Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD at Glastonbury 11:17 - Jun 24 with 1360 viewsunstableblue

So who is going? (normally a ITFC flag sails by one year)

Weather looks great, if a little hot on Friday.

Who you wanting to see? Fontaines DC, Lizzo, Tame Impala, Wombats, Gerry Cinnamon, Pip Blom to name but a few for me.

(Cue: those saying Glasto has lost its soul since the 90s (well I've gone pretty much every year, and that is simply not the case, its soul grows, with its environmental stance, and 'libtard' mentality)

Did you know there is seaside pier this year? crazy man

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

TWTD at Glastonbury on 11:35 - Jun 24 with 1314 viewsLevelTheLand

I won’t be there, but I think IDLEs are doing at least 2 sets, which should be good. I’m also a big fan of Gojira, but that’s quite heavy...

Enjoy!
TWTD at Glastonbury on 11:38 - Jun 24 with 1314 viewsOldsmoker

Used to go. 1981 to 1999 were my first and last years.
I never cared who was on.
The programme was a joke as to who was playing except for the pyramid stage.
The acts used to shuffle times and even switch to different days.
I used to hang around the comedy and acoustic tents in the rainy years.
It's the atmosphere that's the winner even when it's a mud bath.
When they stopped allowing cars into the camping areas we stopped going as a convoy of cars with 30+ people and it started to lose the charm from there on for me.
The last 5 years I had backstage access and camping as I had connections to the Bristol people helping run the festival. Michael Eavis culled the backstage hangers-on when the fence went up so I stopped going.
Glastonbury is one of those things to do before you die.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 11:38]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

TWTD at Glastonbury on 11:41 - Jun 24 with 1296 viewsWeWereZombies

Never been, which is a bit sad of me considering I bought the triple album of the first festival when it came out in 1971(?), maybe 1972...Anyway, I did enjoy listening to Emily Eavis on Desert Island Discs yesterday and I might get around to it this year. My schedule for the summer includes helping out at the local Community Hall celebration and then maybe WOMAD the following weekend. Have been bought a ticket for Wickham the weekend after that, maybe what remains of Sidmouth afterwards or Cropredy on the Friday night for Caravan. All culminates in the very wonderful FolkEast in the middle of August, a very comfortable version of what I imagine Glastonbury is like at its best but with better beer.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

TWTD at Glastonbury on 11:48 - Jun 24 with 1275 viewsunstableblue

TWTD at Glastonbury on 11:38 - Jun 24 by Oldsmoker

Used to go. 1981 to 1999 were my first and last years.
I never cared who was on.
The programme was a joke as to who was playing except for the pyramid stage.
The acts used to shuffle times and even switch to different days.
I used to hang around the comedy and acoustic tents in the rainy years.
It's the atmosphere that's the winner even when it's a mud bath.
When they stopped allowing cars into the camping areas we stopped going as a convoy of cars with 30+ people and it started to lose the charm from there on for me.
The last 5 years I had backstage access and camping as I had connections to the Bristol people helping run the festival. Michael Eavis culled the backstage hangers-on when the fence went up so I stopped going.
Glastonbury is one of those things to do before you die.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2019 11:38]

I was living in Bristol in those final years before the impenetrable fence went on - they were fecking crazy and edgy

Headliners and main stages are not the place at Glasto... its the small stages and mental things going on the edges that make it. And of course just the brilliant vibe and manner of the people there. Never any aggro or pushing, everyone so friendly. Its almost like the best of the UK in cross section, which I'm looking forward given the plight of our nation, and how factious people seem to be.

The greenpeace new area, strummerville, Block 9, The Park, Rabbit Hole, etc etc etc new places that have made it an even better experience.

And there stance on plastic this year, and the metal pint mugs, its all good.

Can't wait.

TWTD at Glastonbury on 13:03 - Jun 24 with 1202 viewsOldsmoker

TWTD at Glastonbury on 11:48 - Jun 24 by unstableblue

I was living in Bristol in those final years before the impenetrable fence went on - they were fecking crazy and edgy

Headliners and main stages are not the place at Glasto... its the small stages and mental things going on the edges that make it. And of course just the brilliant vibe and manner of the people there. Never any aggro or pushing, everyone so friendly. Its almost like the best of the UK in cross section, which I'm looking forward given the plight of our nation, and how factious people seem to be.

The greenpeace new area, strummerville, Block 9, The Park, Rabbit Hole, etc etc etc new places that have made it an even better experience.

And there stance on plastic this year, and the metal pint mugs, its all good.

Can't wait.

What day do you go?
Apart from my first year, we always went on the wednesday so we could get our tents up in one group and hoard all the firewood.
Favourite spot was just below the road that traverses the top of the pyramid stage field in front of the farmhouse.

TWTD at Glastonbury on 12:48 - Jun 25 with 1023 viewsunstableblue

TWTD at Glastonbury on 13:03 - Jun 24 by Oldsmoker

What day do you go?
Apart from my first year, we always went on the wednesday so we could get our tents up in one group and hoard all the firewood.
Favourite spot was just below the road that traverses the top of the pyramid stage field in front of the farmhouse.

Sadly we're not heading down till Thursday night... camper van... hoping to still get a goodish spot

Weather looks of the scale

I know the spot you mean... good area

TWTD at Glastonbury on 13:26 - Jun 25 with 978 viewsOldsmoker

TWTD at Glastonbury on 12:48 - Jun 25 by unstableblue

Sadly we're not heading down till Thursday night... camper van... hoping to still get a goodish spot

Weather looks of the scale

I know the spot you mean... good area

The traffic queues are always painful.
I used to take a route from West Compton/Burford down Summershill Lane then Totterdown lane to Pilton village. It comes out at the local shop/post office just half a mile from the main entrance.
Saves you a few hours over queuing on the A361.
Hope you have a blast.

TWTD at Glastonbury on 15:13 - Jun 25 with 949 viewsCookycrew

Hi unstableblue,
I will be there with an Ipswich Town Shirt on (with tghe missus) - if that counts.
Appreciate it is a bit late in the day, but can you arrange a spare ITFC flag/pole?
Of the bands you've mentioned ... Gerry Cinnamon & The Wombats are 2 we are hoping to see.
This is our 3rd Galstonbury on the trot..... and it is a truly beautiful/wonderful experience.
We go for the whole deal - all the villages + the music too.
If we dont meet - Have a fantastic time. We will.
Cheers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024