Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are all in this together 11:15 - Jun 20 with 787 viewsPinewoodblue

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/iain-dale/jeremy-hunt-free-tv-license-mps

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

We are all in this together on 11:40 - Jun 20 with 753 viewsOldsmoker

It is, as 'unt says, a legitimate expense that MP's can claim.
My point is, why should it be?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

We are all in this together on 11:46 - Jun 20 with 738 viewschicoazul

This is a tough one as I agree with everything Hunt says, everything Dale says, and the sentiment behind the original question.

Here is the license fee thing though. The Tories gave the BBC the option to give >75s a free license and also gave them the option to withdraw it. The BBC gave it and subsequently have withdrawn it and the Tories are pretending to be up in arms about it. So this pearl clutching from the Tories is, as ever, mendacious bllsht.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We are all in this together on 11:48 - Jun 20 with 724 viewsDanTheMan

We are all in this together on 11:46 - Jun 20 by chicoazul

This is a tough one as I agree with everything Hunt says, everything Dale says, and the sentiment behind the original question.

Here is the license fee thing though. The Tories gave the BBC the option to give >75s a free license and also gave them the option to withdraw it. The BBC gave it and subsequently have withdrawn it and the Tories are pretending to be up in arms about it. So this pearl clutching from the Tories is, as ever, mendacious bllsht.

I thought what happened was the Government was paying for the over 75s, then decided they no longer wished to do that and made the BBC pay for it, then get annoyed when the BBC said they couldn't fund all of it.

Despite it being them in the first place not being willing to pay for it.

There's a really simple solution if they actually cared.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

We are all in this together on 11:50 - Jun 20 with 719 viewschicoazul

We are all in this together on 11:48 - Jun 20 by DanTheMan

I thought what happened was the Government was paying for the over 75s, then decided they no longer wished to do that and made the BBC pay for it, then get annoyed when the BBC said they couldn't fund all of it.

Despite it being them in the first place not being willing to pay for it.

There's a really simple solution if they actually cared.

Oh maybe that's it. It was something like that anyway.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We are all in this together on 11:53 - Jun 20 with 707 viewsDanTheMan

We are all in this together on 11:50 - Jun 20 by chicoazul

Oh maybe that's it. It was something like that anyway.

You're right though, as is Hunt. I think that's a perfectly fine use for an expense. The guy asking isn't wrong for questioning it either.

Honestly, I don't care what the big problem with this is. BBC are still paying for those on benefits, people who aren't really should be able to afford £12 a month or whatever it is.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024