Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Mark Field incident then... 07:23 - Jun 21 with 31570 viewsDanTheMan

Posted the longer video for context.

His explanation is that he thought she might be armed.

Can't say that he looks very scared, looks more angry than anything and then takes it out on her. Not a good look.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:04 - Jun 21 with 4408 viewsPendejo

So that wasn't considered foreplay then?

Will have to re-think the physical side of my relationship with the wife. Before anyone jumps in... she's the one that holds my neck.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:06 - Jun 21 with 4394 viewsPendejo

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:53 - Jun 21 by flimflam

How did they even get that far? Where were security? What if it was someone who wanted to create harm?

But if people want to play silly games and crash an organised event then expect to get ejected. Fair play and tough sh*t.

Notice she still has hold of her phone so must of been OK.

Given that the Chancellor of the Exchequer was in attendance, let alone the City big nobs, that's a shocking security breach.

I haven't looked closely but that dress could have accommodated enough explosive to cause severe damage to attendees.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:06 - Jun 21 with 4394 viewsflimflam

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:59 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

I do think he has a point.

It seems that nowadays people think they have the right to impose their views on people regardless of the situation or the context. I don't actually think it's acceptable.

A protest outside the venue is certainly acceptable and would also make a point, bursting into venues isn't in my opinion. If someone burst into your home and protested at you eating your spam I doubt you'd be please.

It's all about context and that has been lost over the last decade. People "know" they are right and thus these "rules" don't apply to them.

SB

Can we apply this to TWTD?

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:07 - Jun 21 with 4392 viewsBiGDonnie

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:23 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

Kicks and punches would move an incident to being an 'attack' for me.

Even my using 'roughed up' might be under-cooking it a bit - she was grabbed, slammed into a pillar and then marched out by her neck ffs!

Had the silly cow stayed at home, nothing would have happened

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:08 - Jun 21 with 4388 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:59 - Jun 21 by Steve_M

Good old twitter outrage and pedantry at work.

Take one picture, make story up, use out of context.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:10 - Jun 21 with 4372 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:08 - Jun 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good old twitter outrage and pedantry at work.

Take one picture, make story up, use out of context.

Not really. Just reinforces the coward point really - what a hero! What a gent.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:12 - Jun 21 with 4364 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:10 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

Not really. Just reinforces the coward point really - what a hero! What a gent.

The picture tells us nothing at all. It's pointless.

I wouldnt have dealt with the woman that way, but twitter can't have it both ways.

I don't think there would have been this 'outrage' if that was a man.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:15 - Jun 21 with 4356 viewsSteve_M

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:12 - Jun 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wouldnt have dealt with the woman that way, but twitter can't have it both ways.

Classic point missing. It's not because it's a man, it's because no-one did anything to a far more aggressive protester in a similar situation a couple of weeks ago.

Field was wrong and reacted disproportionately, something he has now seemingly admitted.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:16 - Jun 21 with 4353 viewsBiGDonnie

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:12 - Jun 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

This is a classic TWTD case of who can be the most offended by something.

Assault, shoved into a pillar, grabbed by the neck. Madness.

COYBs

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:18 - Jun 21 with 4348 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:15 - Jun 21 by Steve_M

Classic point missing. It's not because it's a man, it's because no-one did anything to a far more aggressive protester in a similar situation a couple of weeks ago.

Field was wrong and reacted disproportionately, something he has now seemingly admitted.

Different people in a different place at a different time reacted to a different situation in a different way.

Doesn't tell us much.

There's been a massive over reaction here.

One lesson... don't trespass, and don't invade private events.

...or you might be marched out of a room. Oh the horror.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:19 - Jun 21 with 4340 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:16 - Jun 21 by BiGDonnie

This is a classic TWTD case of who can be the most offended by something.

Assault, shoved into a pillar, grabbed by the neck. Madness.

Agreed, some classic exaggeration.

Who would have thought this would fall down to politics.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:22 - Jun 21 with 4336 viewsflimflam

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:18 - Jun 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Different people in a different place at a different time reacted to a different situation in a different way.

Doesn't tell us much.

I remember being frog marched by my teacher from one end of the school to the other almost lifted of the floor by my ear. Does that make me a victim?

All the news channels saying charges should be pressed and emphasising she is a woman.

So what. Equality works both ways and if she wants to act like a knob then expect to get treated like one regardless of gender.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:24 - Jun 21 with 4333 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:22 - Jun 21 by flimflam

I remember being frog marched by my teacher from one end of the school to the other almost lifted of the floor by my ear. Does that make me a victim?

