Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Mark Field incident then... 07:23 - Jun 21 with 31698 viewsDanTheMan

Posted the longer video for context.

His explanation is that he thought she might be armed.

Can't say that he looks very scared, looks more angry than anything and then takes it out on her. Not a good look.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:09 - Jun 21 with 3402 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:05 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

Not really the point I was making, it was an absurd example to highlight that people don't respect things anymore. They had no right to burst into the room.

What happened afterwards was totally unacceptable, Field or anyone else shouldn't be doing that.

From the BBC (Greenpeace own words):

"Dozens of activists - dressed in suits, red dresses and sashes - "gatecrashed" the dinner, according to Greenpeace, and refused to leave."

I don't think that's acceptable, they made their point, they should have left. Really they shouldn't have been inside at all - peaceful protests can be made outside the venue - bursting into places is only going to cause animosity.

I think my point stands.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 9:06]

Sorry Stokie, but you talked about context being important. I think the context made the event a legitimate target for protest.

I'm not so sure about refusing to leave however - make the point and go. But there's no way in the world he needed to rough her up like that - he could have simply blocked her path with his arms out.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:09 - Jun 21 with 3401 viewsfooters

Today's 10-pager is certainly a red hot topic, it has it all!

Like when that farmer shot that burglar, but only with identity politics and environmentalism thrown in the pot - spicy!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:10 - Jun 21 with 3404 viewsNo9

It's all over the media that people goig to music concerts, sports events should be prepared for security people at the entrance to search bags etc.
Here it was so well organised univited people could just wander in?
Who was the clown responsible for the event?
So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:12 - Jun 21 with 3389 viewsBrixtonBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:09 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

Sorry Stokie, but you talked about context being important. I think the context made the event a legitimate target for protest.

I'm not so sure about refusing to leave however - make the point and go. But there's no way in the world he needed to rough her up like that - he could have simply blocked her path with his arms out.

You keep using the phrase 'roughed up' - your definition of 'roughed up' is very different to mine.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:13 - Jun 21 with 3383 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:59 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

I do think he has a point.

It seems that nowadays people think they have the right to impose their views on people regardless of the situation or the context. I don't actually think it's acceptable.

A protest outside the venue is certainly acceptable and would also make a point, bursting into venues isn't in my opinion. If someone burst into your home and protested at you eating your spam I doubt you'd be please.

It's all about context and that has been lost over the last decade. People "know" they are right and thus these "rules" don't apply to them.

SB

But this is not a random individual bursting into someone's home, it is a venue with prestige (and obvious problems providing adequate security) subject to an effective demonstration by a well known activist group, The attendees knew they were not in danger of physical assault but also knew they were not going to get an easy ride as far as the political points being made or the tactics being used. So the Mansion House function has lost the political battle. Hammond tried to rescue the situation afterwards with a mealy mouthed statement about his perceived irony at being disrupted when his government had committed to zero carbon by 2050. As fifteen year old Erin from Glasgow said when the six PM candidates were questioned on the BBC at the start of the week, none of the answers coming from our leaders at the moment are good enough.

And so entitlement passes from de jure leadership due to unresponsiveness into de facto leadership of whoever shouts, or pushes, or quite soon if nothing is done, punches hardest. But the descent into anarchy remains the responsibility of intransigent establishments.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:14 - Jun 21 with 3378 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:12 - Jun 21 by BrixtonBlue

You keep using the phrase 'roughed up' - your definition of 'roughed up' is very different to mine.

How would you define being roughed up then Dolly?

Oh, just seen this too:

arf.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:20 - Jun 21 with 3352 viewsBrixtonBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:14 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

How would you define being roughed up then Dolly?

Oh, just seen this too:

arf.

Well I'd expect some kicks and punches from a roughing up. This was just a frogmarch to the door.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:23 - Jun 21 with 3332 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:20 - Jun 21 by BrixtonBlue

Well I'd expect some kicks and punches from a roughing up. This was just a frogmarch to the door.

Kicks and punches would move an incident to being an 'attack' for me.

Even my using 'roughed up' might be under-cooking it a bit - she was grabbed, slammed into a pillar and then marched out by her neck ffs!

