Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced 09:23 - Jun 21 with 2454 viewsGeoffSentence

Many members of the twitterati are scornful of the Leeds and Salford games being picked.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 09:27 - Jun 21 with 2382 viewsBigManBlue

The Salford love-in is going to be unbearable.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 09:31 - Jun 21 with 2351 viewsKieran_Knows

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 09:27 - Jun 21 by BigManBlue

The Salford love-in is going to be unbearable.

Indeed. Sky couldn't wait for them to get promoted to the Football League I bet.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 09:49 - Jun 21 with 2269 viewsIpswichKnight

No chance the Salford v Leeds League cup game will be televised then!
The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 09:53 - Jun 21 with 2246 viewsxrayspecs

I do not get the animosity toward Salford. No different to other non-league clubs where money has been invested heavily. Fleetwood, Forest Green Rovers etc.

Can only aasume it is the Man U connection.

Btw, Salford v Leeds is the pick of the first round ties. David v Goliath, Former Premier League winner versus recent upstart.
The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:02 - Jun 21 with 2189 viewsTractorCam

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 09:53 - Jun 21 by xrayspecs

I do not get the animosity toward Salford. No different to other non-league clubs where money has been invested heavily. Fleetwood, Forest Green Rovers etc.

Btw, Salford v Leeds is the pick of the first round ties. David v Goliath, Former Premier League winner versus recent upstart.

It's the way the bbc, sky etc brand them as a miracle story when clearly that is not the case. I remember watching the documentary at the time and was thinking how the fans there at the time are going to end up hating this. The majoirty who would have gone to their games would have been in it for the local non league experience, I bet 90% of that crowd have moved on to another non league team.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:03 - Jun 21 with 2182 viewsTrumptonBlue

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 09:53 - Jun 21 by xrayspecs

There's extra animosity towards Salford because they changed their colours and their badge, trampling over the club tradition to make them into a mini-me Manchester United.

It's not a heinous crime, of course, but it won't have won them many admirers.
The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:17 - Jun 21 with 2098 viewsTractorCam

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:03 - Jun 21 by TrumptonBlue

There's extra animosity towards Salford because they changed their colours and their badge, trampling over the club tradition to make them into a mini-me Manchester United.

It's not a heinous crime, of course, but it won't have won them many admirers.

Spot on, see above my comments about the original fans

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:50 - Jun 21 with 1997 viewsLightningboy

Will be astonishing if they ignore our home opener vs Sunderland..then again nothing surprises me with Sky.
Login to get fewer ads

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:53 - Jun 21 with 1975 viewsBiGDonnie

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:02 - Jun 21 by TractorCam

It's the way the bbc, sky etc brand them as a miracle story when clearly that is not the case. I remember watching the documentary at the time and was thinking how the fans there at the time are going to end up hating this. The majoirty who would have gone to their games would have been in it for the local non league experience, I bet 90% of that crowd have moved on to another non league team.

I guarantee you they haven't.

Why would people leave when the team start winning?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:57 - Jun 21 with 1964 viewsSitfcB

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:50 - Jun 21 by Lightningboy

Will be astonishing if they ignore our home opener vs Sunderland..then again nothing surprises me with Sky.

League 1 games very rarely get shown unless it’s an international break.

League 2 games nearly never get shown so they’ve made exception for Salford!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:59 - Jun 21 with 1952 viewsHalf_Idiot

I wonder if our game against Sunderland will be on TV seeing as it's got to be one of the bigger games in the league and they're are no league 1 game on the first week?
The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 11:13 - Jun 21 with 1901 viewsTractorCam

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:53 - Jun 21 by BiGDonnie

I guarantee you they haven't.

Why would people leave when the team start winning?

Because a load of them fans are there because they love non league football, as opposed to being brought up as die hard Salford fans. It's even documented in the BBC series, I remember they were speaking to fans and one mentioned how it's a disgrace they were changing the badge/ colours. Another fan mentioned how they like being a local, community club and don't want that to change.

It's the same with Billericay, they have fans who used to be regulars who now don't go anymore as they don't like what the club has become. It happens. Salford is now 95% Manchester United fans.

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 11:26 - Jun 21 with 1839 viewsGirthyguy

The first round of EFL games to be shown on Sky has been announced on 10:59 - Jun 21 by Half_Idiot

I wonder if our game against Sunderland will be on TV seeing as it's got to be one of the bigger games in the league and they're are no league 1 game on the first week?

They will probably get as much air time as championship clubs. I do find it really cringy the Salford love. The tw@ts of 92. Who cares.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024