All the news channels saying charges should be pressed and emphasising she is a woman.

So what. Equality works both ways and if she wants to act like a knob then expect to get treated like one regardless of gender.

Agreed.

As a well known feminist, I find it disappointing that the media is acting in such a patronising and misogynistic way...

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:25 - Jun 21 with 4332 viewsfooters

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:24 - Jun 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agreed.

As a well known feminist, I find it disappointing that the media is acting in such a patronising and misogynistic way...

You do get awfully het up when the fairer sex is brought up, buh! Maybe have a cold shower...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:26 - Jun 21 with 4327 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:25 - Jun 21 by footers

You do get awfully het up when the fairer sex is brought up, buh! Maybe have a cold shower...

...fairer sex? You misogynist!

If anyone sound get up, it isn't me. X

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:44 - Jun 21 with 4306 viewsbrazil1982

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:18 - Jun 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Doesn't tell us much.

Absolutely, time people took some responsibility for their actions.

Man done nothing wrong here. Move on.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:00 - Jun 21 with 4280 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:44 - Jun 21 by brazil1982

You're absolutely right, he should take some responsibility for his actions.

And what's all this bollox about people getting offended?! No ones offended, or not me anyway, more concerned about violence, especially in the political arena, from a fcking mp of all people!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:05 - Jun 21 with 4274 viewsbrazil1982

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:00 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

And what's all this bollox about people getting offended?! No ones offended, or not me anyway, more concerned about violence, especially in the political arena, from a fcking mp of all people!

Violence? Behave yourself.

Man did nothing wrong, move on.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:08 - Jun 21 with 4267 viewsBiGDonnie

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:00 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

Let us know when you see some 'violence'

COYBs

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:12 - Jun 21 with 4263 viewsGeoffSentence

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:15 - Jun 21 by GlasgowBlue

If a bloke gatecrashed a party I was attending then I’d chuck him out. If it was a woman I would not.

I understand that is an old fashioned way of looking at things but I was brought up to open doors for women and give up seats on the bus/tube etc.

Im a product of an upbringing from a different age and Im not going to change.

yeah, but only because you'd be delighted have more girls turning up for your party.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:19 - Jun 21 with 4247 viewsSwansea_Blue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:05 - Jun 21 by brazil1982

Violence? Behave yourself.

Man did nothing wrong, move on.

Apparently he's apologised and referred himself for investigation, which suggests he himself realises he's done wrong.

Shouldn't be any more to it than that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:22 - Jun 21 with 4241 viewssyntaxerror

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:44 - Jun 21 by brazil1982

Did you same the same thing when your mates Nige and Tommy got milkshaked? Or is it just ok if its a lefty who gets rough handled?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 11:22]
So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:36 - Jun 21 with 4213 viewsGeoffSentence

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:01 - Jun 21 by GlasgowBlue

And if he has any balls he should say yes. And if he doesn’t resign he should be sacked.

One last comment on the man/woman differences. A few years ago John Prescott punched a bloke for egging him. Most people said well done. There was no hand wringing at the time and I think Blair said it was “John being John”.

There would have quite rightly been a massive uproar if the egger was a woman rather than a burley bloke and Prescott punches her.

There is a different way that we treat men and women. People can deny this but it’s true.

I can't imagine that there would have been so many complaints if it was Tommy Robinson getting manhandled in this way, though probably there would have been a few if it was ,say ,Warwick Davies.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:04 - Jun 21 with 4180 viewsbrazil1982

So the Mark Field incident then... on 11:22 - Jun 21 by syntaxerror

Did you same the same thing when your mates Nige and Tommy got milkshaked? Or is it just ok if its a lefty who gets rough handled?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 11:22]

"My mates"

what on earth are you dribbling about.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 12:05 - Jun 21 with 4175 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 10:02 - Jun 21 by BiGDonnie

If it was your or a family members party and she turned up to ruin it, you wouldn't chuck her out?

I certainly would.

I also would if it was a 6'5 bloke. I'd just get some help in doing so.

That said, he was a bit rough with her, should have just stood in her way and said you ain't coming through.

I’d ask her to leave but wouldn’t manhandle her. If she wouldn’t move then ask one of the ladies to deal with her.

A bloke would be asked once and if that didn’t then reasonable force would be used.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024