Login to get fewer ads

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:23 - Jun 21 with 3330 viewsBrixtonBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:13 - Jun 21 by WeWereZombies

But this is not a random individual bursting into someone's home, it is a venue with prestige (and obvious problems providing adequate security) subject to an effective demonstration by a well known activist group, The attendees knew they were not in danger of physical assault but also knew they were not going to get an easy ride as far as the political points being made or the tactics being used. So the Mansion House function has lost the political battle. Hammond tried to rescue the situation afterwards with a mealy mouthed statement about his perceived irony at being disrupted when his government had committed to zero carbon by 2050. As fifteen year old Erin from Glasgow said when the six PM candidates were questioned on the BBC at the start of the week, none of the answers coming from our leaders at the moment are good enough.

And so entitlement passes from de jure leadership due to unresponsiveness into de facto leadership of whoever shouts, or pushes, or quite soon if nothing is done, punches hardest. But the descent into anarchy remains the responsibility of intransigent establishments.

"The attendees knew they were not in danger of physical assault."

Did they?

Did Jack Grealish know he wasn't in danger of physical assault the other week when a fan ran on the pitch and physically assaulted him?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:24 - Jun 21 with 3323 viewsStokieBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:09 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

No need to apologise!

I agreed he shouldn't have done that - totally unacceptable in any location or event.

However when did shouting loudest become the accepted format for debate or protest? It's ridiculous. The protest should have been outside, they had no legal right to be in the building and it's only ever going to end one way when one group imposes on another in such a fashion.

Protesting is fine and a necessity in any reasonable country. I just don't agree with the way they went about it. In the end nobody is talking about what they were protesting about, only the events which occurred due to the protest. Given this it's not really a successful protest is it? They would have got more traction for their important climate points by protesting out side on mass.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 9:25]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:26 - Jun 21 with 3313 viewsBrixtonBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:23 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

Kicks and punches would move an incident to being an 'attack' for me.

Even my using 'roughed up' might be under-cooking it a bit - she was grabbed, slammed into a pillar and then marched out by her neck ffs!

She wasn't "slammed" into the pillar. Can't believe I'm defending a Tory, but watch it again. You're exaggerating.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:27 - Jun 21 with 3308 viewsHerbivore

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:20 - Jun 21 by BrixtonBlue

Did you ignore the bit where he slammed her into the wall?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:28 - Jun 21 with 3300 viewsfooters

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:24 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

No need to apologise!

I agreed he shouldn't have done that - totally unacceptable in any location or event.

However when did shouting loudest become the accepted format for debate or protest? It's ridiculous. The protest should have been outside, they had no legal right to be in the building and it's only ever going to end one way when one group imposes on another in such a fashion.

Protesting is fine and a necessity in any reasonable country. I just don't agree with the way they went about it. In the end nobody is talking about what they were protesting about, only the events which occurred due to the protest. Given this it's not really a successful protest is it? They would have got more traction for their important climate points by protesting out side on mass.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 9:25]

On your last point, I don't really think that's true. It's too easy to ignore such protests. This has made the headlines, which is ultimately what matters.

Politicians are doing sod all on this issue compared to what needs to be done. And the next PM certainly won't have it as a policy priority.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:32 - Jun 21 with 3278 viewsStokieBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:28 - Jun 21 by footers

On your last point, I don't really think that's true. It's too easy to ignore such protests. This has made the headlines, which is ultimately what matters.

Politicians are doing sod all on this issue compared to what needs to be done. And the next PM certainly won't have it as a policy priority.

But it's not made the headlines for the right reasons. Nobody is talking about climate issues, in fact it's an afterthought in most of the reports.

I agree with your second paragraph but can't agree it was a successful protest.

In the end it's also up to us - how many of us are going to stop flying about whenever we please - I suspect we all know the answer.

SB

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:35 - Jun 21 with 3265 viewsfooters

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:32 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

But it's not made the headlines for the right reasons. Nobody is talking about climate issues, in fact it's an afterthought in most of the reports.

I agree with your second paragraph but can't agree it was a successful protest.

In the end it's also up to us - how many of us are going to stop flying about whenever we please - I suspect we all know the answer.

