Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two city sports teams 20:05 - Jun 20 with 1817 viewsSpruceMoose

I can't even begin to fathom how this would ever work in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jun/20/rays-montreal-tampa-bay-two-city-p

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Two city sports teams on 20:08 - Jun 20 with 1780 viewsGeoffSentence

Cripes! It's not just two cities in that case, it's two countries and the stadia are 1500 miles apart. Flipping nuts.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Two city sports teams on 20:14 - Jun 20 with 1753 viewsSpruceMoose

Two city sports teams on 20:08 - Jun 20 by GeoffSentence

Cripes! It's not just two cities in that case, it's two countries and the stadia are 1500 miles apart. Flipping nuts.

Maybe we could share a team with Rome or something, finally ridding ourselves of the need for that friendly...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Two city sports teams on 20:49 - Jun 20 with 1681 viewswkj

The one thing that kept me from following sports in the USA is knowing that the next season your home team. Could be moved out of state. This seems to be all the more reason to not follow the sports there

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Two city sports teams on 20:54 - Jun 20 with 1656 viewsSpruceMoose

Two city sports teams on 20:49 - Jun 20 by wkj

The one thing that kept me from following sports in the USA is knowing that the next season your home team. Could be moved out of state. This seems to be all the more reason to not follow the sports there

Cities really get held hostage by these teams too. If you look at the Rams and the number they tried to pull on St Louis before ultimately leaving... mamma.

Two city sports teams on 20:58 - Jun 20 with 1645 viewsTangledupin_Blue

The one thing that keeps me from following sports in the USA is knowing that it is crap.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Two city sports teams on 20:59 - Jun 20 with 1638 viewswkj

Two city sports teams on 20:54 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

Cities really get held hostage by these teams too. If you look at the Rams and the number they tried to pull on St Louis before ultimately leaving... mamma.

I'm well aware. The ex was a rams fan... I'll wait ...and went into great lengths to fill me in.

Crybaby

Two city sports teams on 21:02 - Jun 20 with 1631 viewswkj

Two city sports teams on 20:58 - Jun 20 by Tangledupin_Blue

The one thing that keeps me from following sports in the USA is knowing that it is crap.

American Football andbasletball is kinda fun at the NCAA level but professionally its all drowning in pagentry and... well... Americans

Crybaby

Two city sports teams on 22:31 - Jun 20 with 1526 viewsIllinoisblue

Two city sports teams on 20:58 - Jun 20 by Tangledupin_Blue

all of them?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Two city sports teams on 22:32 - Jun 20 with 1517 viewsIllinoisblue

Two city sports teams on 21:02 - Jun 20 by wkj

American Football andbasletball is kinda fun at the NCAA level but professionally its all drowning in pagentry and... well... Americans

baseball's biggest problem is... baseball. Way too much of it. 162 game season + play-offs is insane.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Two city sports teams on 22:35 - Jun 20 with 1508 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Two city sports teams on 22:31 - Jun 20 by Illinoisblue

all of them?

They have their aficionados (including my son who is a Broncos nut and goes to all of the London American Football games) but I wouldn't choose to watch any.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Two city sports teams on 22:39 - Jun 20 with 1486 viewsSuperblue95

Crazy stuff. It would be like having a football team in Wimbledon and moving them to some sh1thole like Milton Keynes...

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Two city sports teams on 22:50 - Jun 20 with 1461 viewswkj

Two city sports teams on 22:39 - Jun 20 by Superblue95

Crazy stuff. It would be like having a football team in Wimbledon and moving them to some sh1thole like Milton Keynes...

Their fault for not sticking to tennis

Crybaby

Two city sports teams on 23:13 - Jun 20 with 1430 viewsSpruceMoose

Two city sports teams on 22:32 - Jun 20 by Illinoisblue

baseball's biggest problem is... baseball. Way too much of it. 162 game season + play-offs is insane.

I actually really enjoy baseball. I like the nostalgia and the tradition. The experience reminds me of cricket somewhat. Plus I appreciate the complete lack of hyper masculinity that you get around other US sports.

Saying that, day time midweek games don't exactly scream 'Sold Out' do they?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2019 23:15]

Two city sports teams on 23:22 - Jun 20 with 1410 viewsClapham_Junction

It's quite common in rugby league in Australia - some of the teams in the NRL are (or were) joint ventures of pre-existing clubs, who have maintained separate youth setups and stadiums.

St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers both still split their games between the grounds of their parent clubs. The Tigers are from two different suburbs of Sydney (although the grounds are still 40km apart), but St George Illawarra play in both Sydney and Wollongong
Two city sports teams on 23:25 - Jun 20 with 1402 viewsSpruceMoose

Two city sports teams on 22:32 - Jun 20 by Illinoisblue

Maybe they need a 20/20 version. Five innings bish bash bosh.

Two city sports teams on 12:04 - Jun 21 with 1209 viewsBiGDonnie

Two city sports teams on 20:59 - Jun 20 by wkj

I'm well aware. The ex was a rams fan... I'll wait ...and went into great lengths to fill me in.

That's where you're going wrong, dating a loser that likes eggball.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Two city sports teams on 12:30 - Jun 21 with 1177 viewswkj

Two city sports teams on 12:04 - Jun 21 by BiGDonnie

That's where you're going wrong, dating a loser that likes eggball.

Ha... Good one

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024