Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
var just overturned a clear penalty 20:57 - Jun 22 with 1176 viewsTrequartista

Ball hit player on the badge on her arm as clear as day ref sees it gives penalty some blind people in a call centre overturn it!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

var just overturned a clear penalty on 09:46 - Jun 23 with 991 viewsPositivelyPortman

The ref gave it, after viewing it herself on VAR.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

var just overturned a clear penalty on 10:19 - Jun 23 with 960 viewssundaze

There have been a lot of controversial decisions, however I think the ref was right to change her mind on this one.
I was watching and said penalty straight away, but after watching the many, many replays, there is no way I could honestly say that the ball hit her arm rather than her chest.
We all know by now that once the VAR officials ask the ref to have another look at an incident, the original decision will be overturned.
var just overturned a clear penalty on 11:42 - Jun 23 with 908 viewsTrequartista

var just overturned a clear penalty on 09:46 - Jun 23 by PositivelyPortman

The ref gave it, after viewing it herself on VAR.

I know that made it even more ridiculous. It seems to me that if the panel have made their recommendation the referee is under pressure to approve it.

var just overturned a clear penalty on 11:45 - Jun 23 with 904 viewsTrequartista

var just overturned a clear penalty on 10:19 - Jun 23 by sundaze

There have been a lot of controversial decisions, however I think the ref was right to change her mind on this one.
I was watching and said penalty straight away, but after watching the many, many replays, there is no way I could honestly say that the ball hit her arm rather than her chest.
We all know by now that once the VAR officials ask the ref to have another look at an incident, the original decision will be overturned.

It did look like the shoulder area from some angles but the front angle showed the ball hitting the white badge located on the upper arm of the shirt.

var just overturned a clear penalty on 11:50 - Jun 23 with 897 viewssundaze

var just overturned a clear penalty on 11:45 - Jun 23 by Trequartista

It did look like the shoulder area from some angles but the front angle showed the ball hitting the white badge located on the upper arm of the shirt.

That's what my son told me. I guess my eyes aren't as sharp as you guys, but I really couldn't tell if the ball hit the arm or the chest.
I don't know why they don't show it frame by frame, as in cricket, it couldn't take any longer than all those endless replays.
var just overturned a clear penalty on 12:00 - Jun 23 with 886 viewsBlue_In_Boston

var just overturned a clear penalty on 10:19 - Jun 23 by sundaze

If three different people watch an incident and aren't unanimous then surely its not beyond reasonable doubt and therefore the original decision stands - even if with TV evidence its a harsh decision.
var just overturned a clear penalty on 12:09 - Jun 23 with 874 viewsTrequartista

var just overturned a clear penalty on 11:50 - Jun 23 by sundaze

That's what my son told me. I guess my eyes aren't as sharp as you guys, but I really couldn't tell if the ball hit the arm or the chest.
I don't know why they don't show it frame by frame, as in cricket, it couldn't take any longer than all those endless replays.

DRS is excellent in cricket because nothing is subjective

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024