Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
11 points minimum in August? 12:42 - Jun 20 with 2326 viewsSitfcB

Lambert needs a good start.

10 points minimum in September.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

11 points minimum in August? on 12:48 - Jun 20 with 2289 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Maybe, who knows.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

11 points minimum in August? on 12:49 - Jun 20 with 2283 viewsclive_baker

To only win 3 from the first 6 would be disappointing given we have the sides that finished 20th and 18th last season, both at home. Both we should be beating. That means winning 1 out of 4 vs Bolton who are a real c0ck up, Sunderland who didn’t look anything special last season (at home) and Peterborough & Burton, who we should expect to be stronger than. I would be underwhelmed with that return.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

11 points minimum in August? on 12:50 - Jun 20 with 2280 viewsCoastalblue

What Lambert needs is to be top two when the season finishes, short term aims whilst positive aren't really the rquirement.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

11 points minimum in August? on 12:50 - Jun 20 with 2270 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

11 points minimum in August? on 12:49 - Jun 20 by clive_baker

To only win 3 from the first 6 would be disappointing given we have the sides that finished 20th and 18th last season, both at home. Both we should be beating. That means winning 1 out of 4 vs Bolton who are a real c0ck up, Sunderland who didn’t look anything special last season (at home) and Peterborough & Burton, who we should expect to be stronger than. I would be underwhelmed with that return.

One game at a time folks.

Lets not start talking about being disappointed already.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

11 points minimum in August? on 12:51 - Jun 20 with 2269 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

11 points minimum in August? on 12:50 - Jun 20 by Coastalblue

What Lambert needs is to be top two when the season finishes, short term aims whilst positive aren't really the rquirement.

Agreed.

11 points minimum in August? on 12:51 - Jun 20 with 2270 viewsReuser_is_God

Agreed.

Although I think we'll be a slow burner.

Around 7th/8th for the first few months then come the autumn we'll storm it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

11 points minimum in August? on 12:58 - Jun 20 with 2234 viewsGuthrum

A good start would be nice, but we have players adjusting to a new level, with teams playing a differnt style, different standards of refereeing, different pitches and so on. All sorts of things could happen. Ambitious teams will be targeting us as "big boys".

We ought to be winning more often than not, but demanding it from the outset is not helpful.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

11 points minimum in August? on 13:27 - Jun 20 with 2155 viewsChocorange

11 points minimum in August? on 12:50 - Jun 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

One game at a time folks.

Lets not start talking about being disappointed already.

I take it you expect us to storm league 1 , winning every game? If we have nothing to fear and are going to win the first3, do tell which games you don't see us winning?

' Sunderland who didn't look anything special 'lost the play off final....just!
Peterborough is the team that is being talked about most in league 1 in terms of the positive recruitment to build on just missing the play offs ...

No issue with games 4, 5 and 6 , we should be looking to win them.

However games 1, 2 and 3 are 3 of the tougher games in this division. Granted going back only a season or so , we would have expected to win all 3, but we are not that team any longer! Many of those players have gone.

A touch of realism needed, if we we the first 3, we will have done very well. I hope we do, but taking it for granted as you seem to be doing is exactly the dangerous mindset we don't need the players to have. They have to go out , play and earn it.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 13:28]
Login to get fewer ads

11 points minimum in August? on 15:54 - Jun 20 with 2046 viewsCoastalblue

11 points minimum in August? on 13:27 - Jun 20 by Chocorange

I take it you expect us to storm league 1 , winning every game? If we have nothing to fear and are going to win the first3, do tell which games you don't see us winning?

' Sunderland who didn't look anything special 'lost the play off final....just!
Peterborough is the team that is being talked about most in league 1 in terms of the positive recruitment to build on just missing the play offs ...

No issue with games 4, 5 and 6 , we should be looking to win them.

However games 1, 2 and 3 are 3 of the tougher games in this division. Granted going back only a season or so , we would have expected to win all 3, but we are not that team any longer! Many of those players have gone.

A touch of realism needed, if we we the first 3, we will have done very well. I hope we do, but taking it for granted as you seem to be doing is exactly the dangerous mindset we don't need the players to have. They have to go out , play and earn it.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 13:28]

That's either a long reply to the wrong post, or I'm confused?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

11 points minimum in August? on 17:20 - Jun 20 with 1972 viewsChocorange

11 points minimum in August? on 15:54 - Jun 20 by Coastalblue

That's either a long reply to the wrong post, or I'm confused?

Well spotted .....deliberate mistake

Should have been a rely to Clive baker's
11 points minimum in August? on 17:22 - Jun 20 with 1970 viewsChocorange

This one... Is the one I was replying to...
11 points minimum in August? on 20:26 - Aug 24 with 1596 viewsSitfcB

With a game to spare...!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

11 points minimum in August? on 20:37 - Aug 24 with 1512 viewsGirthyguy

11 points minimum in August? on 20:26 - Aug 24 by SitfcB

With a game to spare...!

14 hopefully would be nice. Surely we have had the toughest start and we are top.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024