SB

I've had this debate with you and others before on proper protest procedure so I think all our positions are clear ;)

Worse than not being able to fly, people would have to come to terms with a life without 'pooters too. Data centres are ridiculous polluters.

Sadly I think we are all too greedy, stupid and have left if far too late. But that's not to say people should stop trying.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:39 - Jun 21 with 3243 viewsStokieBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:35 - Jun 21 by footers

I've had this debate with you and others before on proper protest procedure so I think all our positions are clear ;)

Worse than not being able to fly, people would have to come to terms with a life without 'pooters too. Data centres are ridiculous polluters.

Sadly I think we are all too greedy, stupid and have left if far too late. But that's not to say people should stop trying.

I made the point on data centres but it didn't seem to register on here. Although things can be done in that regard - placing them in places like Iceland so they are cooler and use geothermal energy is good. There are also developments to have them under placed on the sea floor (for cooling) and running of renewables.

Can start using this as well for your searching needs:

https://www.ecosia.org/?c=en

SB

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:46 - Jun 21 with 3228 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Having heard about it on the radio and then watched this video, it all seems to have been sensationalised somewhat.

With all the threats etc that MP's receive, I don't think this is an unreasonable way to evict a trespasser from a private function.

I don't think I would have handled it in the same way, but I don't think it's as outrageous as it's been made out to be.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:47 - Jun 21 with 3223 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:57 - Jun 21 by BrixtonBlue

I read the thread before watching the video... and I have to say I was expecting something a lot worse. She isn't removed anymore forcefully than we've seen female streakers removed from football pitches.

She shouldn't have been there so I'm not sure she can have too much complaint.

Agreed!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:51 - Jun 21 with 3210 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:09 - Jun 21 by GlasgowBlue

I’m with you on this ullaa. Manhandling a woman that way is disgusting. Had it been a bloke then I couldn’t give a toss.

Misogynist.

;-)
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 9:51]

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:53 - Jun 21 with 3201 viewsflimflam

How did they even get that far? Where were security? What if it was someone who wanted to create harm?

But if people want to play silly games and crash an organised event then expect to get ejected. Fair play and tough sh*t.

Notice she still has hold of her phone so must of been OK.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:56 - Jun 21 with 3196 viewsfooters

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:53 - Jun 21 by flimflam

How did they even get that far? Where were security? What if it was someone who wanted to create harm?

But if people want to play silly games and crash an organised event then expect to get ejected. Fair play and tough sh*t.

Notice she still has hold of her phone so must of been OK.

Tories probably gave the contract to G4S...

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:57 - Jun 21 with 3191 viewsxrayspecs

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:59 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

I do think he has a point.

It seems that nowadays people think they have the right to impose their views on people regardless of the situation or the context. I don't actually think it's acceptable.

A protest outside the venue is certainly acceptable and would also make a point, bursting into venues isn't in my opinion. If someone burst into your home and protested at you eating your spam I doubt you'd be please.

It's all about context and that has been lost over the last decade. People "know" they are right and thus these "rules" don't apply to them.

SB

Clap clap clap
So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:59 - Jun 21 with 3187 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:02 - Jun 21 with 3169 viewsBiGDonnie

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:15 - Jun 21 by GlasgowBlue

If a bloke gatecrashed a party I was attending then I’d chuck him out. If it was a woman I would not.

I understand that is an old fashioned way of looking at things but I was brought up to open doors for women and give up seats on the bus/tube etc.

Im a product of an upbringing from a different age and Im not going to change.

If it was your or a family members party and she turned up to ruin it, you wouldn't chuck her out?

I certainly would.

I also would if it was a 6'5 bloke. I'd just get some help in doing so.

That said, he was a bit rough with her, should have just stood in her way and said you ain't coming through.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:04 - Jun 21 with 3167 viewsBiGDonnie

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:37 - Jun 21 by GlasgowBlue

Nobody was calling for DA to be sacked for drinking a mojito the tube. Mark Fields should be sacked for his assault on the woman. Big difference.

I wouldn't call that assault.

Had he kicked her up the arse on the way out it would.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024