Mullet

Who was? The only player who was arguably better under Hurst than Mick was out for a year and touted as one of our most talented thanks to getting his break early on under MM. Perhaps Bishop if you ignore his debut season or average out the injury hit ones?

Oh, the whole team were total sh1t; let's be under no illusions about that.
Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:38 - Jun 19 with 3687 viewsbobwya

My understanding is that it was Bart who came back from the world cup and went Billy big book*cks
Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:38 - Jun 19 with 3685 viewsFtnfwest

Compared to certain other ‘goodbyes’, very
Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:43 - Jun 19 with 3670 viewsJakeITFC

Alright player, lovely bloke.

Think the timing is right for both player and club to move on, but there is no chance we are getting somebody better in his place.
Classy goodbye from Jonas on 21:56 - Jun 19 with 3622 viewsBLUEBEAT

He did play for us in the second tier

Albeit not particularly well

Poll: W or W

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 08:08 - Jun 20 with 3260 viewsSteve_M

How do you work that one out? Knudsen had one year left on his contract last Summer, it was up to the club to offer him a new one which it failed to do.

Another failure resulting from the lack of any footballing structure and no-one making a decision.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 08:11 - Jun 20 with 3234 viewsHerbivore

That isn't remotely what happened. He came back from the World Cup with a year left on his contract and Hurst very publicly declared that he wasn't going to seek to sort his contract out straight away. It got left until Lambert came in, who immediately couldn't believe we hadn't tied him down to a new contract, but by then we were adrift at the bottom of the league. Can hardly blame him for wanting to look at other options in those circumstances.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 08:18 - Jun 20 with 3222 viewsBiGDonnie

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 20:47 - Jun 19 by Mullet

Lambert died on that hill it seems in making a statement of excluding those not committed. Then you see JK at Wigan and he is penalised for that foul and sent off, and it's hard to make a case that he was capable of performing here.

It's hard not to say it backfired for everyone when his agent agitated for a deal, and no one got what they wanted bar the club about to snap up a bargain.

No one is about to get a bargain. Someone's about to pay him about £10k a week to be an average Joe.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024