Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Mark Field incident then... 07:23 - Jun 21 with 31397 viewsDanTheMan

Posted the longer video for context.

His explanation is that he thought she might be armed.

Can't say that he looks very scared, looks more angry than anything and then takes it out on her. Not a good look.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So the Mark Field incident then... on 07:26 - Jun 21 with 7618 viewsfooters

Good to see our politicians finally taking the climate issue by the scruff of the neck.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 07:53 - Jun 21 with 7552 viewsgiant_stow

Black tie event interrupted by a serf - of course he's angry. If it were some mad jahadi, I think he would have stayed seated, head down.

Sorry to sound old fashioned but I'm shocked a man of his age would rough up a woman like that.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the Mark Field incident then... on 07:55 - Jun 21 with 7540 viewswkj

I can't believed they never called for VAR on this incident

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So the Mark Field incident then... on 07:57 - Jun 21 with 7525 viewsHerbivore

Seeing that his excuse that he felt threatened sounds utterly hollow and feeble. He should be as ashamed of that as he should be about assaulting a peaceful protester. I see some Tory colleagues have defended him, I think that about sums up the state of the Tory party currently. Nasty and belligerent with little interest in being guided by or engaging with reality.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 07:59 - Jun 21 with 7522 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 07:53 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

Black tie event interrupted by a serf - of course he's angry. If it were some mad jahadi, I think he would have stayed seated, head down.

Sorry to sound old fashioned but I'm shocked a man of his age would rough up a woman like that.

Would it be okay if it had been a man?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:00 - Jun 21 with 7509 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 07:59 - Jun 21 by sparks

Would it be okay if it had been a man?

No.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:01 - Jun 21 with 7507 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:00 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

No.

Good. I can see no difference really and I think its time society stopped considering violence against men as some lesser issue.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:03 - Jun 21 with 7496 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Leafletting with intent.....had it coming!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:05 - Jun 21 with 7485 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:01 - Jun 21 by sparks

Good. I can see no difference really and I think its time society stopped considering violence against men as some lesser issue.

Fair enough. This does look cowardly though, just as it would if it were a smaller bloke he was roughing up.

Do you think there's any chance of him being done for assault?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:06 - Jun 21 with 7477 viewsDanTheMan

You're right, however, I don't think Mr. Field would have done this if it was a 6 foot 5 bloke.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:08 - Jun 21 with 7449 viewsHerbivore

Oh do pipe down, you sound like some alt right, butt hurt mansplainer most of the time these days. Not one person has said that his conduct is unacceptable because it was a female protester and that it would be acceptable if it was a male. You are the one wanting to imply that to create fake offence. Won't someone think of the men?! Well yeah, everyone does and has done for millenia you fool.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 8:13]

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:09 - Jun 21 with 7442 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 07:53 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

I’m with you on this ullaa. Manhandling a woman that way is disgusting. Had it been a bloke then I couldn’t give a toss.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:09 - Jun 21 with 7433 viewsGlasgowBlue

I disagree.

Iron Lion Zion

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:11 - Jun 21 with 7416 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:09 - Jun 21 by GlasgowBlue

I disagree.

Then you need to investigate who the victims of violence usually are and the impact it has on their lives. Bullies and thugs should not be tolerated, regardless of who they pick on.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:15 - Jun 21 with 7389 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:11 - Jun 21 by sparks

Then you need to investigate who the victims of violence usually are and the impact it has on their lives. Bullies and thugs should not be tolerated, regardless of who they pick on.

If a bloke gatecrashed a party I was attending then I’d chuck him out. If it was a woman I would not.

I understand that is an old fashioned way of looking at things but I was brought up to open doors for women and give up seats on the bus/tube etc.

Im a product of an upbringing from a different age and Im not going to change.

Iron Lion Zion

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:19 - Jun 21 with 7372 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:15 - Jun 21 by GlasgowBlue

If a bloke gatecrashed a party I was attending then I’d chuck him out. If it was a woman I would not.

I understand that is an old fashioned way of looking at things but I was brought up to open doors for women and give up seats on the bus/tube etc.

