Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did Trump really have the last word 06:58 - Jun 22 with 1294 viewsgtsb

If he did it surprises me the bombing didn't go ahead.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48728465
Did Trump really have the last word on 07:04 - Jun 22 with 1283 viewswkj

This is all just pageantry, nothing firms up a second term campaign for an incumbent than war or the tensions of war.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Did Trump really have the last word on 09:46 - Jun 22 with 1204 viewsSteve_M

Trump likes the idea of bombing things, less so open-ended war. There have been plenty of claims that Trump is influenced by the last person to speak to him so quite likely that someone changed his mind after Bolton had encouraged him to attack.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Did Trump really have the last word on 10:05 - Jun 22 with 1186 viewsPinewoodblue

Did Trump really have the last word on 09:46 - Jun 22 by Steve_M

Trump likes the idea of bombing things, less so open-ended war. There have been plenty of claims that Trump is influenced by the last person to speak to him so quite likely that someone changed his mind after Bolton had encouraged him to attack.

Think you are spot on . My guess is he was prepared to go along with military advice but his political advisors talked him out of it

Worrying to think that he didn't bother to ask what casualty numbers were likely. Three separate targets with 150 likely to be killed would have been a major escalation.

At least no one is now going to ask why, if the drone was in international air space, the wreckage was recovered Iran and not the US.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Did Trump really have the last word on 10:11 - Jun 22 with 1183 viewsGuthrum

Trump doesn't want a war, because of the expense and unpopularity it brings. That is the thing which will save us from the millennialist* hawks like Bolton.

* I don't think Trump really subscribes to some of the dubious End Times theology, either.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Did Trump really have the last word on 10:35 - Jun 22 with 1157 viewsWeWereZombies

The Constitution
A noble piece of paper
With free society
Struggled but it died in vain
And now Democracy is ragtime on the corner
Hoping for some rain
Looks like it's hoping
Hoping for some rain

And I see the robins
Perched in barren treetops
Watching last-ditch racists marching across the floor
But just like the peace sign that vanished in our dreams
Never had a chance to grow
Never had a chance to grow

And now it's winter
It's winter in America
And all of the healers have been killed
Or been betrayed
Yeah, but the people know, people know
It's winter, Lord knows
It's winter in America
And ain't nobody fighting
Cause nobody knows what to save

Gil Scott-Heron (his Dad played for Celtic) 'Winter In America' 1974

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Did Trump really have the last word on 13:20 - Jun 22 with 1096 viewsGuthrum

Did Trump really have the last word on 10:05 - Jun 22 by Pinewoodblue

Think you are spot on . My guess is he was prepared to go along with military advice but his political advisors talked him out of it

Worrying to think that he didn't bother to ask what casualty numbers were likely. Three separate targets with 150 likely to be killed would have been a major escalation.

At least no one is now going to ask why, if the drone was in international air space, the wreckage was recovered Iran and not the US.

On that last point, a shot down aircraft does not necessarily fall straight downwards. The wreckage will still have forward momentum and, from altitude, may travel some distance before hitting the ground/sea.

Clearly, the border incursion was fairly marginal and, indeed, may fall into one of the disputed areas which Iran claims as its own and the US says are international waters. Some of the territorial definition in the Gulf comes down to small, often uninhabited, islands, which may be claimed by more than one nation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Did Trump really have the last word on 18:46 - Jun 22 with 1020 viewsGirthyguy

Did Trump really have the last word on 10:11 - Jun 22 by Guthrum

Trump doesn't want a war, because of the expense and unpopularity it brings. That is the thing which will save us from the millennialist* hawks like Bolton.

* I don't think Trump really subscribes to some of the dubious End Times theology, either.

War is merely just a bargaining chip in negotiating. I am afraid Trump will have to swallow his pride and realise he won't be able to bully Iran. War solves nothing and think we have had enough pointless bloodshed in the past 100 years or so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024