Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Classy goodbye from Jonas 20:38 - Jun 19 with 6231 viewsMullet

https://www.instagram.com/p/By5wUgKA5j9/?igshid=19wke2bn3dekz

Yet another decent player who should be playing for us in the second tier and won't be. This window is going to really allow us to take stock of the last few years and the foolishness that has engulfed the club.

If Lambert can spot and develop half the players moving on from us, or filling the coffers by moving on again we might just be ok eventually.

Do we even use wyscout anymore or are we down to a bootleg open office style rip off?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 15:27 - Jun 20 with 488 viewsHerbivore

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 15:23 - Jun 20 by ballycastle

Perhaps MM was hoping to get a club job, sign Knudsen for nothing and take a part of the deal, it happens and is a little naïve to believe otherwise.

Pure devils advocate by the way.

Lol.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 15:29 - Jun 20 with 486 viewsballycastle

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 15:27 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

Lol.

Glad to make you happy, far better than the alternative!
Classy goodbye from Jonas on 15:34 - Jun 20 with 484 viewsHerbivore

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 15:29 - Jun 20 by ballycastle

Glad to make you happy, far better than the alternative!

It was a witty post, kudos.

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 16:09 - Jun 20 with 459 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 15:17 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

You misunderstand me. I do see the bigger picture and agree there have been numerous instances where ME's lack of nous and a lack of an overarching footballing strategy has caused us problems. I just feel that Jonas is a poor example of that given that we could easily have offered him new terms, as we did with Bart, last summer, but the man charged with making such calls was clear that he didn't want to do so.

I have been trying desperately hard not to misunderstand you, but you haven't made it easy!

I agree to differ though.
Classy goodbye from Jonas on 16:36 - Jun 20 with 437 viewsMullet

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 10:18 - Jun 20 by marchy

What form would being held to account take?

That's a really interesting question and while I'm not one for bedsheets and the like, they will be inevitable if this season goes badly.

It's clear that pre and post Mick the club cannot be run successfully by Evans when it is just another cog in his machine. He appoints poorly, goes through phases of interest and financing and has left himself and the club trapped by circumstance.

Simply forgetting mistakes as many and grave as the departure of MM, the succession and subsequent demolition of the club is pitiful though. Pretending things are ok and ignoring what has led us here though because it makes a few look dafter by the week isn't good enough though.

We can't nor shouldn't force ME out, but we do need greater efforts to bridge the gap between fans and the club. As great as something like the fanzone is, or the show videos for people to lap up, they don't answer the questions or problems which have beset us in the last 2 seasons. I'd like to see more fan involvement but it's impossible to imagine what that looks like.

The old guard sitting around clapping him like Soviet lackies every AGM will applaud us back into admin though before the Prem again.

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 16:44 - Jun 20 with 425 viewsHerbivore

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 16:09 - Jun 20 by FrankfurtBlue

I have been trying desperately hard not to misunderstand you, but you haven't made it easy!

I agree to differ though.

I have been pretty clear to be fair.

Classy goodbye from Jonas on 16:44 - Jun 20 with 425 viewsMullet

The fact he's joined Malmo, Bart goes to Millwall and Harrison to Pompey is really intriguing. The two stalwarts under Mick, who were crucial for us and developed here going to clubs above us, albeit one we were in the same relegation battle with.

The Hurst signing who showed scant moments of living up to his potential, goes to a promotion rival and back to a league he's likely to hit double figures in. All after being sidelined by Lambert too.

I really hope the additions we bring in are going to be impressive. Holy has a shot of replicating Bart's rise from Div 3 no doubt. Washington looks like a player we were right to swerve paying £2.5m from during silly season. Any hope of Keane or Eaves? Swindon were linked with Keane last night. You'd think we could outmuscle them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024