Like you've ever been on a bus!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:19 - Jun 21 with 7371 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:15 - Jun 21 by GlasgowBlue

Show your working. What is the actual difference? Is it really just some sort of chivalry?

What are the actual reasons for your view? If its just habit and received wisdom, perhaps its time to review and re-think...

Violence doesnt hurt a woman any more significantly than it does a man. Shouldnt society hold the view that violence is not acceptable? The tacit message from your position is that violence against a bloke is not really an issue.

We are bringing children up to believe that boys cant hit girls, but when the opposite happens its not taken so seriously. Its not on.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:21 - Jun 21 with 7363 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:05 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

Fair enough. This does look cowardly though, just as it would if it were a smaller bloke he was roughing up.

Do you think there's any chance of him being done for assault?

Oi budgie, some of us short@rses are fecking tough, you numpty...

Does let us down when we claim to be pacifists and want to debate things reasonably though.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:25 - Jun 21 with 7346 viewsballycastle

He will be condemned by the Labour supporters on here , if he were a labour party MP he would be defended by the very same.

If the intruder had of been trespassing on my property and refused to leave by request they would have got exactly the same treatment as a minimum.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:26 - Jun 21 with 7332 viewsSonOfSpock

The apparent lack of security, or slowness of it was the route cause of the problem - lucky she wasnt armed.

He's going to use the 'reasonable force' argument - and given we dont know what was said leading up to this all we've got is the net result shown.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:26 - Jun 21 with 7330 viewsNo9

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:11 - Jun 21 by sparks

I agree, this is a society problem.
I knew a man who lived with a violent & jealous woman who would attack him, sometimes whne he was sleeping.
He was marked with scatches & bruises, I convinced him to go to the police for advice.
They nade a note then, more or less told him to man up.
I convinced him to leave.
Had he founght back he would no doubt have been in trouble

The MP should not have dealt with is, as a guest he should have asked the roganisers to have the woman dealt with - in accordance with the law.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:26 - Jun 21 with 7323 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:19 - Jun 21 by sparks

Show your working. What is the actual difference? Is it really just some sort of chivalry?

What are the actual reasons for your view? If its just habit and received wisdom, perhaps its time to review and re-think...

Violence doesnt hurt a woman any more significantly than it does a man. Shouldnt society hold the view that violence is not acceptable? The tacit message from your position is that violence against a bloke is not really an issue.

We are bringing children up to believe that boys cant hit girls, but when the opposite happens its not taken so seriously. Its not on.

I don’t have any working to show. I’ve told you it’s how I was brought up. I accept that isn’t the norm these days. I’m not forcing my opinion on anyone else although i have always insisted, if I’m unable to give them a lift, that my teenage son walk his girlfriend home on a journey through alleys and a small wood, whilst accepting he will walk the return journey on his own. Vice versa with my daughters and their boyfriends.

That may be an old fashioned outlook but make no apologies.

Iron Lion Zion

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:27 - Jun 21 with 7323 viewsHerbivore

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:25 - Jun 21 by ballycastle

He will be condemned by the Labour supporters on here , if he were a labour party MP he would be defended by the very same.

If the intruder had of been trespassing on my property and refused to leave by request they would have got exactly the same treatment as a minimum.

Except there was no intruder in his home. This was a function in a publicly accessible building.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:30 - Jun 21 with 7298 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:25 - Jun 21 by ballycastle

But it wasn't Mark Field's property, was it? And I think the Labour MPs who have commented also are aware of the murder of Jo Cox and realise that disruption to events is worrying, and it probably goes on much more than we aware.

'Jess Phillips MP tweeted: "Every MP has to deal with protest and conflict, it is done with words. To watch this is so so awful."'

Not just Labour condemning him either:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48714864

...former Tory MP Sarah Wollaston said it was "absolutely shameful, a male MP marching a woman out of a room by her neck".
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 8:35]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:30 - Jun 21 with 7291 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:21 - Jun 21 by WeWereZombies

Oi budgie, some of us short@rses are fecking tough, you numpty...

Does let us down when we claim to be pacifists and want to debate things reasonably though.

True, I remember at school one of the most dangerous kids in the year was short, but when he went, he went big... The teers would start, the rage would build and everyone knew to look for cover.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024