Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR, crap again. Joke of a system (n/t) 17:26 - Jun 23 with 1280 viewsSamWhiteUK

VAR, crap again. Joke of a system (n/t) on 17:31 - Jun 23 with 1267 viewsStokieBlue

In what way?

In the fact that the right decision was given?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

VAR, crap again. Joke of a system (n/t) on 18:17 - Jun 23 with 1201 viewsRonFearonsHair

VAR, crap again. Joke of a system (n/t) on 17:31 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

In what way?

SB

It's too marginal to feel confident that the right decision was made.

Some of the freeze frames I have seen do not look like they have been taken the precise moment the ball was played.
VAR, crap again. Joke of a system (n/t) on 18:26 - Jun 23 with 1173 viewsMrTown

I haven’t seen the game, but have just seen the freeze frame of the Cameroon disallowed goal.

She’s offside?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

VAR, crap again. Joke of a system (n/t) on 09:22 - Jun 24 with 1002 viewsSamWhiteUK

VAR, crap again. Joke of a system (n/t) on 17:31 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

In what way?

SB

Crap in the sense that England's goal was clearly onside in real time, but the lineswoman was told to flag, and then, when the world can see in one replay that White was onside, it takes 3 or 4 minutes.

Plus, they didn't rule in the 4th minute that a clear elbow to the face should have been a red card.

In THAT way.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 17:19]
VAR, crap again. Joke of a system (n/t) on 09:27 - Jun 24 with 995 viewsStokieBlue

VAR, crap again. Joke of a system (n/t) on 09:22 - Jun 24 by SamWhiteUK

Crap in the sense that England's goal was clearly onside in real time, but the lineswoman was told to flag, and then, when the world can see in one replay that White was onside, it takes 3 or 4 minutes.

Plus, they didn't rule in the 4th minute that a clear elbow to the face should have been a red card.

In THAT way.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 17:19]

So in the way that all decisions that were referred to VAR were then correctly made?

I'm not sure it's much of an argument to be honest.

I agree it needs speeding up though, it needs to be automated for everything it can be.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

VAR, crap again. Joke of a system (n/t) on 09:38 - Jun 24 with 986 viewsSamWhiteUK

VAR, crap again. Joke of a system (n/t) on 09:27 - Jun 24 by StokieBlue

So in the way that all decisions that were referred to VAR were then correctly made?

I'm not sure it's much of an argument to be honest.

I agree it needs speeding up though, it needs to be automated for everything it can be.

SB

The lineswoman wouldn't have flagged if VAR wasn't in place, and the goal would've stood, I have no doubt. When you then take into account all the CMR bitching etc, it was 6 or 7 minutes for what should've been a simple goal.

We can't sing VAR's praise for awarding the correct decision when it was the reason it was ever in doubt in the first place, it's stupid
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024