Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Boris nailed on to be PM are they now running down the clock? 18:28 - Jun 20 with 2628 viewspickles110564

Will also be interesting another Remainer against a leaver
With Boris nailed on to be PM are they now running down the clock? on 20:08 - Jun 20 with 360 viewsWeWereZombies

With Boris nailed on to be PM are they now running down the clock? on 19:51 - Jun 20 by Churchman

All Corbyn has to do is shut up and keep breathing and he, El Gatto and his little Lenin cap will be in no 10 by the winter.

Assuming bonehead Boris does as the window lickers on the Tory right have ordered, the tories will split. There are many on the left of the Tory party who will not accept numbskull tearing the country apart and will put it ahead of the Tory party and bring the government down. There are just too many who have actually read and understood what no deal brexit means for it to happen. That’s my view.

The idea of people being on the 'left' of the Tory Party does sound a bit clunky, brings home the relativistic nature of language. And there is an overlap with those on the 'right' of the Labour Party I guess. But do these individuals conform to what the woman/man/whatever they identify as on the Clapham Omnibus (or Boris Bike) see as being 'left' or 'right'? I suspect not.

Just carrying on the conjecture about when the terms 'left' and 'right' started to be used in politics to denote policies, aims and attitudes. Los Liberales in Spain because they were in favour of limiting the power of the Church? The Diggers in the English Civil War? Wat Tyler and John Ball in the Peasants Revolt? The more I think about it the more I wonder if the followers of Wat Tyler were closer in character to the Gilets Jaune than to Momentum.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

With Boris nailed on to be PM are they now running down the clock? on 14:15 - Jun 21 with 298 viewsBlueBadger

With Boris nailed on to be PM are they now running down the clock? on 19:27 - Jun 20 by WeWereZombies

A real life car crash is never pleasant viewing even if it is in slow motion.

Especially if you're sat in the passenger seats.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024