Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Password breach? 12:17 - Jun 20 with 4230 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

How come User passwords for this site are available to purchase on hacking websites?

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Password breach? on 12:20 - Jun 20 with 3576 viewsSuperblue95

How much is mine worth?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Password breach? on 12:21 - Jun 20 with 3573 viewsTractorWood

No idea. As long as they don't post guardian articles I'm not that bothered.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Password breach? on 12:23 - Jun 20 with 3554 viewsPhilTWTD

There was a breach in January, although that's the first time we've heard that passwords are on sale. Everyone was forced to change passwords at the time.

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement 15th Jan 2019 16:00
TWTD has been made aware of a possible data breach and as a result all users should change their passwords. 0

Password breach? on 12:23 - Jun 20 with 3553 viewsSteve_M

Because it got hacked last year and Gav got everyone to change their password.

Although Malcy, ever the trendsetter, used to get hacked every Saturday night about closing time.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Password breach? on 12:23 - Jun 20 with 3540 viewschicoazul

Thanks for the heads up boyo

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Password breach? on 12:34 - Jun 20 with 3459 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mine was specific to this site, so not if someone buys mine its a bit of a waste.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Password breach? on 12:36 - Jun 20 with 3460 viewsSitfcB

Where?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Password breach? on 12:37 - Jun 20 with 3455 viewsDanTheMan

Usual reminder from me to:
- Not reuse passwords between sites.
- Use a password manager.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Password breach? on 12:37 - Jun 20 with 3448 viewsPhilTWTD

Password breach? on 12:36 - Jun 20 by SitfcB

Where?

Probably not sensible for a location to be posted.
Password breach? on 12:40 - Jun 20 with 3428 viewsgiant_stow

I've held out changing mine cos I'm attached to it.

If I start posting good posts, you'll know its a hacker.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Password breach? on 12:42 - Jun 20 with 3409 viewsfooters

More importantly, what are you doing on those sites, eh?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Password breach? on 12:44 - Jun 20 with 3390 viewsclive_baker

Password breach? on 12:34 - Jun 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Mine was specific to this site, so not if someone buys mine its a bit of a waste.

Mine wasn’t, but it is now having changed the other site I used it on and the same time as I changed it on here.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Password breach? on 12:45 - Jun 20 with 3389 viewsSuperblue95

Password breach? on 12:40 - Jun 20 by giant_stow

I've held out changing mine cos I'm attached to it.

If I start posting good posts, you'll know its a hacker.

I look forward to somebody hacking your account and posting a series of ‘Delia Die’ and ‘Uppa Towen’ threads

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Password breach? on 12:51 - Jun 20 with 3337 viewsGuthrum

Password breach? on 12:37 - Jun 20 by DanTheMan

How secure are password managers? Genuine question, as always sounded an iffy idea to me.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Password breach? on 13:16 - Jun 20 with 3231 viewschicoazul

Password breach? on 12:37 - Jun 20 by DanTheMan

May I ask what I am sure is an idiotic question here?

What if someone gets my password to my password manager site?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Password breach? on 13:19 - Jun 20 with 3217 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Password breach? on 12:23 - Jun 20 by PhilTWTD

There was a breach in January, although that's the first time we've heard that passwords are on sale. Everyone was forced to change passwords at the time.

TWTD Possible Data Breach Announcement 15th Jan 2019 16:00
TWTD has been made aware of a possible data breach and as a result all users should change their passwords. 0

One of the hackers used my password for my amazon account and bought themselves a NCFC 18/19 season highlights DVD.

Are you liable for these charges?

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Password breach? on 13:25 - Jun 20 with 3168 viewsfooters

Password breach? on 13:19 - Jun 20 by SimonCleggsNeck

One of the hackers used my password for my amazon account and bought themselves a NCFC 18/19 season highlights DVD.

Are you liable for these charges?

What insult to injury! How long is the DVD, ten minutes?

