Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The parents weren't daft, they knew 18:10 - Jun 21 with 983 viewsgtsb

Yet they want him to come home and are blaming the police for their prosecution. I hope he rots in hell and never sets foot on British soil again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-48676894
The parents weren't daft, they knew on 18:15 - Jun 21 with 952 viewschristiand

Typical reflection of modern society, ‘always someone else’s fault.’

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

The parents weren't daft, they knew on 21:28 - Jun 21 with 853 viewsjeera

The parents weren't daft, they knew on 18:15 - Jun 21 by christiand

Typical reflection of modern society, ‘always someone else’s fault.’

I'm not sure how this situation of a son joining ISIS in Syria is typical of anything. It is not exactly a common theme amongst parents to have to deal with.

The guy is a piece of sh!t to the rest of us - to them he is still their son. I can't see what's hard to understand here.

As for the police, the article says they volunteered information which was then used against them. Anyone who has had dealings with the police will understand that sentiment fully.

I have to say though, just exactly what Mr Letts thinks his son is "innocent" of is baffling to say the least.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The parents weren't daft, they knew on 21:47 - Jun 21 with 824 viewsBloomBlue

Give it a few minutes and we'll have the feckwit Diane Abbott moaning the government should let him back into the UK.
The parents weren't daft, they knew on 22:23 - Jun 21 with 786 viewsMelford

The parents weren't daft, they knew on 21:28 - Jun 21 by jeera

I'm not sure how this situation of a son joining ISIS in Syria is typical of anything. It is not exactly a common theme amongst parents to have to deal with.

The guy is a piece of sh!t to the rest of us - to them he is still their son. I can't see what's hard to understand here.

As for the police, the article says they volunteered information which was then used against them. Anyone who has had dealings with the police will understand that sentiment fully.

I have to say though, just exactly what Mr Letts thinks his son is "innocent" of is baffling to say the least.

It's hard to cut your kid off, even if he is up to no good. Me and all my siblings have been in some dodgy situations at the time purely down to our bad decisions and things that our parents had warned us against happening. There's not too many parents will say no when their kid is in trouble, even if the trouble is self-inflicted.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

The parents weren't daft, they knew on 22:40 - Jun 21 with 757 viewschristiand

The parents weren't daft, they knew on 21:28 - Jun 21 by jeera

You’ve just confirmed my view in your last sentence. When are people this day and age going to be accountable instead of blaming others?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024