Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect 08:44 - Jun 20 with 5865 viewspickles110564

their vote?
Will this make the Brexit Party stronger in the North?

On LBC this morning a couple of callers all stated that they will look to vote elsewhere.
Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:17 - Jun 20 with 2500 viewsHerbivore

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:16 - Jun 20 by hampstead_blue

Tony Blair is a war criminal who lied to us about the 2nd Gulf War.
He should be at the Hague on trial.

Sorry but he can burn for all I care. I really do not like him.

What specific war crimes did he commit?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:27 - Jun 20 with 2493 viewsgordon

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 10:33 - Jun 20 by hampstead_blue

I wasn't saying that the reason people wanted a 2nd bite was solely due to the way it's been run.
It is true, and remainers must concede that the EU and their supporters over here have been flat out with propoganda for so long. Tony Blair has been all over the tv and news along with other has-beens.

The referendum was offered as a one shot deal. I heard the speech Cameron gave just the other day. I'm sure he said is wasn't 'best of three'.

I do hear the arguement for remain. I also don't agree with it. If those who voted leave had been as vocal as the remaines we'd have been told to jog-on.

It's undeliverable though innit. Doesn't matter what you were told beforehand. After we pass the October 31st deadline without managing to get anywhere, the second referendum will become a bit more attractive as an escape route from the whole nightmare.
Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:32 - Jun 20 with 2479 viewshampstead_blue

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:27 - Jun 20 by gordon

It's undeliverable though innit. Doesn't matter what you were told beforehand. After we pass the October 31st deadline without managing to get anywhere, the second referendum will become a bit more attractive as an escape route from the whole nightmare.

It's a right mess I agree. But once we are out and things settle it willbe better.

If you can't leave the EU, because it would be too painful, then you are effectively stuck.
There was that American Horror series 'Hotel'. Seems like that too me.

If they are so desperate to make it impossible to leave the EU, then that alone is a reason to get out.
We would then be force fed EU gruel forever and a day. What is the point of Article 50 if you can never leave?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:32 - Jun 20 with 2472 viewsHerbivore

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:27 - Jun 20 by gordon

Other than a GE it's the only realistic way out. Parliament won't back something resembling May's deal, there is no other deal possible, and Parliament also won't back no deal. It's a total deadlock.

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:33 - Jun 20 with 2477 viewsPinewoodblue

the Peoples vote will only be binding if it is the right result.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:37 - Jun 20 with 2464 viewsHerbivore

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:32 - Jun 20 by hampstead_blue

It's a right mess I agree. But once we are out and things settle it willbe better.

If you can't leave the EU, because it would be too painful, then you are effectively stuck.

If they are so desperate to make it impossible to leave the EU, then that alone is a reason to get out.
We would then be force fed EU gruel forever and a day. What is the point of Article 50 if you can never leave?

That first paragraph is pure faith though, there is literally nothing to support that view other than faith.

And it is eminently possible to leave the EU, you just have to accept you're likely to be poorer as a result.

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:38 - Jun 20 with 2461 viewsHerbivore

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:33 - Jun 20 by Pinewoodblue

the Peoples vote will only be binding if it is the right result.

They can easily legislate to make the result binding rather than advisory. It's interesting that you see there being a right result but see wanting the right result as a bad thing.

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:39 - Jun 20 with 2467 viewschicoazul

Wait, what? When have they said this?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:42 - Jun 20 with 2460 viewsSpruceMoose

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 09:36 - Jun 20 by hampstead_blue

A labour voter from the North was on the Today program. She's never voted anyone but Labour but now will vote Brexit party.

Telling.

Margaret Beckett was also on. Her arguement for a second referendum was ridiculous. She was stuttering, stalling, had nothing to say.

Another former Labour chancellor Alistair Darling was so honest and pragmatic. He's telling Labour to honour the vote and get out. He likened it to the Scottish vote. One vote, one decision.

A Labour voter from the East, me, has never voted for anyone but Labour but will currently vote Green or Lib Dem.

Telling.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 11:45]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:44 - Jun 20 with 2455 viewsgordon

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:32 - Jun 20 by hampstead_blue

The argument for leaving is that it's impossible to do so without significant negative consequences?
Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:45 - Jun 20 with 2454 viewsSpruceMoose

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 10:33 - Jun 20 by hampstead_blue

I wasn't saying that the reason people wanted a 2nd bite was solely due to the way it's been run.
It is true, and remainers must concede that the EU and their supporters over here have been flat out with propoganda for so long. Tony Blair has been all over the tv and news along with other has-beens.

The referendum was offered as a one shot deal. I heard the speech Cameron gave just the other day. I'm sure he said is wasn't 'best of three'.

I do hear the arguement for remain. I also don't agree with it. If those who voted leave had been as vocal as the remaines we'd have been told to jog-on.

I find it terrifying that you used to work in intelligence if this is a typical example of how you mangle and twist information.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:46 - Jun 20 with 2440 viewsHerbivore

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:44 - Jun 20 by gordon

The argument for leaving is that it's impossible to do so without significant negative consequences?