Password breach? on 13:36 - Jun 20 with 3126 viewsDanTheMan

Password breach? on 13:16 - Jun 20 by chicoazul

May I ask what I am sure is an idiotic question here?

What if someone gets my password to my password manager site?

@Guthrum as well for this.

1. Depends on the provider, however their entire business model for the paid ones generally revolves around securing passwords. That's basically all they do. If they did it badly and a full breach happens their entire business goes down the pan. I don't know any cyber security people who don't use one, so make of that what you will.

So an article here from Troy Hunt just to make the point in a better way than I have:
https://www.troyhunt.com/password-managers-dont-have-to-be-perfect-they-just-hav

And for you chicers, then you're a bit screwed really. So you make the password a good one.

The best passwords are long. Forget random characters, forget numbers, just long. Four or five words with spaces in is usually pretty damn good and near impossible to brute force. The comic that is often posted about this:

And it'll be way easier to remember.

If you only visit a few sites and don't care about logging on from your phone for example, then you could quite legitimately keep a little pad with your usernames and passwords on.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 13:38]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Password breach? on 14:07 - Jun 20 with 3065 viewsGuthrum

Password breach? on 13:36 - Jun 20 by DanTheMan

1. Depends on the provider, however their entire business model for the paid ones generally revolves around securing passwords. That's basically all they do. If they did it badly and a full breach happens their entire business goes down the pan. I don't know any cyber security people who don't use one, so make of that what you will.

So an article here from Troy Hunt just to make the point in a better way than I have:
https://www.troyhunt.com/password-managers-dont-have-to-be-perfect-they-just-hav

And for you chicers, then you're a bit screwed really. So you make the password a good one.

The best passwords are long. Forget random characters, forget numbers, just long. Four or five words with spaces in is usually pretty damn good and near impossible to brute force. The comic that is often posted about this:

If you only visit a few sites and don't care about logging on from your phone for example, then you could quite legitimately keep a little pad with your usernames and passwords on.

Thanks Dan.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Password breach? on 14:13 - Jun 20 with 3042 viewsgiant_stow

I'm confused - I thought using words as passwords was a real no no.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Password breach? on 14:16 - Jun 20 with 3027 viewsfooters

Password breach? on 14:13 - Jun 20 by giant_stow

I'm confused - I thought using words as passwords was a real no no.

The alphabet is base 26, or 52 if you count caps, so harder to guess a longer series of words, I think I'm right in saying?

Password breach? on 14:20 - Jun 20 with 3011 viewsgiant_stow

Password breach? on 14:16 - Jun 20 by footers

The alphabet is base 26, or 52 if you count caps, so harder to guess a longer series of words, I think I'm right in saying?

Fair enough, but does a long series of gibberish charavcters (noted somewhere secure) beat a long series of words? Do password guessing programmes start with words or assume nothing?

Password breach? on 14:22 - Jun 20 with 3000 viewsfooters

Password breach? on 14:20 - Jun 20 by giant_stow

Fair enough, but does a long series of gibberish charavcters (noted somewhere secure) beat a long series of words? Do password guessing programmes start with words or assume nothing?

I'm afraid you'll have to ask someone smarter than dear old footers for a proper reply.

I just use 'password' as it's so obvious they'd never think of using it.

Password breach? on 14:31 - Jun 20 with 2963 viewsgiant_stow

Password breach? on 14:22 - Jun 20 by footers

I'm afraid you'll have to ask someone smarter than dear old footers for a proper reply.

I just use 'password' as it's so obvious they'd never think of using it.

Ah your using jedi mind powers - quality, but we don;t all have that skill.

If someone in the know does reply, can you also answer another query please? Seems to me that a person's primary email address is perhaps the most important thing to keep secure - lose access to this and you really are fcked,. True?

Password breach? on 14:40 - Jun 20 with 2926 viewschicoazul

Thank you brother!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024