Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? 13:21 - Jun 20 with 2461 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Almost everyone I have spoken to has moaned about how poorly they've fallen.

Me included.

Every new ground I hoped to go to has fallen on one of the few weekends where I already have commitments.

A couple of easy away games to get to in midweek (MK Dons and Wimbledon) have both fallen on work conferences in the South with no way of getting back in time.

Of about 8 things I was hoping to happen on a 50/50 chance only 1 did!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 13:29 - Jun 20 with 2427 viewsKTBlue

Yep, me too. 7 or 8 i'd pencilled are less than 50 50.
Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 13:35 - Jun 20 with 2410 viewsTractorCam

Very good for me! The only hope is that the 2 new grounds for me on international don't get postponed, other than that very happy!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 13:45 - Jun 20 with 2397 viewsLocky

My family are all Ipswich fans but my husband and his family are Norwich fans and we live in Norwich. (I know, sorry!) Annoying to see that there are a few potential fixtures clashes this season as it makes things tricky for childcare!

Sat 14 Sept Ipswich v Doncaster (H)
Sat 14 Sept Norwich v Man City (H)

Sat 15 Feb Ipswich v Burton Albion (H)
Sat 8/15 Feb Norwich v Liverpool (H)

Sat 21 March Ipswich v Portsmouth (H)
Sat 21 March Norwich v Everton (H)

Hopefully the Norwich matches will be moved around and they'll play their winter break game on 8 Feb.
Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 13:49 - Jun 20 with 2379 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 13:45 - Jun 20 by Locky

My family are all Ipswich fans but my husband and his family are Norwich fans and we live in Norwich. (I know, sorry!) Annoying to see that there are a few potential fixtures clashes this season as it makes things tricky for childcare!

Hopefully the Norwich matches will be moved around and they'll play their winter break game on 8 Feb.

It's nice to see that he is still close to his family, despite choosing to marry outside of it!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 13:53 - Jun 20 with 2373 viewstextbackup

Had to book off 1 late shift, and taken 5 half days on Saturdays (to get to home games)

Can get in 5/6 decent always with no leave required.

I'm happy

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 13:55 - Jun 20 with 2364 viewsmonty_radio

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 13:45 - Jun 20 by Locky

So the attractions are: Doncaster, Burton, Portsmouth set against Man City, Liverpool and Everton.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 14:00 - Jun 20 with 2341 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 13:53 - Jun 20 by textbackup

Had to book off 1 late shift, and taken 5 half days on Saturdays (to get to home games)

Can get in 5/6 decent always with no leave required.

I'm happy

Can you swap shifts, rather than using holiday?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 14:03 - Jun 20 with 2324 viewsflimflam

Peterborough away was one i was looking forward to but is now a no no.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 14:04 - Jun 20 with 2325 viewsitfc_bucks

All of my convenient away games fall well into the first half of the season
Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 14:43 - Jun 20 with 2258 viewsLocky

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 13:49 - Jun 20 by WarkTheWarkITFC

It's nice to see that he is still close to his family, despite choosing to marry outside of it!

Ha ha, yep, surprisingly, he didn't marry his sister!
Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 14:47 - Jun 20 with 2243 viewslinhdi

Not bad. Have to decide between Rochdale A or England h game - grr. Fleetwood a is during Blackpool illuminations, which is cool.
Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 14:47 - Jun 20 with 2241 viewsLocky

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 13:55 - Jun 20 by monty_radio

So the attractions are: Doncaster, Burton, Portsmouth set against Man City, Liverpool and Everton.

I know, there's no comparison is there?! At least we might actually have a chance of winning our games.

After the horror of last season, which I'm still recovering from, I'm hoping things will be slightly better this year! Amazing how many Norwich fans come out of the woodwork and seem to be experts!
Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 15:01 - Jun 20 with 2220 viewsIpswichKnight

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 14:03 - Jun 20 by flimflam

Peterborough away was one i was looking forward to but is now a no no.

That's actually worked out well for me, coming back from holiday in Scotland that weekend so was hoping for a trip near the A1 or on the East Coast mainline ( might be staying in Leeds on the Firday night ) so Peterborough is perfect.

Southend on the other hand, all my family support Saaarrrfend and have been giving it large about how they will do us, I was quite looking forward to seeing us do them over and be smug about it, however it's fallen on the wife's birthday and she is talking about going away for it.
Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 15:53 - Jun 20 with 2177 viewstextbackup

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 14:00 - Jun 20 by ITFC_Forever

Can you swap shifts, rather than using holiday?

Not worth the hassle asking, not really a helpful bunch who I work with.
Plus wife works every other sat, so need to consider childcare.
(Btw this might be the most boring TWTD post ever lol)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 17:29 - Jun 20 with 2096 viewsflimflam

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 15:01 - Jun 20 by IpswichKnight

That's actually worked out well for me, coming back from holiday in Scotland that weekend so was hoping for a trip near the A1 or on the East Coast mainline ( might be staying in Leeds on the Firday night ) so Peterborough is perfect.

Southend on the other hand, all my family support Saaarrrfend and have been giving it large about how they will do us, I was quite looking forward to seeing us do them over and be smug about it, however it's fallen on the wife's birthday and she is talking about going away for it.

Biggest disappointment is Wimbledon on a Tuesday night!

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 17:35 - Jun 20 with 2087 viewsFifeITFC

Yeah, spot on for me. 46 League Fixtures, mostly on a Saturday between August and May.

Exactly what I was hoping for.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 22:27 - Jun 20 with 1974 viewsDurovigutum

Rubbish.

I'm away all August, live near Peterborough, wanted to see Sunderland at home, have a friend whose MKDons and we were going to go watch that.

Portsmouth away is the Saturday before Christmas. Hopeless.
Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 22:36 - Jun 20 with 1955 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Looks like Christmas at home then up to Lincoln followed by New Year at my mum's 10 miles away from Wycombe New Year's Day....which is good.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 09:18 - Jun 21 with 1769 viewsbrazil1982

Remarkabley, yes.

Hoping to go to most northern games this year.
Anyone actually had the fixtures fall kindly for them? on 09:21 - Jun 21 with 1762 viewshandslikeplates

Living in Aylesbury I’m looking forward to Wycombe away on New Year’s Day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024