Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? 16:35 - Jun 23 with 2982 viewsDuckegg

If playing against men what league would they be playing at?

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 16:41 - Jun 23 with 2960 viewswkj

Hard to say really. I expect it would be mixed teams rather than battle of the sexes

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 16:45 - Jun 23 with 2952 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think it matters. It has been brilliantly entertaining.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 16:46 - Jun 23 with 2946 viewsxrayspecs

Depends if you judge it on technique or athleticism?

For purely physiological reasons, women would struggle to compete against the physicality of a men's team, even down into the non-legaue.

So not sure it is a fair comparison.
Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 16:49 - Jun 23 with 2931 viewsphillymark

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 16:45 - Jun 23 by J2BLUE

I don't think it matters. It has been brilliantly entertaining.

Amen.
Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 16:50 - Jun 23 with 2929 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It is what it is.

Best judged on its own merits.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:04 - Jun 23 with 2901 viewsSwailsey

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 16:50 - Jun 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

It is what it is.

Here here to this and J2. Great stuff.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:07 - Jun 23 with 2893 viewsDubtractor

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:04 - Jun 23 by Swailsey

Here here to this and J2. Great stuff.

I really enjoyed the England Japan game, and against Argentina I though England played well, but this game is pretty ropey!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:36 - Jun 23 with 2814 viewsGuthrum

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 16:50 - Jun 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

It is what it is.

If you think of where women's football is compared with men's, in terms of full-time professional status and training levels, academies, infrastructure, funding, widespread popularity (with special reference to attracting players) and so on, then it's developing fast, but is still well behind the men's game. So it's not an entirely fair comparison of standards between the two.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:43 - Jun 23 with 2797 viewsRyorry

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:36 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

If you think of where women's football is compared with men's, in terms of full-time professional status and training levels, academies, infrastructure, funding, widespread popularity (with special reference to attracting players) and so on, then it's developing fast, but is still well behind the men's game. So it's not an entirely fair comparison of standards between the two.

Agree, but some of the play by England in that first half was beautiful.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:48 - Jun 23 with 2780 viewsDubtractor

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:43 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

I disagree based on this game, we played well on group games, but the number of errors from both us and Cameroon in this game is remarkable.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:49 - Jun 23 with 2776 viewsRyorry

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:48 - Jun 23 by Dubtractor

I disagree based on this game, we played well on group games, but the number of errors from both us and Cameroon in this game is remarkable.

I said "some of"!

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:52 - Jun 23 with 2766 viewsDubtractor

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:49 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

I said "some of"!

Ha. Fair enough.

In fairness our second and third goals were very well worked.

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 18:03 - Jun 23 with 2741 viewsRyorry

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:52 - Jun 23 by Dubtractor

Ha. Fair enough.

In fairness our second and third goals were very well worked.

I thought the first was too - looked as tho they'd practised it in training, but I wonder? So unusual a scenario, the manager practicing for that would be a meticulous one indeed.

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 18:05 - Jun 23 with 2731 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:43 - Jun 23 by Ryorry

They play some good stuff, as Mille Bright said... it's shouldn't be a big surprise, they are full time professional footballers.

Good to see though.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 18:46 - Jun 23 with 2643 viewsIllinoisblue

best in the world

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 19:41 - Jun 23 with 2565 viewsBlueBadger

We could probably hold our own against most of them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 21:55 - Jun 23 with 2462 viewsTrequartista

Not sure why this question often comes up. I don't think i've ever watched an England Schoolboys match and wondered how they'd do against the England first team.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2019 22:09]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 22:32 - Jun 23 with 2416 viewsgosblue

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 17:36 - Jun 23 by Guthrum

I have enjoyed watching the games and Women’s football has come a long way. I didn’t see today’s game as I was working but having watched the England/Japan game I would say England’s midfield is all over the place. The players don’t appear to know instinctively where they need to be on the pitch. I’m sure this will improve as the level of coaching improves. For example, Parry came on as sub on the left wing and when we lost the ball it took her about 30 seconds to tuck in. This was drummed into us at a very young age. That said, I am very impressed with the lionesses and I am looking forward to Thursday’s game.
Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 22:45 - Jun 23 with 2394 viewsNorthLondonBlue2

Hard to say, but certainly, I think some individual women, particularly the strikers, could play in a men's team.

Generally, however, the quality is pretty low overall, but some of the technical skill has been impressive.

For example, the Norway-Australia game was very high quality. England tonight were technically good, but living very dangerously indeed. I expect England will get punished by the Norwegians for some of their naivety in the box.

But hey, it's football, and that's all that really matters.
Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 06:44 - Jun 24 with 2253 viewsJamestownPrince

The standard is improving, the chances per game are increasing and the power behind clearances, shooting, free kicks etc is getting more, compared to a few years back...

I've watched bits and pieces and has been entertaining, hopefully the Dutch will go all the way!!

However, 4 years ago https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-womens-national-team-lose-7
Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 07:43 - Jun 24 with 2211 viewsBluebell

I have never watched women's football before but been amazed at the talent the England team show and how enjoying it is to watch.

No rolling around on the floor in agony, passing the ball acurately and hardly any fouls. The men's team could certainly learn something from them!
Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 09:42 - Jun 24 with 2123 viewsHeathlander

Lucy Bronze is better than Miles Kenlock and would get into our team. That's not a dig at Miles by the way. It's an assessment of the ability of Lucy Bronze.

I can't understand why they play her at left back. She is such a good player i would put her into midfield to affect the game more.
Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 12:34 - Jun 24 with 2038 viewsGeoffSentence

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 06:44 - Jun 24 by JamestownPrince

The standard is improving, the chances per game are increasing and the power behind clearances, shooting, free kicks etc is getting more, compared to a few years back...

I've watched bits and pieces and has been entertaining, hopefully the Dutch will go all the way!!

However, 4 years ago https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/australian-womens-national-team-lose-7

That was probaly just the mothering instinct kicking in.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 12:53 - Jun 24 with 2011 viewsRadlett_blue

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 22:45 - Jun 23 by NorthLondonBlue2

Hard to say, but certainly, I think some individual women, particularly the strikers, could play in a men's team.

Generally, however, the quality is pretty low overall, but some of the technical skill has been impressive.

For example, the Norway-Australia game was very high quality. England tonight were technically good, but living very dangerously indeed. I expect England will get punished by the Norwegians for some of their naivety in the box.

But hey, it's football, and that's all that really matters.

Maybe Paul Lambert is scouting some of them as a potential replacement for Harrison?
Does it say anywhere in the FL rules that the players have to be male?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 13:52 - Jun 24 with 1966 viewsSouperJim

Woman's world cup...whats the standard?? on 12:53 - Jun 24 by Radlett_blue

Maybe Paul Lambert is scouting some of them as a potential replacement for Harrison?
Does it say anywhere in the FL rules that the players have to be male?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4110027.stm

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024