Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, Telegraph hacks are going full-on Fox News. 10:42 - Jun 22 with 2801 viewsBlueBadger

[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 10:58]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:48 - Jun 22 with 2767 viewswkj

Allison Pearson seems like the type who might enjoy the company of this type of man and woman:

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:50 - Jun 22 with 2757 viewsbrogansnose

That's fine, we can all now turn a blind eye to domestic violence whenever we think that it might be going on.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 10:51]
So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:52 - Jun 22 with 2744 viewswkj

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:50 - Jun 22 by brogansnose

That's fine, we can all now turn a blind eye to domestic violence whenever we think that it might be going on.

This posts suggest some might be tempted to do exactly that.

So the Mark Field incident then... by DanTheMan 21 Jun 2019 7:23
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1141822257007910912

Posted the longer video for context.

His explanation is that he thought she might be armed.

Can't say that he looks very scared, looks more angry than anything and then takes it out on her. Not a good look.

Crybaby

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:53 - Jun 22 with 2748 viewsGuthrum

The Telegraph has been going that way for some considerable time. It's barely a newspaper any more, simply a pretty transparent Brexit/Farage/Johnson propaganda rag. Which is a shame, because it used to be decent balance for the Guardian.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:56 - Jun 22 with 2728 viewspointofblue

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:50 - Jun 22 by brogansnose

In her defence, where did she say that? I didn’t realise current policy against domestic guidance was to give the tapes to The Guardian.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:57 - Jun 22 with 2715 viewsGuthrum

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:56 - Jun 22 by pointofblue

In her defence, where did she say that? I didn’t realise current policy against domestic guidance was to give the tapes to The Guardian.

They did call the police as well.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:57 - Jun 22 with 2712 viewsfooters

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:56 - Jun 22 by pointofblue

Quite right, they should have been given to the Telegraph for safekeeping.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 11:04 - Jun 22 with 2666 viewsbrogansnose

I can see why they recorded the incident as the police are normally reluctant to act without evidence and when the victim is interviewed they quite often say that nothing happened even though they may have a damn great shiner. The victim also often feels that they won't be believed so some independent evidence helps.

Agree with the didn't need to give the recording to the newspaper bit.
Login to get fewer ads

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 11:05 - Jun 22 with 2657 viewsHerbivore

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:57 - Jun 22 by Guthrum

They did call the police as well.

Exactly. And given that the incident involved an individual who is likely to become PM and is known to be of questionable character I'd say it's in the public interest for this to be out in the public domain.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 11:07 - Jun 22 with 2649 viewsWeWereZombies

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-one Fox News. on 10:57 - Jun 22 by footers

Quite right, they should have been given to the Telegraph for safekeeping.

Perhaps the tapes had nothing about MP's expenses in them...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-on Fox News. on 23:03 - Jun 22 with 2343 viewsElderGrizzly

She is a horrible piece of work. Very close ties to Boris too. Very very close...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/allison-pearson-beth-rigby-boris-johnson_
So, Telegraph hacks are going full-on Fox News. on 23:25 - Jun 22 with 2301 viewsSwansea_Blue

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-on Fox News. on 23:03 - Jun 22 by ElderGrizzly

She is a horrible piece of work. Very close ties to Boris too. Very very close...

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/allison-pearson-beth-rigby-boris-johnson_

Oh, she was the one who had a go at the Sky reporter. Yes, she came across as an arsehole then too. Horrible piece of work indeed.

The Telegraph under the Barclay brothers has become a cess pit at times.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-on Fox News. on 23:30 - Jun 22 with 2284 viewswkj

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-on Fox News. on 23:25 - Jun 22 by Swansea_Blue

Oh, she was the one who had a go at the Sky reporter. Yes, she came across as an arsehole then too. Horrible piece of work indeed.

The Telegraph under the Barclay brothers has become a cess pit at times.

Not the the British press have ever really been the poster child of good values, the vast majority of them have really jumped in on this tribalism nonsense and amplifed it to extremes. A lot of readable papers have become mucky, even the supposed independent isn't independent feeling a lot of the time

Crybaby

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-on Fox News. on 05:01 - Jun 23 with 2197 viewsSpruceMoose

We can add Jeremy Vine to the list of people more concerned with people recording sounds in their own home than domestic abuse.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-on Fox News. on 09:22 - Jun 24 with 1959 viewsSwansea_Blue

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-on Fox News. on 23:30 - Jun 22 by wkj

Not the the British press have ever really been the poster child of good values, the vast majority of them have really jumped in on this tribalism nonsense and amplifed it to extremes. A lot of readable papers have become mucky, even the supposed independent isn't independent feeling a lot of the time

Yep. Agreed on the Indi - it's practically a dumbed-down comic these days. Daily Mail-esque in it's bias, but without quite the same level of divisive rhetoric (and somewhat more factually correct). It used to be a decent paper when first launched.

Most papers are peddling the views and propaganda of wealthy owners these days. The hypocrisy and irony in most of these papers is incredible - all the rallying against the "elites " and pushing similar conservative campaigns against the elites "UKIP, Brexit, Trump, etc.), undertaken by papers owned by privately educated, very wealthy, tax-avoiding, tax haven dwelling, white, true elite males (the Murdochs, Rothmeres, Barclay's, Desmonds of this world).

I was never a fan of the Guardian - I always found it overly verbose and some of the virtue signalling gets a bit too much. But increasingly it's one of the few papers that presents decent journalism at times and can generally be relied on to be factual (if biased towards Labour; and some of the columnists like Owen Jones aren't to my taste at times).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-on Fox News. on 11:27 - Jun 24 with 1902 viewsWeWereZombies

So, Telegraph hacks are going full-on Fox News. on 09:22 - Jun 24 by Swansea_Blue

Yep. Agreed on the Indi - it's practically a dumbed-down comic these days. Daily Mail-esque in it's bias, but without quite the same level of divisive rhetoric (and somewhat more factually correct). It used to be a decent paper when first launched.

Most papers are peddling the views and propaganda of wealthy owners these days. The hypocrisy and irony in most of these papers is incredible - all the rallying against the "elites " and pushing similar conservative campaigns against the elites "UKIP, Brexit, Trump, etc.), undertaken by papers owned by privately educated, very wealthy, tax-avoiding, tax haven dwelling, white, true elite males (the Murdochs, Rothmeres, Barclay's, Desmonds of this world).

I was never a fan of the Guardian - I always found it overly verbose and some of the virtue signalling gets a bit too much. But increasingly it's one of the few papers that presents decent journalism at times and can generally be relied on to be factual (if biased towards Labour; and some of the columnists like Owen Jones aren't to my taste at times).

I always thought that The independent had been bought by The Mail but I got it the wrong way round, the new owner bought a stake from Daily Mail Holdings. His Wikipedia page makes for interesting reading and conspiracy theorists might note 'He has a pet wolf called Boris.':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evgeny_Lebedev

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024