I'm not sure much thought has been applied to his arguments. His main argument seems to be "I love Brexit, me".

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:51 - Jun 20 with 2433 viewsSpruceMoose

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:46 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

I'm not sure much thought has been applied to his arguments. His main argument seems to be "I love Brexit, me".

It does rather come across as the Kevin Keegan rant of the Brexit world.

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:03 - Jun 20 with 2409 viewshampstead_blue

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:44 - Jun 20 by gordon

It will be a classic J curve.

Uncertainty is seen as a negative for economists. I spoke with a senoior econmist last summer about this.
He agreed with my J curve thought but also told me that they (the economists) will always factor uncertainty as a negative in their models. That's why the vote remain arguement was 'economic doom, recession et all' but that's not happened.

Evan Davis on PM has recently run a series challanging standard economic theory. It was fascinating at how the standard models fall down in a much changed society.

I'm worried about the short term, of course I am. However as a nation we are ruddy good at business so have confidence that the entrepreneurs and big business will adapt for the better but also the politicians (if they want a progressive future) will also adapt to allow us to benefit.

Oh, Sruce Moose.....my thoughts on paper do have rational reasoning behind them. Tust me.

I think we should book a room in a pub and all have a darn goo friendly debate. I think we'd all get along once we actually meet, listen and get to hear what's behind the written word.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:06 - Jun 20 with 2405 viewsSpruceMoose

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:03 - Jun 20 by hampstead_blue

Uncertainty is seen as a negative for economists. I spoke with a senoior econmist last summer about this.
He agreed with my J curve thought but also told me that they (the economists) will always factor uncertainty as a negative in their models. That's why the vote remain arguement was 'economic doom, recession et all' but that's not happened.

Evan Davis on PM has recently run a series challanging standard economic theory. It was fascinating at how the standard models fall down in a much changed society.

I'm worried about the short term, of course I am. However as a nation we are ruddy good at business so have confidence that the entrepreneurs and big business will adapt for the better but also the politicians (if they want a progressive future) will also adapt to allow us to benefit.

Oh, Sruce Moose.....my thoughts on paper do have rational reasoning behind them. Tust me.

I think we should book a room in a pub and all have a darn goo friendly debate. I think we'd all get along once we actually meet, listen and get to hear what's behind the written word.

Sigh. Is that some kind of thinly veiled threat?

I'd rather hear your rational reasoning on here. Just type whatever it is you're planning on saying/punching.

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:11 - Jun 20 with 2388 viewspickles110564

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:39 - Jun 20 by chicoazul

Wait, what? When have they said this?

Tom Watson was on LBC this morning stating they will become a Remain and second vote party.
Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:11 - Jun 20 with 2383 viewsHerbivore

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:03 - Jun 20 by hampstead_blue

Leaving does not end the uncertainty. Even with a deal.

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:11 - Jun 20 with 2386 viewsCoachRob

This is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard in my life. Economics is a belief system, a religion if you like, the models fail because they don't model society e.g. homo economicus.
Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:13 - Jun 20 with 2381 viewsgiant_stow

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:11 - Jun 20 by pickles110564

Tom Watson was on LBC this morning stating they will become a Remain and second vote party.

He can say what he likes - doesn't mean its policy, especially as he seems about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool with jezzer's head honchos.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:13 - Jun 20 with 2379 viewsSwansea_Blue

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:16 - Jun 20 by hampstead_blue

Tony Blair is a war criminal who lied to us about the 2nd Gulf War.
He should be at the Hague on trial.

Sorry but he can burn for all I care. I really do not like him.

He still knows more about our relationship with the EU though.

The Gulf War is a separate issue. I'm no fan for his either and thik he did immense damage to the UK's standing and security, but it doesn't affect his knowledge and judgment on the Brexit situation.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:38 - Jun 20 with 2340 viewsGlasgowBlue

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 11:17 - Jun 20 by Herbivore

What specific war crimes did he commit?

I don’t know but the shadow chancellor wants to arrest him for them.

[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 12:38]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:44 - Jun 20 with 2323 viewsWeWereZombies

I do not know enough about economics to even know what a 'J' curve is, something like the 'hockey stick' in Al Gore's climate change scenarios? And, whilst I do not doubt that some businesses would flourish in a post Brexit United KIngdom (or what was left of the United Kingdom) it should be clear that not all would. More importantly, businesses are just a conduit for economic well being and it is the population and the future of the state that is critical and of that I think we have good reason to remain cautious at least and probably pessimistic.

Apart from that I am in agreement.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:45 - Jun 20 with 2323 viewsfooters

Where are the Brexit Party on policies at the mo? Policy was to be decided by membership, right?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 13:17 - Jun 20 with 2287 viewschicoazul

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:11 - Jun 20 by pickles110564

lol right

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 13:31 - Jun 20 with 2271 viewspickles110564

Now that Labour are a full on Remain and second referendum will that affect on 12:13 - Jun 20 by giant_stow

He can say what he likes - doesn't mean its policy, especially as he seems about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool with jezzer's head honchos.

A Unite spokesman has just confirmed this just as well on the Andrew Neil show currently running.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024